Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I haven't heard of any publicly available evidence that points to him specifically. It's more his and his family's post-GP death actions that make him look guilty than any actual evidence that has been revealed. I for instance see that camping area as relatively busy, which the Bethunes who caught the campervan on film even talked about inviting them to participate in their ad hoc camping group plus of the alleged witnesses I haven't heard anyone say they saw BL had defensive wounds on his face or elsewhere. It's not to say that I think he's innocent but just so far I haven't heard of evidence made public that would be sufficient to convict, though the more of a criminal fugitive he is, the more it's going to hurt him with a judge/jury like I'm sure they'd use emptying her bank account against him in court. With me for instance I see that campground as vastly different from private property where we've owned hundreds of acres of private property and that place was definitely not private in any sense with it crawling with people relative to private acreage. The worst evidence against BL I've seen has actually been BL's parents refusing to talk to GP's parents about GP where it makes him look guilty and that his parents are covering for him, but not actual evidence from the campsite or from evidence obtained from a search warrant.
I agree.

In the light of being in WY and coming back to FL...just to hide next door....In the big scheme of things this is Not the thing to do. But again neither is flaunting BL around the neighborhood. I hope their intelligence is sound and not just based on his parents words.
I wonder if flaunting him around the neighborhood was deliberate. "See, everyone? Brian is here!" Then sneaking him off far away, and pretending he's still home.

Many red flags, tho mine may be different than yours...
MOO: I am struggling trusting the information from the friend found on Bumble, something about playing both sides of the fence and opinions, and I am unsure if there are financial or other personally valuable benefits to her publicity.

If Gabby did find her through Bumble, I think, again, MOO, Bumble is a flag...may not be the only relationship app involved. Who knows, but it COULD help explain some of the dynamics, not excuse them, but give insight. My two cents ONLY!

Note that Bumble has a "Bumble BFF" section, in which people can look for friends.

JMO

People missing the signs is what the variable is.
This wasn't some great relationship that had an added stress or variable that made it awful IMO.

Not being rude but people aren't aware of the signs of relationship red flags so they tend to look back and say "there were none". Anyone who is trauma informed or even just psychologically informed can see them from a mile away.

GP's family and friends in Long Island saying they didn't know him (evasive) - red flag
Moving in together far away from her parents and established relationships rather early on in the relationship (isolating) - red flag
The early public proclamations of undying love or love until death (love bombing) - red flag
No apparent work ethic or goals aside drifting around (lack of ethics) - red flag

All those red flags escalate over time. Toss them in a high stress situation and they escalate at a more rapid and toxic pace.

Agree! With only one “additional”, The PUBLIC “disrespect” that HE SAW when Gabby continued to apologize for his “bad behavior” toward employees at the Tex Mex restaurant, IMO, was his complete UNDOING. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gabby was never allowed to exit that van alive after that event. And if she was, I think her death was premeditated from that point on; from the ride from the restaurant to their camp spot on the side of the road, where if premeditated, he encouraged her to walk to the area near the creek/river where her body was found. I think he then, may have exploded on her in rage, blindsided her and may have taken her life right there. The only credence I give to the idea he was controlled and patient enough to plan her demise and that he may have waited to carry it through, is that taking her life from her where she was found consumes less of his own energy. Also, passers-by seeing a guy carrying what could be a dead body wrapped in a tent or other camping equipment to hide that she was a body, could also cause him to “do it” where she was found. JMO. And a terribly sad and regretful theory at that. RIP Gabby. Sorrow for your love ones.

Last edited:
“As the "major" part of the search ended Friday, Taylor said Saturday's and Sunday's efforts will be focusing on "areas of more likelihood."

Law enforcement won't be providing regular updates unless something of note is found over the weekend, Taylor said” here

ugh, the radio silence is getting to me. Not been able to function properly today trying to keep up with any new news & listening to scanner. And now we know that we won’t be getting regular updates. Fingers crossed they find him soon!
BBM - the continued brilliance of PIO Taylor. :rolleyes:

Th
Yes, I appreciate you guys bringing this up. Her sentence is weird altogether to me.

She said, "Because that's what he did when he is..."

I don't want to overanalyze her because she might have been nervous, but the use of two different tenses raised my brows. Does she mean "that was what he did when he was," "that's what he does when he is," or what?

I don't understand the statement in the context that this was something he did once -- as in August 17th to the 23rd. She sounds like she's trying to say something happened habitually. Does anyone disagree?

If that's the case, she might not be referring to an August 17th trip, but instead, a habit (which could include that 8/17 trip, btw.)
That’s exactly what I thought. I thought medical! I posted way back when that he might have flown back to see his doctor, psychiatrist!

Yes, it's good evidence but I wouldn't call it sufficient evidence. They'd need more than that, like something that specifically ties him to the murder scene that can't be explained away by them cohabitating. He for instance seems like a weird guy and he also appears to have been in a panic, which even if he was innocent he might not want to tell her parents that she was murdered so was engaging in a dilatory tactic as he decided what to do. I think he engaged in that dilatory tactic because he was the murderer, but you'd need better than that for an actual serious criminal conviction instead of just a mere opinion on a message board.
Agreed, but if her time of death can be established, and their phones can be traced in a manner that suggests he sent the messages, it would be excellent circumstantial evidence, as he never reported her missing, imo.

For me I haven't heard of any publicly available evidence that points to him specifically. It's more his and his family's post-GP death actions that make him look guilty than any actual evidence that has been revealed. I for instance see that camping area as relatively busy, which the Bethunes who caught the campervan on film even talked about inviting them to participate in their ad hoc camping group plus of the alleged witnesses I haven't heard anyone say they saw BL had defensive wounds on his face or elsewhere. It's not to say that I think he's innocent but just so far I haven't heard of evidence made public that would be sufficient to convict, though the more of a criminal fugitive he is, the more it's going to hurt him with a judge/jury like I'm sure they'd use emptying her bank account against him in court. With me for instance I see that campground as vastly different from private property where we've owned hundreds of acres of private property and that place was definitely not private in any sense with it crawling with people relative to private acreage. The worst evidence against BL I've seen has actually been BL's parents refusing to talk to GP's parents about GP where it makes him look guilty and that his parents are covering for him, but not actual evidence from the campsite or from evidence obtained from a search warrant.

Publicly known "evidence sufficient to convict" him of the homicide is just not going to happen. Not at this point, and not until any trial, if there is one.

Folks following this and similar cases should really understand that the legs process is long, and incremental, that trials are tricky (in the sense of adding procedural matters into the mix when it comes to what evidence is admissible or not, and many other things), and until closing arguments, you are just not going to know what all is in the mix from an adjudication perspective.

There is a significant distance between/among evidence sufficient to arrest, to charge, to prosecute, and to close.

Not directed specifically at you, but statements before there is even a person in custody that "I don't see enough for a conviction" just really clutter the discussion.

All that is missing is the bounty hunter from the Casey Anthony case. I suppose they could now make a reality show titled "Finding Brian, proof of the ultimate Manhunter". :D

Dog the Bounty Hunter reveals how he would track down Brian Laundrie

With the $20k offered by Boohoff Law P.A. for information leading to the arrest of Brian Laudrie, I wouldn't be surprised if professional bounty hunters, especially those with television shows, get publicly involved in the search.
This case certainly has captivated the publics' attention.

I mean, if he's deceased, he is somewhere. Where? That's the question. I think "Is he dead or alive" would be another poll.

Dead is dead. He's not anywhere then, though his remains might be.

I don't think a poll should be a philosophical exercise. Adding "dead," with or without hypothetical locations, should be added.

Publicly known "evidence sufficient to convict" him of the homicide is just not going to happen. Not at this point, and not until any trial, if there is one.

Folks following this and similar cases should really understand that the legs process is long, and incremental, that trials are tricky (in the sense of adding procedural matters into the mix when it comes to what evidence is admissible or not, and many other things), and until closing arguments, you are just not going to know what all is in the mix from an adjudication perspective.

There is a significant distance between/among evidence sufficient to arrest, to charge, to prosecute, and to close.

Not directed specifically at you, but statements before there is even a person in custody that "I don't see enough for a conviction" just really clutter the discussion.
Oh...I LIKE this!

This map indicates the road trip started in New York. Is it know that this where the van was purchased and/or outfitted and/or they prepared for the trip? Maybe somebody could clarify (sorry if it's been done already...) why the trip isn't viewed as originating in Florida where Gabby and Brian were living?

Added the "Long Island" location with links to the info about beginning the trip Jul 2, after the graduation of GP's brother (SOURCE).

I see it now, thanks! Is there any option to make the hitch-hiking route a different color? I'm guessing not.

Not that I could figure out, but if anyone does know how, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn