Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that's interesting. The way she's holding it is unusual too. Like holding it from underneath. The shape is unusual, almost like one of those hand scrubbing brushes IMO.

Anyone have any guesses as to what it might be based on the shape?

FBI returns to Brian Laundrie's home amid Gabby Petito case

View attachment 314727

I could be way off base but I was thinking that whatever the item is, it’s been placed in an evidence collection tube before being placed in the brown bag. Something like this Arrowhead Forensics Evidence Packaging - Evidence Tubes - Sharps Evidence Collection Tubes - A-1903 - A-1907 - A-1905 - A-1918 Crime Scene - Lab Supplies

It is their fault, this part of it anyway.

If they were confused or flustered by his behavior then they were not in control of the situation and not doing their job. They should be able to assess the situation esp given the info from dispatch and should be trained AND thoughtful about victim behaviors and abuser behaviors as it is often a big part of their job. I feel for them, they must be going thru hell since this all happened. But tgey should be thoughtful, sensitive and careful about DV, imagine the outcome if they had been?
I suspect the outcome would have been exactly the same, if they had.
There is no action, in law that could have kept them apart , except for one being imprisoned.

Pilot here. Descending altitude while tightening the circle around a specific point. Interesting circles indeed.

Is there anything else that stands out to you? I did not think he was here. Especially with 1) the neighbors' account of the camping trip incident on the day GP was reported missing: coupled with the fact that 2) no has come forward to say the saw him return; Brian Laundrie, parents left home with 'attached camper': neighbors
then coupled with 3) the Baker, FL trail cam video.

Now we know that LE conclusively stated that the Baker, FL lead had been thoroughly investigated and that it was not BL. LE went so far as to reveal that they actually located the person whose image was on the cam, and confirmed that he was a resident who was on the trail at the time, and not BL. But, the very strange part about that footage is the backpacks the subject in the footage appears to be carrying. It looks like he is carrying two: one on his back and one at his hip. One appears to be white; the other appears to be dark, maybe camo? Both consistent with packs BL owns as we know from the many publicly released pictures. MOO OCSO Identifies man caught on Florida Panhandle trail camera, not Brian Laundrie
But, maybe it is not a pack at all at his hip? Maybe it's a tent or something else. MOO. And, with LE so highly focused on this area of the reserve I'm now leaning toward them having something more than the parents word that put him there. For days I was thinking they were there checking it to be "completely thorough." Today, not so much. It seems like more. And, if that is true, you would think that the theory that his parents sheltered him away in the camper would collapse. Confusing.

Their lawyer said just the other day, out of the blue, that BL had left his phone & wallet at the house… I’d have thought the FBI would have gotten that on the raid, but was it perhaps not covered by the warrant? Did the parents hold it back? Did LE only found out about these via media the other day? Could that be what they came for??

JMO - he never left it there.

exactly, i dont understand all these posts thinking the officers could have done ANYTHING to stop what happened, these are two adults we are talking about, they are not children that you can make do something,if either of them wanted to leave the other one they could have that very night. Gabby had the van, she could have left that night if she wanted too. have yall ever tried to keep a young girl away from their boyfriend if they werent ready to be away? wasnt gonna happen no matter what they did, they certainly couldnt lock him up for life, Hell his parents are hiding him from the world, they would have certainly gotten him out of jail fast and in a hurry!!!

Given the circumstances of the matter (Gabby now dead probably at the hands of Brian), I understand very well why people would view this encounter as the last opportunity there was to save her life.

Pilot here again. The first repetitive circle was at 1,500 feet (perhaps something much more interesting here… e.g. the intended target of the flight). The later loops were at 3,000 feet (quite a bit high for visual observation… e.g. let’s look around here a bit with a wider view.)
Thank you for the explanation! Very helpful.

re: the item wrapped in brown paper that the FBI retrieved from the Laundrie home:

If it was something they were going to use to match items that would potentially go to trial, wouldn't they have come to pack it up themselves?
And wouldn’t it be in an evidence bag?

""RP (reporting party) states seeing male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on the day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

The dispatch audio, first obtained by the investigative unit at FOX 13 Utah, shows the dispatcher did in fact inform the officers of allegations that Laundrie had been the aggressor – shedding new light on a situation that initially seemed like police didn't know about the witness' claims."

New recordings show police were told Brian Laundrie hit Gabby Petito before pulling van over

Hmm that's interesting. The way she's holding it is unusual too. Like holding it from underneath. The shape is unusual, almost like one of those hand scrubbing brushes IMO.

Anyone have any guesses as to what it might be based on the shape?

FBI returns to Brian Laundrie's home amid Gabby Petito case

View attachment 314727

It's kind of lumpy looking to me like it's a rolled up article of clothing. Maybe a t-shirt. Whatever is in the bag doesn't appear rigid to me, it looks pliable like clothing.

"... <snipped by me>... The issue will be with money. I'm assuming camping out in most of the US in the winter is essentially a death sentence even in a van so he'll need to be somewhere warm to survive the winter or to rent accommodation....

Actually, if he has a car or van, he could live in it in the winter in some states. People do that, especially in the south. If he has gas money to turn on the heat now and then he could do it. But with a vehicle he's only one traffic stop away from being busted. It's not really hiding to be living in a car. IMO

I think his parents are providing him with what he needs to hide indefinitely and yes, they had plenty of time to arrange for all of that between September 1st and whenever he really did disappear.

If BL is really trying to survive in that swampy nature preserve he's not even remotely intelligent, IMO. There are so many other places to hide out. Abandoned buildings, cabins, boats, you name it.

Every time I drive past an abandoned shopping mall, or even just an abandoned large warehouse type building, I can see signs that people are living in there. I would guess that Florida has some of those.

Last edited:
I've given up reading the 500 posts made when I blinked, but I suspect we're all repeating stuff that's already been said.

I don't see Brian killing himself, voluntarily. He may choose death by cop, or kill himself as the net closes in, but is he didn't feel suicide was an option when he allegedly murdered Gabby and dumped her body, then I think he wants to live.

I'm interested in what his longterm plan is.

He had 3 weeks to decide what to do next. 3 weeks with parents who appear to be willing to cover his back and lie to LE and the FBI.

Neighbours saw the Laundries packing up a camper which they then disappeared with for 2 days. Noticeably, they haven't mentioned seeing Brian, there's just an assumption that he went with them.

I'm not sure he made it home. He could have been met by his parents en route and his parents then took the van.

We know the Laundries have extremely questionable behaviour, so maybe they though a weekend away would be a nice break, but I still think it was potentially for two reasons:

1) To dispose of evidence
2) To prepare for Brian's disappearance.

Gabby's family had by then contacted both Brian and his parents about the well-being and whereabouts of Gabby. The Laundries must have realised that LE could visit them regarding this at any time.

He may have still had some clothing that potentially had Gabby's blood on them. There could have been an item used in Gabby's murder. If they got rid of these things close to home, they may have been found, but items disposed of 500 miles away would be very unlikely to have been connected with Brian and Gabby.

I have no idea where they went, but potentially they could have even bought a cheap car or van from Craigslist for Brian. They could have left food/money/disguises/clothing/a burner phone at various places along a pre-determined route. They could even have booked an Airbnb, hostel or campsites at various places ahead of time.

Remember how that photo of someone who looked like Brian in Florida was dismissed most people solely because the man in the photo had a tattooed arm? All he needs is some temporary tattoos and he grow a beard and he could look very different.

I think it's very likely the camper van left the Laundries home packed with camping equipment and came home empty.

Brian's freedom depends on being unseen, but ultimately this level of press and LE interest won't last forever. If he can lay low for a while and he is somewhere that isn't the swamp, he could be on the run for years.

The issue will be with money. I'm assuming camping out in most of the US in the winter is essentially a death sentence even in a van so he'll need to be somewhere warm to survive the winter or to rent accommodation.

His family aren't going to be able to send him money for an undetermined amount of time, as obviously LE will be watching them. Can they even afford to financially support him long term?

LE will be all over their finances, so will be able to see if they've recently withdrawn a lot of money.

Could there be a friend or extended family member who is helping him. If he's camping, he won't need huge amounts of money which can be transferred in a variety of ways.

The big questions are whether he's planning to go off grid until this calms down, or for ever and is he capable of doing this long term? I think it could be yes for both, assuming he can stay safe and well.
<modsnip - removed image due to no url link to source>

Great analysis and insights :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members