UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post - forgive any faux pas!

Article in The Times (£) this morning suggests the most recent suspect was “Arrested in a rundown flat between two shops in the centre of the seaside resort” (Eastbourne) whilst the car was recovered “on a residential street on the outskirts of Eastbourne”

I didn’t realise there were two locations, thought it would be useful to share.

Police swoop on third man in hunt for schoolteacher’s killer

Police arrest man, 36, in hunt for Sabina Nessa’s killer | News | The Times

Was he seen carrying her over his shoulder? It’s hard to imagine him risking being seen murdering her in the street and then carrying her to the park. If the red item had been bigger it could have been a tonne bag (commonly used for building sand and other materials). It’s obviously way too small to be a builder’s bag though.

I don’t understand some of the police statements and requests for information in this case. It’s a minor point I mentioned before, but I see they’re now saying the object the CCTV guy is holding is red. It’s always looked distinctly red to me and not orange, so I don’t really get why they put “orange” out there, maybe someone who can’t distinguish colours drafted that appeal (or maybe I am the one with colour blindness!), or they thought the CCTV wasn’t showing colours properly?! It’s very odd.

It makes me wonder about some of the other information we have been given like whether that CCTV is really from before the murder or not.

I continue to hope there will be a murder charge shortly.
If the CCTV was after the murder and the suspect hasn't been eliminated the police may suspect it to be underwear he has taken as a trophy :(

My first post - forgive any faux pas!

Article in The Times (£) this morning suggests the most recent suspect was “Arrested in a rundown flat between two shops in the centre of the seaside resort” (Eastbourne) whilst the car was recovered “on a residential street on the outskirts of Eastbourne”

I didn’t realise there were two locations, thought it would be useful to share.

Police swoop on third man in hunt for schoolteacher’s killer

Police arrest man, 36, in hunt for Sabina Nessa’s killer | News | The Times

Another interesting snippet from this article

"Detectives are understood to have obtained poor-quality CCTV of Nessa and her attacker together."

Sounds like the cctv of her attack is poor

This is very confusing. To go to Kidbrooke Village (or the old Ferrier estate) you would go there specifically for something. You don't go to Kidbrooke Village unless you are going specifically there. The car is located in the Eastbourne area?
This doesn't make sense.
The second arrest. Who was this person? This is so confusing

You cam park in Pegler Square...I think, at the end. Could he have done that and then walked down to where Sabina lived. That makes it seem like he targeted her rather than a random attack.

or he could have been walking through the park looking for a random victim and, when he got to the end by the bridge ,saw Sabina coming out of the apartment building

I'm wondering (and it's pure speculation) if the beard man was homeless, or living in sheltered accommodation of some kind in that area of London. Stole the car and headed back to a town he knows well, where he thinks he can hide. Sounds almost like a squat where he was picked up.

Purely random blitz attack, followed by panic flee and tracked all the way on ANPR/CCTV from the car reg plate.

Completely agree. It‘s not a location to randomly pass through. The attacker must have some connection to the area, either work related or personal.

We now know that his car was in a different location to his hide-out. That clears up my questions from yesterday and IMO means he has no connection to Ditton Rd at all, just parked his car there.

or he could have been walking through the park looking for a random victim and, when he got to the end by the bridge ,saw Sabina coming out of the apartment building

Having seen how close her apartment block is to the entrance of the park I also think this is a possibility

I feel the killer is either an extremely disturbed random killer that just happened to bump into SN as she immediately entered the park

Or a stalker / rejected online contact that somehow knew she was going on a date

I cant decide which I feel more likely..maybe the latter

Detectives tailed prime suspect, 36, in murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa, 28, for hours | Daily Mail Online

It can now be revealed that detectives had been following the man for several hours on Saturday afternoon before arresting him at an address in Eastbourne, East Sussex, at 3am yesterday.

The arrest followed a huge police operation in which the suspect's movements were traced using CCTV and automatic number plate recognition.

It seems a big time gap between Saturday afternoon and 3am Sunday morning. They must have kept the car under surveillance to see if anyone else picked it up or he returned to it to drive elsewhere.

Last edited:
Having seen how close her apartment block is to the entrance of the park I also think this is a possibility

I feel the killer is either an extremely disturbed random killer that just happened to bump into SN as she immediately entered the park

Or a stalker / rejected online contact that somehow knew she was going on a date

I cant decide which I feel more likely..maybe the latter

Right now there is nothing to suggest the likelihood of one over the other. I have gone back and forth between the two scenarios and any new developments change my perception whether this was chanced upon or premeditated.

Completely agree. It‘s not a location to randomly pass through. The attacker must have some connection to the area, either work related or personal.

We now know that his car was in a different location to his hide-out. That clears up my questions from yesterday and IMO means he has no connection to Ditton Rd at all, just parked his car there.

I agree with you about not being an area to randomly pass through.

He does not look to me as though he is dressed for an evening out so not visiting for a night out.

If he worked locally I would have thought he would have been quickly identified. Though with so much building work in the area it is possible for it to take a while for someone to report his i.d.

Another possibility he was in the area for criminal purposes. Perhaps petty thieving or selling drugs.
I imagine amongst all those new flats a number of people would be ordering drugs for a Friday night.

I am veering right away from him knowing Sabina personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member