Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that. Wondered why she didn't feel comfortable driving it. Wasn't that huge. Or another control element by BL? i.e. "You don't know how to drive this, let me do it."
To me it looks tall/maybe has poor rear visibility. Driving tall vehicles that sway in the wind scares me. It is suprising that she would purchase a vehicle that she wasn't comfortable driving.

There's the rub: He's the only one who knoze, and IMO, he will never tell anyone. Ever. He may well have a poor-me sob story ready. He's had a while to cook up a good one...
Murder is most usually done in private, which means the murderer has the last word on what was going on between him/her and the victim.. Sad to say, they do own the victims last words....they can make up any scenario they like to paint themselves a bit nicer.

If there is a proposition that Brian didn't kill Gabby, he knew she was dead. He knew she wasn't coming back to the van.

Back in the Moab incident, she says, he took the keys, and I had to climb in the window, something like that, and it seems to me he did that a lot. Took the keys and drove off, leaving her to as he puts it 'calm down' ( which in Brian speak means do as I tell you, or else ) .. he said he ' likes to put a bit of distance' between her and him, and he sure did exactly that.

Him driving off and leaving her was probably a pattern of their life, ..he was so casual about saying that, and she , in broad daylight in a public street was so panicked, born of long exposure to him driving off and leaving, that she climbed thru the drivers window.....

How often do you see that on the road? ...

I'm thinking if a gator killed BL wouldn't we at least find a backpack, tent, or some sort of other human debris associated with Brian?

Unlike the crocs we see on NatGeo during the zebra/wildebeest migration, gators are normally better fed and generally shy away from grown humans. Of course they will protect their young and will attack when food source is scarce. There are always exceptions to the rules. Moo jmo
They are not known for consuming back packs are they? I'm asking, not snarking, btw.

Murder is most usually done in private, which means the murderer has the last word on what was going on between him/her and the victim.. Sad to say, they do own the victims last words....they can make up any scenario they like to paint themselves a bit nicer.

If there is a proposition that Brian didn't kill Gabby, he knew she was dead. He knew she wasn't coming back to the van.

Back in the Moab incident, she says, he took the keys, and I had to climb in the window, something like that, and it seems to me he did that a lot. Took the keys and drove off, leaving her to as he puts it 'calm down' ( which in Brian speak means do as I tell you, or else ) .. he said he ' likes to put a bit of distance' between her and him, and he sure did exactly that.

Him driving off and leaving her was probably a pattern of their life, ..he was so casual about saying that, and she , in broad daylight in a public street was so panicked, born of long exposure to him driving off and leaving, that she climbed thru the drivers window.....

How often do you see that on the road? ...
Very important observation.

I remember that. Wondered why she didn't feel comfortable driving it. Wasn't that huge. Or another control element by BL? i.e. "You don't know how to drive this, let me do it."

Or she was so scared of how he was going to act towards her (blame her for the LE interaction, etc.) after he had to stay in hotel that she was just nervous in general and was making excuses as to why LE should let him stay.

Yes, and that would motivate BL to send a false text, to reassure him lest he began to think of calling authorities. It does in fact indicate that the sender was also the killer.
It wouldn't be the first time we've seen this happen in cases. There is a very notable signature in this case. That of (allegedly) creating time delays. Delay in discovering GP was dead, delay in reporting(?) BL had "vanished". Delay, delay, delay.

Just an amateur perception, speculation, and opinion

I think it was a control thing .... He took the wheel. Therefore, we go where I, Brian, say. You navigate, so I can criticize and correct and carp at you all damn day long ....

We don't know for certain if the "Stan" text was sent by BL, but i agree it's suspicious. Speaking of Stan, the text "GP" (or BL) sent to the mother inferred Stan (G'Pa) had been pinging her incessantly. I have to believe that G'Pa's heartstring to GP knew something was wrong....

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've wondered if Stan (granddad) wasn't the one she called while in the cop car in MOAB. I have yet to see who she was talking to, may have missed it, things do move fast here.

Let's assume your son had just told you some version of the truth that he had killed Gabby. Most likely his version involves a scenario of self defense. You know he's in very serious trouble. You've retained a lawyer for him and the lawyer has advised you to say nothing to no one. I'm curious as to what exactly you would say to the frantic parents when you return their call?

Personally, as the mom of 3 grown sons, my 1st call would be to LE and then a lawyer. I darn sure would do whatever it took to alert LE where to find her!!! I can’t imagine any scenario where I could ever just go on as normal while the girls family were frantic and scared and heartbroken and begging for help. Nope.

If it was my son, HE would be the one to return the parents call. HE would have to tell them his side of the story, period.
If the police showed up looking for him, he would be the one saying contact my lawyer, not me! (If he was in my home when they showed up.)
MOO
WOW. I respect your certainty.
Me? I say there but for the grace of god go I.
MOO.

Or she was so scared of how he was going to act towards her (blame her for the LE interaction, etc.) after he had to stay in hotel that she was just nervous in general and was making excuses as to why LE should let him stay.
Yeah, I saw an abused woman blaming herself instead of the abuser for creating the conflict.

To me it looks tall/maybe has poor rear visibility. Driving tall vehicles that sway in the wind scares me. It is suprising that she would purchase a vehicle that she wasn't comfortable driving.

To make this trip as comfortably as possible, they needed to get a fairly large vehicle. I can sympathize because I can’t drive anything bigger than a Dodge caravan comfortably. She was in love with BL and the prospects of this trip and social media a lot it so having BL drive it most all of the time seemed just fine. That’s a part of the tragedy of all of this. So much love, trust, promise at the beginning

You can add that SB stated that he last spoke to BL on the 13th. This is an interesting perspective, thank you. Although I believe that the 15/16 info is incorrect. BE has tweets of the home-mustang gone the 14th, returned the 15th.

Thank you, I added the 13th. This is the timeline “according to SB” though- News interview as follows..

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family’s attorney, told ABC7 that the family went looking for Laundrie on Wednesday and, despite not finding Laundrie, spotted the Ford Mustang he was driving with a police note on it.
Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family’s attorney, told ABC7 that the family went looking for Laundrie on Wednesday and, despite not finding Laundrie, spotted the Ford Mustang he was driving with a police note on it.
Bertolino added that the note said the car needed to be removed from the area.

Laundrie’s family left the car on Wednesday ‘so he could drive it back,’ Bertolino told ABC7.

When Laundrie didn’t return, the family went back to the reserve to retrieve the car on Thursday, Bertolino said.”
A police note was found on Brian Laundrie's car after he disappeared following a hike into a Florida nature preserve, his family says

Gone into hiding? But where?
Bertolino added that the note said the car needed to be removed from the area.

Laundrie’s family left the car on Wednesday ‘so he could drive it back,’ Bertolino told ABC7.

When Laundrie didn’t return, the family went back to the reserve to retrieve the car on Thursday, Bertolino said.

Can I ask a question or two peppered with speculation?

Assuming BL Murdered GP around the 30th.

He decides he is going to make a run for it. Did he think no one would find her or miss her and he would just go on with his life? Was he trying to come up with some sort of way to explain her death? What was in Florida that he needed?

Familiarity?
Family?

If he left his wallet and phone at home, why did he need to come back?

Did he have a bug out set up to grab?

Does he have a system to move around undetected somehow?

He drove through numerous states that had no idea who he was. He could have just vanished as well. So why did he come back? Did he call his parents and they convinced him to come back?

true...if anything she IMO displayed a lack of confidence. Good point.
I don't like driving large vans either. Mostly because I am horrific at parking even a regular and just in general I feel more awkward in traffic or narrow/winding roads. And forget about some of these Colorado mountain roads, or around Lake Tahoe. Definitely not for me, the lack of side rails gives me anxiety. Gabby seems like a person prone to anxiety so I can see her not wanting to drive the van, especially in a strange area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member