GUILTY UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

Not even sure why his solicitor said he intends to plead not guilty at this point-until they have presented a full case it is totally pointless. Usually these things are just to confirm the name & address of the accused.

I wonder if he even managed "no comment".
Didnt people say he hardly ever opened his mouth???

The papers seem to be making a big thing of the local shopkeeper saying he would never make conversation, just buy his top-ups and go. But tbh my local shopkeeper would probably say the same about me? And english is my first language. These quotes always make me laugh, like when neighbours say 'they kept themselves to themselves' as if you can infer anything from that other than that they weren't that chatty.

We do not know if he had taken a temporary food delivery job in London. If he had ,it would give him the opportunity to be in the area.
I wonder if the first two arrested were friends or family of his and he was staying with them? He ad not been seen in Eastbourne for a month so must have been staying somewhere. Could easily have picked up casual work as a driver or labourer in the Kidbrooke area? MOO

Here is the link but no e-fit so not sure who said he looked like the CCTV perpetrator.
I deleted the post as unsure if someone was already charged.
Woman raped on Brighton beach
This guy?
Hero nightclub bouncers catch man raping woman on beach

12815956.jpg

Abdenour Ben Ali, of Sheepcote Road, Harrow

The papers seem to be making a big thing of the local shopkeeper saying he would never make conversation, just buy his top-ups and go. But tbh my local shopkeeper would probably say the same about me? And english is my first language. These quotes always make me laugh, like when neighbours say 'they kept themselves to themselves' as if you can infer anything from that other than that they weren't that chatty.

A bit like one of the neighbours mentioning the girlfriend talking to the seagulls when she feeds them, as if that makes her an oddball... I mean I always talk to my dog so I didn't find that so strange!

I'm surprised at the indication that he will go not guilty.. usually they ask for an extension and question them to the maximum time

Afaik, once the threshold has been reached for the police to be able to charge, they can't ask for an extension just for the opportunity to try and get more out of him.

The NG plea is a formality (although that's not to say he mightn't be). All his defence is saying at this stage is, 'Yes, we will be needing some crown court time blocked out for this.' It doesn't necessarily mean that that will be his eventual plea, and doesn't say anything about the nature of his defence if it is.

JMO

Sabina Nessa: Man denies murder of teacher
rbbm.
''A 36-year-old man has denied murdering primary school teacher Sabina Nessa during a three minute magistrates court hearing.

Wearing a blue mask and grey tracksuit, Koci Selamaj spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth at the hearing at Willesden Magistrates’ Court.''
TELEMMGLPICT000272827103_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqzg02rlVpA9y4j0A-ZfHVN0Wy_sGK6oioMu5BzggyGUY.jpeg

''Mr Selamaj, who had thinning hair, spoke clearly as he confirmed his name, his address on Terminus Road, Eastbourne, before stating his May 1985 date of birth.

Miss Umaima Peracha, prosecuting, requested the case be sent to the Old Bailey where Mr Selamaj will be provided with an interpreter, something the court heard he did not require on Tuesday because his “English was sufficient”.

District Judge Denis Brennan remanded Mr Selamaj in custody. He will appear at the Old Bailey in London for a bail hearing on Thursday. Then, he will appear on October 26 for a plea hearing.''

A female neighbour quotes in one of the newspaper reports already shared in here that he was kind and carried her buggy down some stairs and helped with the bins. This shows respect for women. I wonder what evidence they have to charge him with a murder.

A female neighbour quotes in one of the newspaper reports already shared in here that he was kind and carried her buggy down some stairs and helped with the bins. This shows respect for women. I wonder what evidence they have to charge him with a murder.

I disagree, it’s just fostering friendly relations with the neighbours, or just trying to make himself look good.

That really means nothing.
Bit of an extreme example, but, Ted Bundy walked a woman to her car as there was a bad guy out there killing women (him)

A bit like one of the neighbours mentioning the girlfriend talking to the seagulls when she feeds them, as if that makes her an oddball... I mean I always talk to my dog so I didn't find that so strange!

The term they used was that she was a character. I can see that feeding seagulls outside the flat might irritate close neighbours,particularly as there were pictures of people's washing on the balcony above their flat and food could also attract rodents.

I talk to the robins in my garden .

Ex-Domino's delivery driver, 36, arrives at court charged with murdering Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

Looking straight ahead during the brief hearing, Selamaj, who is understood to have been working as a food delivery driver and is originally from Albania, appeared calm as he stood in the glass dock, wearing a grey prison-issue tracksuit and blue facemask.

Accompanied by two guards, he did not remove his mask. He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth during the hearing, which lasted for about two minutes in front of a packed press bench and public gallery.

An interpreter had been on standby for the the three minute hearing, but the court was told his English was good enough to understand the proceedings

I think the court artist pictures show him looking thinner than his photo.

It might be poor reporting ,but it also makes it sound as if he had been recently (not a month ago ) working as a food delivery worker.

Last edited:
I wonder if the first two arrested were friends or family of his and he was staying with them? He ad not been seen in Eastbourne for a month so must have been staying somewhere. Could easily have picked up casual work as a driver or labourer in the Kidbrooke area? MOO

Interesting thoughts about the other 2 men arrested. I had initially thought the men were connected to Sabina,one being the date she was meeting, but if so they would no longer be under investigation.
I do wonder if the men arrested were seen on cctv near to Sabina 's flat at the time of the murder or connected in some way to the silver car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back