Found Deceased MI - Nadine Vera Moses, 84, @2:30am tidied up & left home in '11 Ford Edge, Casco, 4 May 2021

This case is local to me and I've been following since the 4th. In the article published by FOX 2, Nadine's son Todd says her phone last pinged around the Marine City water tower. In an article published by Port Huron's Times Herald, it says her phone was dead so it only pinged at her house. Is her cellphone at her house?

Edit - I see the update for May 15th and understand now.

Nadine is from Casco Township which is at most 1 hour away from Marine City. Why would it take her 3 hours to get there?

Welcome @gidget_bardot . Thanks for the local perspective.

All good questions. Sadly we don't know the answers.

Search continues for 84-year-old St. Clair County woman missing for weeks

On the morning of April 4, Moses had a full tank of gas and approximately $50 in cash, deputies confirmed. She has not used her debit card or credit card since she went missing.

The St. Clair River and Belle River were searched by air and sonar with no sign of Moses’ vehicle.

Michigan State Police reviewed her cell phone data on May 8 and conducted a flyover of an extensive area based on pings to her phone or cell tower data provided.

The sheriff’s office received a tip on Wednesday, May 19, from a drone operator regarding what he believed to be a vehicle submerged in the St. Clair River off Algonac State Park.

A marine division and dive team from the sheriff’s office responded and located what ended up being a pile of logs.

to note
The family of 84-year-old Nadine Moses hoping for the best, but as the search for their elderly mother enters its fourth week, they are prepared for the worst.

"Resolution yeah, and a chance to put her next to my dad," said Barry Moses.

Her 2011 dark blue Ford Edge SUV was spotted on two surveillance cameras in Marine City. The last activity tracked on Nadine's cell phone was 9:15 that morning in that same area of M-29 and Fairbanks Street.

Some fear she may have been confused and left the state, but St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King says, license plate readers have not indicated that, and after driving all night and having just $50 in cash, she likely wasn't able to get far.

Nadine's family and the sheriff is asking people to take time over the holiday weekend and search their property lines and trails, looking for any sign of Nadine or her Ford Edge SUV.

"There is more open land and people who come up here to hunt and have secondary homes, so we are asking people to check those fields behind your barns, places aren't seen by the road or visited too often," said King.

Nadine Moses is still missing after four weeks

St. Clair County Sheriff's Office releases timeline on search for Nadine Moses

Below is a timeline of attempts by local law enforcement to locate the missing woman:

•Cell phone data was retrieved, indicating Nadine may have been driving from about 2:15 a.m. on May 4th until about 9:15 a.m. that same day in the general areas of Ira, Casco, Cottrellville, China and East China Townships and Marine City.
•According to the gathered information, she was believed to have been in the M-29 area of Marine City at about 5:15 a.m.

•By checking surveillance cameras, it is believed that her vehicle was observed on 2 cameras in the early morning hours of May 4th.
•The vehicle was northbound on M-29, passing the Marine City Police Department.
•The vehicle then turned east on Fairbanks. It is unknown where the vehicle headed after that.

•On the afternoon of May 8th, Michigan State Police reviewed Nadine’s cell phone data. They then conducted a flyover of an extensive area based on pings to her phone or cell tower data provided.
•On Wednesday, May 19th, the Sheriff’s Office received a tip from a drone operator regarding what he believed to be a vehicle submerged in the St. Clair River off Algonac State Park. The Sheriff’s Office Marine Division and Dive Team responded and located the item, which ended up being a pile of logs.
•A check was also made on all open riverbank and open water entry points.
•A search of the St. Clair River and Belle River was also made by air and sonar.
•turnouts, state game areas, businesses and other locations where a vehicle might be located, but not noticed have been checked.

Last edited:
Missing - Nadine Moses Missing Nadine Moses fb group

June 15 Post:
UPDATE (June 15, 2021) ... It has been six weeks and we thank ALL of you that continually keep an eye out for any signs that could lead the police to finding the location of Nadine Moses. Mom is still missing with no solid leads materializing.

As mentioned before, there were no signs of foul play or forceable entrance into the home at the time of departure. The cell tower connections were able to trace the first 7 hours of her disappearance, showing her driving locally through neighboring towns for the first 3 hours and then remaining within a single cell tower location in Marine City, Michigan for the last 4 hours before her phone went off-line. Search efforts have focused on this area, and the surrounding areas, reaching into various communities and countrysides throughout the thumb of Michigan. Her cell phone and medical alert system were no longer traceable later on day 1 and the car is pre-GPS as a standard item, so it cannot be tracked.

The following items have been conducted:
* Thousands of miles from 100+ concerned family members, friends, and individuals were covered in a coordinated search party.
* Drone searches around Casco Township examined the area.
* Multiple areal searches (both police-led and private) were administered.
* Waterways were searched using sonar devices.
* Waterway locations of interest were searched with dive teams.
* Plate readers have been examined.
* Areas of interest were searched by foot.
* Ford personnel were contacted for any possible advanced tracking options regarding the car.
* Advanced technology was used by law enforcement on tracking her cellular phone.
* Video footage on the day of her disappearance from business and residential devices were examined closely.
* News articles have been published with various papers.
* TV news reports and/or interviews were posted and broadcast by Channels 2, 4 & 7.
* Announcements were made on area radio station WJR.
* Flyers have been displayed in numerous businesses throughout the thumb of Michigan.
* Prayer vigils have been held on her behalf.

Search for missing Casco Twp. woman continues

July 29
The search for Nadine Moses continues after she went missing nearly three months ago.

Campau said Thursday the department currently has no leads.

Early in the search, the sheriff department and St. Clair County Dive Team searched large waterways for Moses or her vehicle, including the Belle, Pine and St. Clair rivers.

Roger Randall, one of the chiefs of the dive team, said the team's search, which is directed by the sheriff department, is focusing on rivers and ponds on private properties where a vehicle could be submerged and out of sight.

“It’s mainly been people’s houses in their back ponds," he said.

•Moses' vehicle was last seen on two surveillance cameras in the early hours of May 4, heading northbound on M-29 past the Marine City Police Department and turning east onto Fairbanks Street.
•Retrieved cell phone data indicates she might have been driving about 2:15 a.m. until 9:15 a.m. on May 4 near Ira, Casco, Cottrellville, China and East China townships and Marine City
•Police checked turnouts, state game areas, businesses and other locations where a vehicle could be out of view.
•Aerial and sonar searches of the St. Clair and Belle rivers turned up empty
•On May 8, Michigan State Police conducted a flyover of an extensive area based on pings to her phone or cell tower data provided

I have just come back to Websleuth's and I am curious to know if there has been any news on Nadine's case? All mention of her is quiet to the public since July. No searches?

Through Google, I saw that a group called Adventures With Purpose had Nadine’s name included along with many other missing persons across the US as ones they will be searching for this Fall. This group has a YouTube channel and they help preserve the environment and recover property through scuba diving. Adventures With Purpose - Solving Cold Cases and Environmental Cleanup

(They were in the news last year as having found through sonar a car with a body inside of a young man in Iowa who had been missing since 2013!) "Adventures With Purpose" team helps find car of missing Iowa man | weareiowa.com

What a fantastic service they do.

So very sad. I get being confused a bit...but so much that she did not notice it was dark out at 230 am? I am 70 and am seldom if ever out at night by myself. I do not see well in the dark now, so am pretty much housebound after dark.

Nadine's car was found in river today with a body inside. Identification is pending.

A vehicle and body were recovered from where the St. Clair and Belle rivers meet in Marine City Saturday afternoon.

A search and rescue team based out of Oregon was searching the river in a previously searched location when they found the vehicle, said St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King. The team notified the sheriff department and the vehicle was recovered.

More at Missing Casco Twp. woman's vehicle found in river

Nadine's car was found in river today with a body inside. Identification is pending.

A vehicle and body were recovered from where the St. Clair and Belle rivers meet in Marine City Saturday afternoon.

A search and rescue team based out of Oregon was searching the river in a previously searched location when they found the vehicle, said St. Clair County Sheriff Mat King. The team notified the sheriff department and the vehicle was recovered.

From your link
The blue Ford recovered from the river appeared to have extensive damage, said St. Clair County Sheriff Dive Team Chief Roger Randall.
—-
sounds as if she had an accident and then entered the water? jmo

Oh, wow, I think this must be the rescue group I just posted about in my prior post. Sad to find her car in the river with presumably her body inside, but kudos to this amazing group for what they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back