Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
In most states the first 10 or so feet of your yard abutting a roadway is public property (depending on the width of the road), that's why people can typically park on the road in front of your home and not be considered "trespassing". And no, most news crews don't knock and ask. To ask is to be denied. They just set up and then wait to ask to be removed.
Even if they knocked, I doubt the Laundries would open the door. They have this working in their favor.

This is ridiculous to me. Why would they call 911 because someone knocks on the door? First thought when I read this was they are sure quick to call 911 about meaningless things but they couldn't be bothered to call worried about Gabby or respond to her parents. Really annoying behavior.. JMO
They are determined for sure. They'll never talk, never. They can be pulled into a police station and they won't speak. They can be put on a stand in court and they won't speak. Think about that in the sense of what that behavior had done to Gabby. It really does remind me of the Frazee case. This family has a complete lack of empathy and they raised a beast.

I thought the reserve was closed. How did someone get in and is it not being monitored? That's odd.

They're not sure if anyone's in there. It could have been there for awhile, there's a junk pile next to it. It looked abandoned to me but who knows - it's on the other side of where they were searching.

Is it possible that the Laundries are pursuing a lawsuit against the Petito’s? They could be claiming that the Petitos caused harm by accusing them of covering for their son. It would explain the recent reluctance to comment on certain things by GB’s mom, it could explain the visit with the lawyer in Orlando.. etc. they strike me as the type. Would we find out if they were? This is all just my speculation, I don’t want to start any unfounded rumors!

Do you still think so? Would we have heard by now?

There have been cases where bodies have been found and the public was not informed for weeks. A recent high profile case in Utah was that way. However, the media wasn't camped out watching 24/7. It could be that a body was found where the press wasn't looking.

Imo, the DNA collection yesterday was to have a sample to compare to all other evidence.

Well, I thought they would have already had his DNA just because he was a missing person at first. Usually LE asks for a sample for identification purposes.

But since the FBI went back I'm thinking they obtained a warrant. But yes, it must have something to do with evidence they found and they need a warrant so it will stand up in court. Imo
My thoughts too! Even if they got DNA from parents upon reporting him missing, it wouldn't have followed the proper chain of custody to be allowed in as evidence in a trial, so they had to go get a second sample.
I saw a blip about someone else being there with the FBI. I can't find it now.
A buccal swab can be done in 3 minutes by anyone who has done them umpteen times. Tagged and bagged - out the door.
But did I read they didn't even go inside the house?
Not sure about what went on.
All my opinion only.
MOO

There have been cases where bodies have been found and the public was not informed for weeks. A recent high profile case in Utah was that way. However, the media wasn't camped out watching 24/7. It could be that a body was found where the press wasn't looking.

Imo, the DNA collection yesterday was to have a sample to compare to all other evidence.
I should have noted the site, and I think it was CBS, but when the FBI were questioned as to when they'd release cause of death the response was that this was an ongoing investigation and until someone was charged, they weren't going to release cause of death.

They're not sure if anyone's in there. It could have been there for awhile, there's a junk pile next to it. It looked abandoned to me but who knows - it's on the other side of where they were searching.
probably someones old hunting place....people in florida will put things like that up in the woods so the guys can stay overnight and continue hunting the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member