Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a judge consider someone charged with bank card hijinks and no previous criminal record to be a serious flight risk? That is his current charge, nothing else. A good lawyer will have him out in no time. Setting an unusually high bond for a misdemeanor, could prejudice the government's case later on. If the government amends his charges to a series of felonies and a murder charge later on, I can see either a high bond or no bond.
A reason to detain him?

I still can't believe he was/is 23. My SO is also a 23-year-old man and, imo, looks older than his age, yet Brian looks old enough to be his father.

Brian looks like he could be any 45-year-old dude wandering around a gas station.

I am so naive. I can’t imagine the parents allowing this farce of a search for BL in the reserve if they know he’s not there. IMO SAR/LE are using this opportunity to play with their toys and get some training in. I don’t think he’s there but IMO he’s probably dead.
My first time posting so this is all IMO but why would the parents of BL be going to meet his attorney if they knew he wasn’t alive?

Fluorescent Spray Chalk, 7 oz – Latent Forensics

Similar in composition to regular chalk, Spray Chalk is the ideal crime scene marking solution. When applied to a surface, it leaves a bright, easily visible and non-permanent fluorescent mark behind. Spray Chalk will adhere to nearly any surface, including asphalt, concrete, brick, wood, grass and metal. Spray Chalk is applied similar to a can of spray paint. However, when finished, it simply washes off with water.

Do you have any ideas or guesses as to what evidence you might think they are marking? Have you looked at the crime scene photos?

I still can't believe he was/is 23. My SO is also a 23-year-old man and, imo, looks older than his age, yet Brian looks old enough to be his father.

Brian looks like he could be any 45-year-old dude wandering around a gas station.
It's irrelevant to his character and actions, though. Someone's appearance has nothing to do with how murderous they can be.

IMO if he’s in there, he’s dead. The conditions are so hideous I can’t imagine. At some point you’d think jail would almost be preferable.
The amount of time I’ve spent the last few days wondering which is worse, jail or a swamp. I’m pretty sure it’s the swamp.

You could be right but the only thing that gives me pause (& I admit, it’s tenuous) is B. Entin, reporter, saying there were 2 things he learned from LE he couldn’t say in case BL hears. That made me think they a) specifically requested this of him/media & b) they believe he is alive & somehow listening or having info relayed to him. Edit to add: my speculation & inference only!

My first time posting so this is all IMO but why would the parents of BL be going to meet his attorney if they knew he wasn’t alive?
I agree -- if they know he is dead, I think they would stop all the secrecy, probably make a public statement attempting to appear empathetic to Gabby's family, and try to be as cooperative with LE as possible to reduce the chance of being charged with anything themselves. MOO

BBM. Did they say that? I don't remember anyone but the parent's lawyer saying that.
That's why LE continued to say BL was a POI and no arrest warrant was issued. Isn't it? At least that's what I thought.

Maybe, but they have to be provable (probable cause). Until then, he's got a clean record (I haven't heard otherwise) and a midemeanor bank card fraud. Any decent lawyer could win him a fine and probation - which is why all of this running from the law is so ridiculous. I blame all of this LE expense and wild behavior on the advice of his really out-of-touch lawyer. I've never seen a lawyer's advice make his client and family appear so utterly guilty before charges are lain that warrant flight. Its crazy.
BBM
Agree
The attorney AND the parents, IMO

Wild goose chase, tons of LE/FBI/Searchers out looking due to what ???
I think they are looking elsewhere also, at least I hope so.

I cruise all the time - just a drivers license and original birth certificate required

That requirement suggests you go on closed loop cruises where the cruise begins and ends in the same US port. If you take a repositioning cruise or a transatlantic and disembark in lets say, Canada or Italy you need a passport.

BL could take a closed loop cruise and intentionally not return to the ship in a foreign port, though.

Can we do a poll of who thinks Brian is alive vs. who thinks he's dead? I want to gauge what us WSers are thinking. I think he's dead.
I think he's dead. He seems to be the kind of bloke that has to have an admirer, or, /and a target to play out his fetishes on. Someone to be a co-player, if unintentionally, in his little mind games. He couldn't get around more than 10 mins without hitchhiking with someone, he needs an audience.

SO I think he is long dead. I don't think he has the skills necessary for the environment. Or the skills to lay low. I've only been a tourist in a few Florida swamps, but I recognise the skills it would take to survive there. Killed by someone? possible. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't heard of Mostly Harmless. After reading about him this seems like a definite possibility.
I don't think so. Mostly Harmless seems to have died of starvation. He had plenty of money. IFAIK he wasn't wanted by the FBI. He was just some regular guy on the AT. People remembered him. That's exactly what BL will have to avoid.

I have a theory I haven't seen mentioned. I'm thinking that when BL went home to move her stuff that maybe his parents convinced him to go back and finish the trip with GP. Maybe he was trying to remove himself, but they didn't want her finishing the trip alone. It could explain why they would try to help him and cover for him if they feel like it is their fault. Just a thought. It's all speculation, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda