Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
7143418 said:
Regarding that photo taken at the campground, the smiles on the Laundries faces just blow me away. Are they just cold hearted f*x or did they really have no clue what happened?

I think those people were camping near them and happened to capture him in their photo. I don't think they are associated with BL or his family.

I’m starting to think there is a real possibility that Brian is dead, and I wonder whether his body will be found. Or if he/his body will never be found and we will never have confirmation about whether he is still on-the-run or has died.

It is a depressing thought. After all of this searching and sleuthing, I will feel really mixed up, sad even, if he is found dead.

And it will be really disappointing if there are no answers provided.

I am also thinking that he is dead. But honestly? I think the FBI will be able to put together a really good picture of what happened to Gabby and they may also be able to pinpoint motive with their collective phone data. I doubt Brian would even speak if he were detained.

ive thought long and hard about the Desoto camping trip and while im still not sure that thats where BL is hiding or even tried to hide i do think that that would be a great place to do away with evidence, like Gabby's cell phone and stuff, how easy to just jump in a canoe and drop a cell phone in the water while your rowing along, i just hope they question someone that saw BL on that trip and they can say weather he had scratches on his face or any defensive marks.
A distant campground would also be a good place to burn evidence (campfire ring) or even throw things away. Parks regularly clean out fire rings and do trash pick-up (unless FL parks are carry-in, carry-out), and everything would likely be long gone before LE would be checking.

Spot on. Bertolino is merely an agent for Mr & Mrs Laundrie. Unless he personally joined the Laundrie family on this curious little trip to Fort De Soto then all he is able to say - and what he actually SHOULD have prefaced his comments with - is "I am instructed by my clients, Mr & Mrs Laundrie, that ...".

No one on site appears to have seen BL during this camping trip and if they did, they don't remember. And why would they? BL had no public profile at that time & he is not exactly 'memorable' to look at otherwise. I imagine however that if he was with his parents at Fort De Soto, he probably did not play frisbee & frolic around the campsite. One might expect that he probably spent most/all of that time inside the camper locked in a state of panic and wondering whether this was all just a bad dream...which would also explain why nobody at the site, staff or campers, seem to have eyeballed him.

It's also not out of the realms of possibilities that BL did NOT accompany the parents on this trip. He may have already hit the bricks by Sep 6. This camping trip, whether by design or not, may yet prove to have been another rabbit for LE to chase while BL slips further & further into the ether...
I think the neighbor saw him leave with them, but with no verified sightings, that may be the last time anyone saw him. jmo Or maybe the neighbor just assumed that he went with his parents...dunno...jmo

Regarding that photo taken at the campground, the smiles on the Laundries faces just blow me away. Are they just cold hearted f*x or did they really have no clue what happened?
The people in the photo are the people that stayed in the campground next to the Laundries. The reason for the photo is the figure in the background which could be Brian.
Spot on. Bertolino is merely an agent for Mr & Mrs Laundrie. Unless he personally joined the Laundrie family on this curious little trip to Fort De Soto then all he is able to say - and what he actually SHOULD have prefaced his comments with - is "I am instructed by my clients, Mr & Mrs Laundrie, that ...".

No one on site appears to have seen BL during this camping trip and if they did, they don't remember. And why would they? BL had no public profile at that time & he is not exactly 'memorable' to look at otherwise. I imagine however that if he was with his parents at Fort De Soto, he probably did not play frisbee & frolic around the campsite. One might expect that he probably spent most/all of that time inside the camper locked in a state of panic and wondering whether this was all just a bad dream...which would also explain why nobody at the site, staff or campers, seem to have eyeballed him.

It's also not out of the realms of possibilities that BL did NOT accompany the parents on this trip. He may have already hit the bricks by Sep 6. This camping trip, whether by design or not, may yet prove to have been another rabbit for LE to chase while BL slips further & further into the ether...
I also think the family was out of sight in case Gabby was found during that time. From all the appearances, it seems they had booked a getaway for the 1st of September while Gabby and Brian were on the road. When Brian came home, they cancelled the trip on the 1st and set up another trip on the 6th. I'm going to guess by then they had gotten a lawyer and were preparing for the next steps. Remember the Petitos and Schmidts were calling them wondering where Gabby and Brian were so they may have worried that JP would show up at their door, so they took off for a few days to make plans outside of any prying eyes.

I’m starting to think there is a real possibility that Brian is dead, and I wonder whether his body will be found. Or if he/his body will never be found and we will never have confirmation about whether he is still on-the-run or has died.

It is a depressing thought. After all of this searching and sleuthing, I will feel really mixed up, sad even, if he is found dead.

And it will be really disappointing if there are no answers provided, ever, or for a long time. No answers about Gabby’s death. And no answers about what happened to Brian, (or what he happened to…) either.

Feeling really mixed emotions this morning. These cases can get to you.
IMO if Brian was going to do that I would think he would have before ever coming home or whenever he it was that he actually left his family... IMO it's more likely he would do that if they get close to catching him

I saw reported just over 1,000 completed this year with a little more to come. I don't remember the number of registered starts but the 33% completion sounds a little high but within reason.

It is no small task but it is not unsupported survival either.
I happen to think that there are many unregistered hikers that give up. I actually read about a hiker that gave up on the trail to the start of the AT.

Feeling really mixed emotions this morning. These cases can get to you.

On this note, I am reminding myself, and want to remind you, too:

Take breaks. Take some time away from your computer/phone as needed (and before needed!). Your mental health is important. These cases can get heavy, and this one is particularly brain-jumbling. Take care of yourself.

“If you need a sign, this is it” ❤️

A distant campground would also be a good place to burn evidence (campfire ring) or even throw things away. Parks regularly clean out fire rings and do trash pick-up (unless FL parks are carry-in, carry-out), and everything would likely be long gone before LE would be checking.
Makes a lot of sense. Even just using the trash cans to dispose of evidence.

I am also thinking that he is dead. But honestly? I think the FBI will be able to put together a really good picture of what happened to Gabby and they may also be able to pinpoint motive with their collective phone data. I doubt Brian would even speak if he were detained.

I am thinking that he is no longer alive also. And nothing is ever going to bring Gabby back. So, if he is no longer alive I would think that Gabby's family will be able to reconcile themselves with that fact.

And, quite honestly, all that really matters is how Gabby's family feel. What they need to resume some semblance of normal life. If he is alive, I would think they would want him to serve a life sentence. If he is deceased, there is nothing more that can be done to him.

imo

I've watched much of the Moab video, but not all. Did LE search the van?

I do not recall seeing them do so, but as the bodycams were switching from officer to officer, it may have been one LE officer searching whilst we were seeing the bodycam footage of another officer talking to Gabby in the back of the police car.

MOO
I was under the impression the entirety of the body cam footage released was from the camera Officer Robbins was wearing the entire time.

Is there another video out there for public viewing?

Apologies, I should have made it clearer. I was meaning that it's possible one of the officers searched inside the van whilst we were only seeing what was shown with one officer's bodycam footage.

As someone else pointed out though, they likely had no probable cause to search inside.

MOO

Unless Brian is found, his parents are arrested, or a piece of evidence is found I can't see any major news that is going to occur. The sadder part is, the longer it takes, the less likely it will happen. JMHO.

Sorry, not to be a Debbie downer.

Not the Laundries. Just a family who happened to be camping beside them in the park. It's all explained further up the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63