UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Newhaven to Dieppe ferry is running its normal summer timetable atm. The first one out on Sunday morning departed at 9.30am, with check-in closing at 8am. Perhaps he thought 3am would be a safe time to go to a home address in Eastbourne to pick up clothes and documents, only to find the police were waiting for him. It's not exactly a high-speed get away, but then neither is a Nissan Micra...
I find it strange that a suspect would come all the way from Eastbourne which takes me back to wondering who Sabina's acquaintances were when she was living in Beds between 2018-20 attending firstly Central Beds College then Bedford Uni. Someone she had met back then could live anywhere in the country. There again it could be a random stranger attack, we just don't know.

The things on her LinkedIn don't necessarily point to anything implicating her family. In the South Asian community (my community, that is), there is a pressure on girls to get married at a certain age and that's general across the community as a whole. I feel it too and I know my parents would like me to get married - I'm the same age as Sabina and I feel like 30 is seen as this big age after which you aren't as 'marrigeable' as you were before. So the pressure is there for sure but my parents would never force me into something I didn't want to do, nor punish me for refusing to get married if I told them that was my choice. Considering Sabina's lifestyle and her family, I think they were very much the same and like most South Asian parents, would like their children to get married at a certain 'good' age and settle down but wouldn't do anything untoward to aggressively make them do that. Yes, there's definitely misogyny in the community when it comes to 'marriageable ages' because the male cut off is far later than the female cut off and that can put an undue amount of pressure on girls. Just because you relate to a sentiment shared by most South Asian girls it doesn't signify that she's from a family that would hurt her or try to punish her for anything.

Oh here we go:

Detectives tailed prime suspect, 36, in murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa, 28, for hours | Daily Mail Online

• It can now be revealed that detectives had been following the man for several hours on Saturday afternoon before arresting him at an address in Eastbourne, East Sussex, at 3am
'In the footage, a balding man is seen clutching a red 'reflective' object before trying to conceal it up his sleeve. Detectives said they were keeping 'an open mind' as to whether it was used to attack Miss Nessa. Police are no longer looking for the man in the footage'.

So the man arrested in Eastbourne is also the CCTV suspect with the red object.

Oh here we go:

Detectives tailed prime suspect, 36, in murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa, 28, for hours | Daily Mail Online

• It can now be revealed that detectives had been following the man for several hours on Saturday afternoon before arresting him at an address in Eastbourne, East Sussex, at 3am
Interesting that the police had been following him for hours on Saturday afternoon, and then was arrested at 3am.
I realize there could be explanations for this, but I wonder if CCTV man could be an Uber driver?

OK, well, I have names and some family connections for all three flats now, which may give us a head start once the POI has been named. I must say there's been far more residential churn for the flats in numbers 10, 12 and 14. Watching with interest.

Check our SN’s YouTube channel, it’s easily found if you haven’t already. She was advertising and letting out rooms a year or two ago by video. In London though if I remember correctly.

The Manse looks quite upmarket and if you click on dates available it is not fully booked up.
Is this near where the subject was arrested. Does it say somewhere that he was staying at a B&B.

No, I haven’t seen that mentioned. I just offered it as part of discussion about the street and type of properties on it.

There's a picture of a Nissan Micra in the Eastbourne police compound that is believed to be 'connected' to the investigation, in this Mail article.
Police arrest man, 36, on suspicion of murdering Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online
Eastbourne Council should have a list of all private hire cars (Someone suggested a Uber driver for the compounded Nissan Micra). You can match number plates on DVLA website to find out colour of cars. Obviously we cannot release any findings on here as may be an innocent persons car but a good sleuthing project.

Last edited:
Interesting that the police had been following him for hours on Saturday afternoon, and then was arrested at 3am.
I realize there could be explanations for this, but I wonder if CCTV man could be an Uber driver?

I’ve never seen any Micras used as Ubers here and a quick look at the eligible vehicles list for London and Eastbourne doesn’t include Micras either. If he is, he doesn’t use that car.

Eligible Cars and Other Vehicles for Driving in Your City | Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member