Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. Can't think of any other reason these days between Zoom and docusign, unless his office is really unsophisticated. All law offices had to figure out a way to work around restrictions, even in Florida and states like mine that haven't been nearly as strict about it, or for as long.

Her body had been found. What they needed to say to their lawyer had to be said in person. I don’t think the house was bugged but I definitely think their phone lines had been tapped. So they weren’t going to say anything incriminating over the phone. They know things. How much? We don’t know but…since the day BL was reported to be home (September 1st), they have done absolutely zero to help. They have even done things that make you question whether they are deliberately trying to hinder this case. This whole situation is insane.

It's not costing him much to be where he is, if his parents can visit him in their camper.
Even in Mexico he still has to have money. If he's using their credit card, I guess forever. And I surely don't see him flippin' burgers for a livin' down there. Hmmm, Mexico -- it doesn't seem to me to be his kind of place, but beggars can't be choosers & all that. Mexico is a bit far for mom & dad to visit... Hope he doesn't get sick or break a bone, etc.
Nope, I just can't see it. JMO.

Mexico or South/Central America would be far more dangerous than here. If he went there (which I have no belief he did) it was a major tactical error as events have transpired. There is a price on his head via reward or ransom and he would stick out like a sore thumb. The cartels or rebels would enjoy torturing his confession or story out of him and let it be known even if ransom was to be paid. There is honor among the fringe.

It's remarkable when compared to most situations like this, yet par for the course in this particular case.

They've protected him since day one, and I'm wondering if they are hoping for the third, yet impossible scenario:

That their son remain free forever.
Agree, they have remained consistently silent. On the 11th their reaction was not to help find Gabby but to hand LE their attorney card. I think they were hoping her remains would never be found. Ironically, their son would be in a far better position if they had gone with their attorney and cooperated. They might have a son that is still living assuming he has harmed himself.

I have a strong suspicion that BL did tell his parents some version of the truth when he arrived home. Unfortunately, by then he had already botched any hope of cover-up. What he should have done is packed his personal belongings in a backpack, left the van where it was, hitchhike to the airport and had mommy buy him a flight back to Florida. (What he should have done, obviously, is called the authorities and reported Gabby's death, but you know what I mean).

That would have at least given him a measure of plausible deniability - he got fed up with the whole road trip, packed his things and went home. What happened to Gabby after he left, he has no idea. He ruined any chance of that defense when he impulsively took the van and drove it to Florida.

That left the parents 3 options that I can see: (1) Call the police as soon as BL told them what happened to Gabby; (2) Immediately help BL flee the state/country; or (3) Do what they did. Lay low. Act dumb. Don't talk to the police. Avoid Gabby's parents as long as possible. Hope Gabby's body was never found.

Problem is, BL had already botched this thing from the beginning. While they knew Gabby's parents would report her missing at some point, BL really left them nothing to work with except complete stonewalling or outright flight, hope the body is not discovered and hope LE doesn't ever find enough to tie BL to the crime.

I don't think BL's parents knew he was going to flee, though. They probably discussed the option and decided to go with the lay low and lawyer up option instead. I honestly think his mother wanted to shield him safe at home under her own roof as long as she could. I doubt she wanted her baby boy alone in the world trying to outrun LE forever. I also think it's possible that BL told his mother the truth, but BL and mom kept it from the father and he may still have no actual idea what is going on.

MOO - My 2 cents.
I agree, but go back and forth about whether they knew before he drove back or not.

It's remarkable when compared to most situations like this, yet par for the course in this particular case.

They've protected him since day one, and I'm wondering if they are hoping for the third, yet impossible scenario:

That their son remain free forever.
Agree, they have remained consistently silent. On the 11th their reaction was not to help find Gabby but to hand LE their attorney card. I think they were hoping her remains would never be found. Ironically, their son would be in a far better position if they had gone with their attorney and cooperated. They might have a son that is still living assuming he has harmed himself.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

MOO
1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? Yes
2) When ? On the evening of August 27 following the argument at the restaurant.
3) Why ? Due to the disagreement at the restaurant and GP not being "supportive" of BL.
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her? I think they walked away from the van and were sitting by the fire. Among other things that he was upset about, he was extremely upset with GP for not supporting him during the issue at the restaurant. I think it was deliberate, but not necessarily all the well planned out. I think he maybe grabbed a rock or a log and hit her on the head. I just hope she didn't suffer.
5) How did BL become the person he is ? He has anger management and control issues. GP used to comply but once she stopped doting on him, deferring to him and letting him control her and taking the blame for all their disagreements, he became more and more enraged.

These are all IMO:

5) Brian seems like a narcissistic psychopath with a superiority complex as seen through his many Instagram photos of disturbing and violent art that he creates with captions that are self-righteous and look down on other humans that are not him, as if he's forgetting that he's a human too. At one point he refers to people as an "infestation".
This abnormal psychology, IMO, is due to both Nature and Nurture: extremely low empathy, just like his parents' recent cold-hearted behavior towards Gabby and her family, from both DNA and the environment he was raised in in the Laundrie household.

MOO

This is so spot on and you remember who else called humans an infestation? Agent Smith from The Matrix movie. And we see how he/it ended up. :0)

Another day, no sign or sight of Brian..

It's been weeks. And the nights must be getting cooler up there in the northern hemisphere., So I don't think he is out in the open, in any unsheltered sense..

Every day brings me further into the area where the only people not seeking Brian, in the entire nation, are Brian's parents and his sister. Not a peep about please help, have you seen, Bri, come on home.

If they are not looking for him, and while this isn't definitive, they don't appear to be grieving for him, in the sense that the Petito family have, then it comes back to this , they must know where he is, and if they know where he is, they are not saying because they know he won't be and can't be coming back.

When only the improbable is left, that's what it is.

Mexico or South/Central America would be far more dangerous than here. If he went there (which I have no belief he did) it was a major tactical error as events have transpired. There is a price on his head via reward or ransom and he would stick out like a sore thumb. The cartels or rebels would enjoy torturing his confession or story out of him and let it be known even if ransom was to be paid. There is honor among the fringe.

Having been visiting southern Belize since 2003, it is my opinion a great place to hide out.

Sheriff Grady Judd on Brian Laundrie: ‘We would have never let him out of our custody’ | WFLA
On Thursday, during a press conference about a child *advertiser censored* investigation, Sheriff Judd commented on the Petito case, saying he would have detained Laundrie after Petito’s parents reported her missing.

“I can tell you at this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we never would have let him out of our custody that day. Other than that, I’m not sure where their investigation is,” Judd told reporters.
“I can tell you that according to Florida law, when she was the victim of domestic violence originally, he would’ve been arrested,” Judd said of the incident.
That's got to be a kick in the teeth to the North Port Police. I know that retired LE have said as much, but I think this is the first criticism I've seen from currently employed LE.

How interesting! Thank you!

Like so many of us here, I just can't stop thinking about Gabby and her family. And thinking angry thoughts about BL and family. I ordered Gabby's sunflower ring off of Etsy. I do hope that wasn't supposed to represent an engagement ring from him, but the family said she loved sunflowers, so I will carry that in my heart and my mind.

I think he confided in his parents and that’s why no calls or texts were answered - I don’t buy the “break up angle so don’t answer her parents calls” at all.
JMO
JMO Dad realized how deep it is and wanted answers...

I agree, but go back and forth about whether they knew before he drove back or not.
I go back and forth on this, too. It could be that BL was initially going with my plan - hitchhike out of there and catch a plane home. Instead, he turns around and goes back for the van. Makes me wonder if he called mom during his initial hitchhike and she's the one who unwisely told him to go back for the van?

Bumping this since it was at the tail end of the last thread and I am truly curious. Thanks much for any insight!
Question for those with loads of sleuthing and crime watching under their belts:

Are there ever circumstances where LE sits on naming another POI, or indictments for someone else UNKNOWN by the public that they have evidence for as a suspect? (Someone that isn't Brian?)

If so, why would this be kept sealed or kept out of the public eye?

And would they continue this, if there was reasonable suspicion that, say Brian, was presumed dead? Would they keep up the public perception that has been shared about Brian, regardless? If so, why? I understand I am asking for theories and opinion here only.

I have tried to stay open-minded about Brian being presumed innocent, but it does get harder without any new poignant facts or developments, including radio silence on the possibility of someone else being involved.

I mean, at this point, is it still possible, even remotely, that someone else could have killed Gabby? If so, why withhold information related to that? Sigh. MOO.
My experience/observations in following many of these cases is if they do not have a specific suspect, they will release that info, sketches, ask for the public's help. In this case I think if they had evidence that pointed to another suspect they would release that info. I think all evidence must point to him, no unknown DNA on Gabby, etc. There are plenty of eyewitness accounts of their last days together, sightings of the van, nobody has come forward with any thing that points to possibly someone else. That said there are cases where police get tunnel vision and the obvious suspect because it fits the profile, is not the one who committed the crime. I do not feel that is happening in this case. There is so much attention on this case I think it would be impossible for them to keep other suspects/leads that they could be following from becoming public. I think they know thru evidence found/cause of death that Brian was the cause of her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther