Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
Broad daylight, with a horde of film crews filming everything. There was no reasonable rationale to be afraid. They probably called to complain of harassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m curious what the FBI has been able to obtain (if any) on the parents. Whether given the OK by the parents or by a judge. I’d imagine the phones would hold some important info. They obviously haven’t hauled the truck away and you’d think that Dodge Ram would hold information in regards to where the camper was taken.

It’s an interesting situation. The FBI comes to assist in finding their missing son at their request. However, it would appear they’re not providing every bit of information they possibly could to assist in the matter. While they absolutely have the legal right to do so, it's certainly an interesting stance to take if they truly want their son to be found.

I think the FBI is playing the dual role of finding BL for fraud and finding BL for Gabby's homicide. They are on the side of Justice and however they obtain it doesn't matter as long as they do it legally. Those 8 hours they spent at this family's home was also spent IMO installing listening devices, surveillance devices, and are now sitting on their home 24/7 to make sure they know the they are there at all times.

BL may have had the assistance of his parents to get started, but they can no longer do that while being watched and followed. Maybe that trip to Orlando was the only way they could safely reach out to their son, but legally the attorney can't condone it in his presence especially with a federal warrant hanging over their child. I feel like so many here do, there is just something wrong with these parent's allowing this nightmare to go on in such a way and using LE when it suits their own needs....

imo

Other campers were surprised that the ranger did not ask them to move, because it was not a camping spot. Bethunes were looking for a spot and left because the camp spots appeared to be full. JMO Back many threads ago, person either knew or looked it up.......camp spots there are numbered.

You're right, Spread Creek is on the restricted list. My bad. Dispersed camping generally allows you to camp beside the road like that, which is why I goofed. Sorry.

Bridger-Teton National Forest - Dispersed Camping Areas (Undeveloped Campground)

- It is my understanding the lawyer from New York represents all three Laundries.

- A 'verified lawyer' stated a few days ago that a 'waiver of conflict' could be signed to represent all three. It's possible BL signed that waiver prior to going to Carlton for a hike.

As an "unverified" lawyer, I can tell you that a conflict waiver can only go so far. It would not permit an attorney to continue to represent two parties if one were actively accusing the other of a Federal crime. At some point, as I said, when the potential conflict becomes an actual conflict, it can't be waived.

Hi everyone, I’m a longtime reader, mostly lurker I’ve seen a few people ask this and I just saw another video of his parents. They sure don’t act like parents super worried about the whereabouts of their “missing” son. I feel like they know where he is or they’re experts at the poker face. If either of my kids were missing I couldn’t hide my distress at all!! I would definitely be freaking out. ‍♀️

Broad daylight, with a horde of film crews filming everything. There was no reasonable rationale to be afraid. They probably called to complain of harassment.

From what I gathered from media reports, BL's parents were calling 911 so police could keep the peace outside as a main reason. It looked like from reporter Brian Entin's coverage, that the police did show up to check things out. I actually was surprised to hear they called 911.

Hi everyone, I’m a longtime reader, mostly lurker I’ve seen a few people ask this and I just saw another video of his parents. They sure don’t act like parents super worried about the whereabouts of their “missing” son. I feel like they know where he is or they’re experts at the poker face. If either of my kids were missing I couldn’t hide my distress at all!! I would definitely be freaking out. ‍♀️
I agree.

The more attention brought to this case, the better. Make sure everyone knows what BL’s face looks like. He can’t hide forever.

I tend to agree on this, but I wouldn't in a more straight-forward case where LE was getting cooperation from the family.

Dawg has a plain sense about him and he does know how fugitives think. A lot of what was on his show ( which I loved, BTW) was a lot of knocking on doors of contacts, family members, and getting cooperation from characters that would never have met with LE or allowed them into their sphere. He got a lot of street credibilty for the positive way apprended people and their families were treated.

If he can get cooperation from someone with information or a lead, he could really help LE and support GP's family. In addition, he could possibly also talk some sense into the Laundrie family. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
As an "unverified" lawyer, I can tell you that a conflict waiver can only go so far. It would not permit an attorney to continue to represent two parties if one were actively accusing the other of a Federal crime. At some point, as I said, when the potential conflict becomes an actual conflict, it can't be waived.
Clearly I need some sleep because my first thought was: As a lawyer who graduated from Google School of Law.... and not someone who actually practices law in real life and just doesn't have the job title under my user name.

From what I gathered from media reports, BL's parents were calling 911 so police could keep the peace outside as a main reason. It looked like from reporter Brian Entin's coverage, that the police did show up to check things out. I actually was surprised to hear they called 911.
sounds like inappropriate use of 911.....which is for emergencies. jmo Are they planning on calling 911 if someone's dog poops in their yard?

Heck if my son or grandson did what BL did left his girlfriend someplace and wouldn’t talk to the parents. You all could record me hitting him,over the head with my purse screaming where is she you little @#$&

I really wish profiling were allowed on WS, but I understand why it isn't as most of us are not professionals. But, some of the news media could do interviews with profilers.

Could help understand what is going on in Brian's head and target where he might have gone...imo

According to JB, the unverified rewards amount to around $170K. The dog man isn't a fool...neither are the thousands of bounty hunter wannabes ready to hit the road looking to bring BL in and make a whopping financial score. Great!
As long as they don't interfere with LE, I'm good with it.

Are you referring to the redacted police reports about the Petito & Laundrie families in the news article linked to in this post by @Keyedin ?

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

(RSBM for focus)

Here's a link to the news article.
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

JMO

Thanks. No. It was a single piece of paper, a spreadsheet that was attached by someone and it had a list of all the times the police had gone to the Laundrie house.

After listening to media reports this morning, mainly on Brian Entin's twitter coverage, the FBI are apparently focussing on a particular area of water in the swampland due to intelligence. But that the search is being hindered by flooding. I do think BL is in that swamp somewhere deceased, and not elsewhere IMO.

They are focusing on more specific areas at the reserve and there have been unverified posts of people in SC AND NC that they are searching along the AT. A lot of experts are suggesting the search move to the AT. Several former CIA and FBI agents have said the AT is a likely hiding spot. Dog the Bounty hunter has also received the most tips along the AT.

Thank you! :D

Thanks. No. It was a single piece of paper, a spreadsheet that was attached by someone and it had a list of all the times the police had gone to the Laundrie house.
I know what you're talking about and it was posted by a source that isn't approved. So far I haven't been able to find that actual record posted on any approved source of media. Right now the only other way I know of actually getting that specific document is to do a FOIA request myself or to ask one of these reporters following the case to verify the authenticity of the document that's floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PammieSueLaw