AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the latest live report from Brian Entin, a Florida reporter covering the Gabby Petito case.

He's part of a network called News Nation Now, and one thing that's come out of their Gabby Petito coverage is establishment of a feature called "Missing in America" where they focus on missing person stories that aren't getting enough broad media coverage.

He says it starts tonight with coverage about Daniel Robinson!

'Missing in America': NewsNation's new series

Not a problem, would love to head out again with some experienced off road riders. I am new to off road riding on a motorcycle and going out there was pretty intimidating to say the least, i wanted to cover more area down the ravine into the hassayampa river but the risks are too high for solo riding in that type of environment. If i was ready for an overnight stay i most likely would of rode down that way o_O

i don't know about cows walking such trails up and down ravines like that but could be. If someone has knowledge about it please let us know.
I just did. They go down to get under the shade of the Mesquites.

Please note: My recent posts containing articles that express Daniel’s family’s opinions and perspective on how LE is handling the case does not necessarily mean I feel the same way. I’m merely posting links and information that has recently been shared in msm.

Dad of Missing Black Geologist Slams ‘Nonchalant’ Cops’ Handling of His Son’s Case

Over the last three months, David Robinson has launched his own search efforts for his son, traveling to Arizona from his home in South Carolina and even hiring a private investigator to help.

He said he first called the police about Daniel’s disappearance on June 23 and was told he had to wait 72 hours before officially filing a missing person report. He believes that because of that, the police lost critical time to find his son.

“It took three days until they started the search,” he told The Daily Beast.

At first, Robinson was hopeful they were doing all they could to find Daniel, as an officer with the department told him they were going to use a helicopter to search the area.

“He had gone out and searched the area. ...They were going to try and get a helicopter out there in the morning,” David Robinson said.

But the next morning, the officer called him back and told him the flight was canceled, he said.

….

Robinson has conducted over seven weeks of independent searches with the help of volunteers from all over Arizona, cadaver dogs, and drones. He’s launched social media campaigns and worked with the private investigator to try and find a trace of his missing son.

Jeff McGrath, the private investigator that Robinson hired, said he doesn’t rule out foul play in the crash of Daniel’s Jeep, as he believes there’s evidence the car was pushed into the ravine. McGrath also said he found one of Daniel’s socks three miles from where the vehicle was recovered.

Police, on the other hand, say that Daniel’s vehicle appeared to have rolled off the side of a cliff and have ruled out foul play based on the conditions of the vehicle after being found.

….

According to the released missing persons report:
•54 pages long
•notes that cops made efforts to locate Daniel on June 23, 24, and 25
•co-worker told authorities that he was behaving oddly the day that he went missing and that he was only at the worksite for around 15 minutes before leaving
•primary investigator on the case spoke with family members, other coworkers, and friends about his whereabouts
•Because large rainstorms had occurred in the area, police said they may have washed away vehicle tracks
•The detective also determined that Daniel had not spent a lengthy amount of time in the car after it had crashed

NOTE:

The report states LE searched on 23-25…BUT Daniel’s dad stated in the article that LE made him wait 72 hrs before even filing the report. Which one is it???

Missing Arizona geologist's dad pleads for safe return: 'I will continue to fight for him'

David Robinson told Fox News he would speak with his son for a couple of hours every time they would talk before he went missing. The son is optimistic about life, the dad said, and they were planning for the family to visit Daniel in Arizona.

The last contact the father had with his son was two days before he disappeared.

…..

Last Thursday afternoon, the Buckeye Police Department, in the interest of transparency, released a portion of the police report previously provided to the Robinson family.

The police report is not complete, the department said, noting the case remains open and active.

Private investigator Jeff McGrath, pictured, was hired by the Robinson family.ABC
JeffMcGrath-hy-abc-092921_1632937054313_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

A closer look at the damage done to Daniel’s Jeep.

Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son

What do we know about the picture of a jeep renegade in a road ...is it the last photo of Daniels car spotted?...if so any information where?

What about the Buckeye PD picture showing where they found the jeep, What do we know about the trail on the bottom left of the picture that leads to the jeep? (pretty profound marks)
Lower left is a "hill climb" that just kinda circles at the top. My original guess is that he came up that way. But the tracks are from the opposite direction to the crash site. LE used that route to get up a tow truck up there to get the vehicle out along with other vehicles (crime scene tape marked key turns from the tracks to the west. see my map for what appears to be there route OUT based o left over yellow tape).

A timeline of the disappearance of Daniel Robinson, a 24-year-old geologist in Arizona

June 23, around 9am
•Daniel arrived at the job site to meet with Kenneth (assuming Ken Elliot)
•According to Kenneth, Daniel was acting strange and saying things that did not make sense, like asking Kenneth if he wanted to go home to Phoenix to rest.
•15 mins later, Daniel waved goodbye & left abruptly
•Kenneth contacted Steve, the project manager, who said no one from the company had heard from or seen Robinson throughout the day.

Around 3 p.m.
•Kenneth was made aware that Robinson had not been located and was not responding to texts and calls from work and family.
•Ken started to look for Robinson in the desert.
•Ken followed Robinson’s tire tracks heading west into the desert

June 24
•LE instructed Daniel’s dad to check his son's social media pages
•the dad confirmed to police that all of the photos on his son's Instagram had been deleted since his disappearance.

July 19
•his Jeep was found in a ravine about 4 miles from where he was last seen

….
Other key info to note from article:
•multiple of Robinson's friends and family members, and a waitress at a Waffle House he visited two days before he disappeared, reported odd behavior leading up to his disappearance.
•On the same day, he had texted his sister that he had an emergency but neglected to answer any of her calls in response
•Robinson's sister also said one time he went over to her apartment and sat in silence for 30 minutes before getting up and leaving.

•His dad told police that in the weeks leading up to his disappearance, Robinson had told him that he met a woman and was in love with her.
•His dad found this strange since his son "didn't appear to know anything about the woman."
•A co-worker told police that Robinson had mentioned something about a girl, specifically about wanting a woman he liked and couldn't have, but overall wasn't making sense when talking about her.

•Robinson had made contact with a woman prior to his disappearance, according to a police report.
•he was her Instacart delivery person, and she invited him into her home when he arrived with her delivery because he seemed friendly, she told police.
•After exchanging phone numbers, Robinson showed up at her home unannounced a few times. He then told her he loved her, according to the police report.
•She asked him to stop contacting her and he didn't again.

Reading @mlhenn timeline and the information about Daniel’s behavior leading up to his disappearance I am beginning to think he had a medical or mental episode. Maybe Daniel was driving erratically and crashed, was able to restart the car and then drive to where it crashed in the ravine. It is not unheard of for injured people to undress and wander off. The photos posted here, the area looks so vast. Maybe Daniel is out there and just needs to be found and brought back to his family so they can give him a proper burial. It is so sad for him, his family. @JJ Ray and @o O are there areas he could be hidden?
If only LE would have searched sooner.
MOO JMO

SBM
[QUOTE/] The report states LE searched on 23-25…BUT Daniel’s dad stated in the article that LE made him wait 72 hrs before even filing the report. Which one is it???
[/QUOTE]
In previous reporting Mr. Robinson said, I waited 12 hours to file. I asked for a helicopter search on the 24th. It did not occur until the 25th. (see podcast of AZ FAMILY True Crime)
In ABC Nightline piece
Father takes search into his own hands, says police haven't done enough for his missing Black son
Buckeye sent to officers to drive the roads on the 24th to no avail.
As the reporting gets broader, so do the brush strokes.

Last edited:
Reading @mlhenn timeline and the information about Daniel’s behavior leading up to his disappearance I am beginning to think he had a medical or mental episode. Maybe Daniel was driving erratically and crashed, was able to restart the car and the drive to where it crashed in the ravine. It is not unheard of for injured people to undress and wonder off. The photos posted here, the area looks so vast. Maybe Daniel is out there and just needs to be found and brought back to his family so they can give him a proper burial. It is so sad for him, his family. @JJ Ray and @o O are there areas he could be hidden?
If only LE would have searched sooner.
MOO JMO
There is an old mine that is sealed up about 12 feet in. He obviously wasn't there. All structures to my knowledge have been searched, either by LE or on our ground searches.

The report states LE searched on 23-25…BUT Daniel’s dad stated in the article that LE made him wait 72 hrs before even filing the report. Which one is it???
In previous reporting Mr. Robinson said, I waited 12 hours to file. I asked for a helicopter search on the 24th. It did not occur until the 25th. (see podcast of AZ FAMILY True Crime)
In ABC Nightline piece
Buckeye sent to officers to drive the roads on the 24th to no avail.
As the reporting gets broader, so do the brush strokes.[/QUOTE]

Driving roads to me does not seem like it would be a good search. In the photos, I do not see any roads. It looks like miles of sand, gravel, rocks and some vegetation.

Would the black box have told the time between the initial crash and the final rollover crash? I'm wondering if the initial accident happened at 1pm, and the reason LE didn't find the car during their initial search was because the car wasn't in the ravine at that time.

Daniel Robinson: Why his father is 'on a mission' in Arizona

Latest Article; Sept 29
(
New Information)

The terrain around Buckeye where Daniel Robinson’s vehicle was found is remote and treacherous.

And whether Daniel Robinson was even in the vehicle when it crashed is now being questioned.

The Robinson family hired Jeff McGrath, of 3Laws Recon Investigations, to look into the case.

“I don’t think Danny was in that vehicle,” the investigator said.

McGrath pointed out that “the vehicle had 11 additional miles on it from when the airbags deployed. It had 46 additional ignition cycles on it after the airbags deployed.”

McGrath also noted red paint had transferred onto the right side of the jeep.

“There’s no red paint in this area,” he said as he gestured to the vast desert. “That’s why I’m saying the vehicle did not crash here. The vehicle, its last place of rest was here, but something was going on with that vehicle.”

McGrath told “NewsNation Prime” on Wednesday that police turned all the evidence they collected over to him since they did not have enough to prove a crime happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member