Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad truth is that there are TONS of large forested areas within a very easy drive of where the Laundries live, and with BL's parents providing misdirection at every turn, there's no way to know where he really is. If they are supplying him with funds somehow under the table, he could be anywhere -- even coming out of hiding periodically to shop for food in a store wearing a hat and face mask with no one the wiser Walmart and other big box retailers have self checkout cash registers, so he wouldn't even have to interact with a human who might spot his tats (which he could cover up with bandaids or whatever anyway).

I'm exhausted, and I'm not even out there pounding the pavement for this search like LE and people like Dog. The longer this goes on, the less hope I have that he'll be found.
Agreed. It’s really disheartening at this juncture.

I wonder if his parents actually told the truth and Brian did go to Carlton Reserve, there is hiking thru to the Myakka River State Park. I know that some trail were flooded, so maybe it wasn't possible. I'm sure LE has that avenue covered, but just speculation on where B might be. Maybe he is closer then people think. IMHO.

Yesterday Pinellas was saying to direct all questions to the FBI but today they are answering? I realize it's fluid and the massive numbers of journalists interested in this case is probably overwhelming but they gotta stay on the same page day to day.
I have been wondering about that. Like was that an internal decision yesterday to have everyone direct questions to authorities? Or had the authorities already been out there? Hmmm…

can you say why it doesn't fit in the timeline?

Looks to me like it does. They were around that area at around that time.

I can't find a reason that it doesn't, and the witness and his friends say 100% it was him. (2 of them are Dr's. Well educated)
"Around" is a relative term. Close enough to get there in the time frame but still a couple hours away IIRC. Awful long drive to go to a bar. She was confirmed alive after this.

For those of you thinking there's a Mexican connection to BL's disappearance - I immediately thought about Christian Longo who murdered his family , then took off for Mexico. After following his use of stolen credit cards, LE placed him in Mexico. According to the narrative, its not as easy to disappear in Mexico as you might think. Most American ex-pat's seem to be located in the area of Cancun where they can meet, greet, compare notes and speak their own language. Tons of tourists are aware of this case and Mexican LE will be notified at the border and beyond.

Longo opted for staying at tourist hostels, then immediately found a female to shack up with. All along his route, he was spotted by Americans who quickly notified Mexican LE who immediately notified the FBI. Shortly afterward, Mexican LE and the FBI caught him inflagrante with his female companion and took him into custody for extradition.

BL has achieved the kind of fame nobody wants AND there's a reward attached to his butt. He's got the locals, LE, criminals and members of drug cartels interested in making a financial killing on him. So, Mexico isn't a slam dunk for BL.
MOO

Ah, but don't underestimate the people along the Appalachian trail! Big game hunting season starts in October, and they will be out and about in full force. Then, with the incentive of a hefty reward, you can be assured they will be looking for BL. I really do hope he turns himself in, as I think whatever is encountered on the trail won't be good. (It that's where he is).

Amateur opinion and speculation
BBM. Do you think there’s a chance that he and/or his parents will get worn out with all of it, to the point where he will actually turn himself in?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...bounty-hunter-appalachian-trail-sightings.amp

Investigators working with Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman are honing in on portions of the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina as they continue their search for Brian Laundrie, who is wanted on bank fraud charges after his fiancée, Gabby Petito, was found dead in Wyoming.

As the manhunt for Laundrie forges on, people have claimed to have seen the 23-year-old avid hiker in Watauga County, North Carolina, according to multiple reports. Users in a private Facebook page, Appalachian Classifieds, described how people were "reporting seeing Brian Laundrie in Boone, NC," according to the Watauga Democrat.

The Watauga County Sheriff’s Office told local affiliate FOX 46, "We were looking into these claims, but nothing has been verified." The sheriff's office did not immediately respond to Fox News' request seeking confirmation.

BL is the most wanted bank fraud fugitive in the world.

can you say why it doesn't fit in the timeline?

Looks to me like it does. They were around that area at around that time.

I can't find a reason that it doesn't, and the witness and his friends say 100% it was him. (2 of them are Dr's. Well educated)
If this was the August 30 sighting, then it would have been hard to have the van in Florida on Sept 1 around 10.30 am. It depends when that sighting was and if he slept at all on the way to Florida.

Also, West Yellowstone is pretty much out of the way from the other sightings and not on the way to Florida. BL would have needed to backtrack through the park to go to Florida. It is still possible, but I am also questioning that sighting or the day at least. If BL drove the van home.

Last edited:
I'm sure there is NO chance of this, but just asking out loud - is there any possibility he's still in his parents' house, like, under a floor board or in a space above a closet? Dumb question, I guess. I just keep seeing the movie "Bad Ronald" in my mind.

In reading the opening post of where we are at. Can someone please clue me in on who JF is?

AUG 10: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his girlfriend then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.

I'm sure there is NO chance of this, but just asking out loud - is there any possibility he's still in his parents' house, like, under a floor board or in a space above a closet? Dumb question, I guess. I just keep seeing the movie "Bad Ronald" in my mind.
I guess it’s possible, but not very likely after the searches.

What’s more likely is that they holed him up in some property family or friends are somehow connected to. (Perhaps a basement of an isolated weekend home of someone’s, etc.)

But theirs didn't have a slide on back or anything, right? They look completely different from the back, unless the blurry Twitter pic is just throwing me.

Those are stairs. Old people need them to get into those campers. Here's a link to a wide variety that are available from one source:

folding camper steps | etrailer.com

this one looks similar to the one in the blurry photo
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camper-Steps/Stromberg-Carlson/EHS-102-R-HR.html

I wonder if any searches are happening in the local dumps/landfills.

It always shocks me how organized those places are. They know what pile of garbage came from what street on what day.

They could be searching North Port and in the Fort Desoto area landfills for evidence disposed of by BL or his parents.

MOO

I disagree unless there is some electronic tracking of garbage at dumps now. We accidentally disposed of something in a unique colored garbage bag and went to the dump immediately to try to recover it. We were told that it was impossible.

The dump informed us that the township once disposed of a heavy metal bell from a bell tower (100+ pounds). It was historic and valuable. The township shut down the dump for a week and searched with metal detectors. They could not find it!

Last night my neighbor and I were talking about the protesters on the Laundrie's street. On our street we have couples who have lived here since the homes were built, 1969. On our street we have young couples with small children, we have teenagers, we even have a home with 6 college students who work and go to school. On our street children can play in the street. We talked about what we would do if there were protesters in front of our homes. And then from there we went to talking about which one of our neighbor's would be the "laundries". We both decided it was the family that moved out last year, in the middle of the night. We honestly don't know what we would do. Wasn't it the Anthony's who turned on their sprinklers in their front yard. I wonder why the Laundries don't just get in their car and leave?

Doubtful. You don't evade the FBI this long without knowing a little bit. The house has already been searched and we can expect more to come eventually. It would be a poor choice.

BBM. Do you think there’s a chance that he and/or his parents will get worn out with all of it, to the point where he will actually turn himself in?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he feels like he is going to be incarcerated for one reason or another. Not being able to commune with nature, I feel, would be like death to him. JMO based on the photos and comments he has posted.

MOO: I believe his parents want him to be found or for him to turn self in. They reported him missing in a way that opened up their home and private electronics and documents to LE. Had they remained silent about his disappearance, LE likely would not have known he was gone until they came with that arrest warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon