Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Do you think there’s a chance that he and/or his parents will get worn out with all of it, to the point where he will actually turn himself in?
I watched a panel discuss this case; one of the panelists was Elizabeth Vargas. She was asked essentially the same question and flatly said "I don't know". She gave a few examples of cases where you would have thought the Perp would have surrendered, and other cases where she was shocked that they did so readily. In other words, you can't call these. If behavior leading up to this point is any indication, then no. From the armchair perspective, he has done little (if nothing), with Gabby's or his own family members in mind.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm sure there is NO chance of this, but just asking out loud - is there any possibility he's still in his parents' house, like, under a floor board or in a space above a closet? Dumb question, I guess. I just keep seeing the movie "Bad Ronald" in my mind.
Doubtful. You don't evade the FBI this long without knowing a little bit. The house has already been searched and we can expect more to come eventually. It would be a poor choice.
Those are stairs. Old people need them to get into those campers. Here's a link to a wide variety that are available from one source:

folding camper steps | etrailer.com

this one looks similar to the one in the blurry photo
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camper-Steps/Stromberg-Carlson/EHS-102-R-HR.html
I recognize the steps. They're similar to the ones we have. I'll try not to take the "old people" thing personally. Ha! I think the Twitter pic is just throwing me. I'm going back and forth about which angle we're seeing because of the door.
I've seen the article that they have a "new" camper. Do we have anything credible about whether there was an "old" camper?

From all that I have read about the Reserve and about the DeSoto campsite, the Reserve is a gauntlet to run. It’s miserable to search. The rains have made it even worse. The DeSoto campsite, much more civilized.

It is possible that some signs of someone in the Reserve were found. Not a place anyone would want to be during this time unless hiding out. LE isn’t likely to share such info
Right, I keep thinking that there has to be some information that’s driving them to continue on and on, after it was said a week ago that the search had been exhausted.

I watched a panel discuss this case; one of the panelists was Elizabeth Vargas. She was asked essentially the same question and flatly said "I don't know". She gave a few examples of cases where you would have thought the Perp would have surrendered, and other cases where she was shocked that they did so readily. In other words, you can't call these. If behavior leading up to this point is any indication, then no. From the armchair perspective, he has done little (if nothing), with Gabby's or his own family members in mind.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Thanks. Yes, we can’t really know.

Honestly, I wonder how sure his neighbor can be on this in hindsight. At the time it wasn’t known that seeing him was noteworthy, it wasn’t until after he was gone that anyone started caring. So how can she be so sure she saw him that day vs any other day. If I go
ask my neighbors today if they put their yard debris cans out last week or this week, half would get it wrong.
The only way is if she was doing something special that day, so clearly remembered the date.

Yeah I never saw any confirmation of that - didn’t know about the TikTok user. However, speaking of Brian’s Instagram account, can anyone confirm that the amount of people he follows on Instagram seems to have fluctuated? He follows meaning that only him or someone with access to his account can control that number. Kinda similar to the Spotify situation with changing names of Playlists. Very interesting to consider, if confirmed. I’ve done a little digging, but I’m at work at the moment & can’t do a deep dive haha! I was just wondering if anyone has 100% confirmed that or not. I have seen screenshots, but you know what they say about Twitter & their screenshots haha.
Instagram follows can fluctuate due to requests to follow that are accepted weeks/months later, as well as accounts that may decide to block someone - in which case the follow disappears. I wouldn't make too much of the fluctuation there. IMO

Instagram follows can fluctuate due to requests to follow that are accepted weeks/months later, as well as accounts that may decide to block someone - in which case the follow disappears. I wouldn't make too much of the fluctuation there. IMO
From what I have seen every time I check his IG it has stayed at 40 following

Instead of going north to AT, think he circled back closer to home thinking he could get help from mom and dad and surprised by all the commotion around and went near swamp again? I find it wierd that swamp area water still searched. But there has to be a reason.JMOO

Doubtful. You don't evade the FBI this long without knowing a little bit. The house has already been searched and we can expect more to come eventually. It would be a poor choice.

While I agree in principal, the two young men who shot 3 people in northern BC mainly avoided the RCMP by pure dumb luck more than cunning and skill.

His hitchhiking didn't make sense either, and didn't fit into some people's timeline either...until it did...

As I saw it, it was 5 hours away from where she was found. No other sightings tho around that specific time of them being anywhere else, and not an impossible drive to the Piglet's restaurant or where Gabbie was found.

It might be a good idea to put the encounter on the timeline and then specifically prove how this cannot possibly happen.

I think when you have 4 (very well educated) people 100% positive it was him, it is not a good idea to discount what they witnessed.

She was seen alive after the moose bar encounter. That doesn't mean he wasn't seen by himself in the bar. Maybe she just broke it off with him. Who knows?

Moose Bar fits in this WSleuths timeline perfectly:

AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

Aug 26 -

Jessica Schultz told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw BL in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near the park on August 26. She said she was driving behind BL while he was in the couple's white van alone, before he parked it on the side of the road.

Aug 27-Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated BL began arguing with a waitress.

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

I'm sure there is NO chance of this, but just asking out loud - is there any possibility he's still in his parents' house, like, under a floor board or in a space above a closet? Dumb question, I guess. I just keep seeing the movie "Bad Ronald" in my mind.
I think ALL questions are worth asking at this point, honestly, regardless of how absurd.

And maybe they do have a hidey-hole somewhere. Not likely under floor boards since I think the house is on a slab. But I can imagine something creative, even with that as a barrier.

I can imagine Brian guilty, though, it my least favorite result, ONLY out of wanting to restore the public's faith in GABBY'S choice for a partner in life. So that when I do finally choose to go through all of her posts, I can do it with a wide open heart and not feel pain when seeing Brian. And, of course, for the families involved.

I can imagine Brian guilty of this. This is harder FOR ME to lean into this because it means they both made terrible choices. Her to stay with him and his decision to kill her. I can easily accept the ups and downs of young love, but if he is guilty, well, I have kids....and geez, getting their driver's licenses included plenty enough anxiety.

I can imagine a third party being involved, mainly because we can't yet rule that out and it maintains the picture SHE wanted to project to the world about herself, Brian and their adventure/relationship.

Such a strange case. And yes, these are only my opinions. Many paths without more facts. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox