Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. There are lots of wild possibilities for where BL could be. But more times than not, the simplest option is the one that is true. He could very well just be dead somewhere near his home. And dead since 9/7 or 9/11 or 9/13 or whenever the last date is that anyone really saw him.

...and life will be wonderful for the underemployed BL. Cuba is not a Valhalla where warriors go to die among the swaying fields of wheat and weal. He's going to need financial support, a conduit of cash, a go-between. The more players added to the mix, the more likely there's going to be a slip up. Then, there's paying off anyone who recognizes you. Extortion. Then, there's that sweet, fat reward. 20K goes a loooooong way in Havana. Then, there's Brian captured in the mountains and being held up as a political pawn. The list is endless.
MOO

The 20K going a very long way is perhaps another reason why he may have fled there. I don't know, it just seems like the one place where he could remain. imo.

Gabby met Rose online and it's quite unclear how many times they met, other than the trip Rose took to the east coast. How was Rose a refuge for Gabby? It's clear from what little Rose has said in MSM that their plans to meet up in Yellowstone were not firm.

I have concerns about whether Rose has "exaggerated" some things. And she's certainly talking to lots and lots of reporters! But it does sound like she may have seen Gabby on multiple occasions as Rose lived in Sarasota.

In the article linked below she suggested BL "rushed into" the van trip mainly to get Gabby away from Rose. While I guess anything is possible, certainly Gabby's family hasn't suggested the trip occurred early. It also sounds a bit narcissistic on Rose's part. Finally, it's a bit unclear why they decided Rose should fly to the West Coast to meet GP in Yellowstone but apparently they had discussed that possibility.

I don't think it's likely GP wanted to dump BL and travel instead with Rose as another post suggested. I think GP was into the boy-girl romantic van life (even if the reality didn't match.) Not sure she wanted a Thelma and Louise style trip instead.

JMO

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

My sister and I have been discussing the "semantics" of whether CL saw/talked to BL.

CL said in the interview she hadn't really talked to him and didn't know where the van was. Laundrie Family Lawyer said CL hadn't seen BL.

I guess it is possible that all of it is true. He could have stopped at her house on 9/1 but no one was home? And by the time CL got to the camping site, BL had already left? FWIW, Dog said he watched the security tape and 3 people entered the campground together (BL, mom, dad). I'm assuming CL came later. And then only 2 left (mom, dad) and CL left herself.

Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 1 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park,” Bertolino said in a text. “Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates.”

8 On Your Side confirmed through public records requests that the Laundrie family checked into a campground at Fort De Soto on Sept. 6. Bertolino previously confirmed the family camped from Sept. 6 to Sept. 7, at which time he says, “they all left the park.”

Brian Laundrie’s fiancé Gabby Petito was officially reported missing by family members on Sept. 11. While Brian and his parents stayed quiet throughout the search for the 22-year-old, as well as after her body was found in Wyoming, Cassie Laundrie did speak to a news outlet.

• During the interview, Cassie Laundrie also said she had not spoken to her brother Brian since he returned to Florida.
In his text to 8 On Your Side, Bertolino blames misinterpretation for what was said in the interview.

“Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer,” he said.

Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was at Fort De Soto with family: attorney | WFLA

IMO I think at this point it’s clear anything Bertolino says shouldn’t be taken as factual, but wow does he contradict himself. Yesterday he said Roberta, Chris, and Brian were all at the campground but today he says Cassie was there, too? I don’t know why he keeps speaking to the media when it only makes his clients look even worse, but I’m not going to argue with it. MOO.

In my opinion, the Laundrie family's attorney isn't playing word games or baiting the media. He's out of his element with this case. It's my guess there's a friendship here and lowered fees. I question whether they'd be able to afford someone more equipped to handle their case.

#UPDATE: STREAM IMMINENT | We're going live on #WFLANow with the development that Cassie Laundrie, Brian's sister, was in fact at Fort De Soto Campground with the family in early September.

Live at 2:35e across all platforms. #HeyJB
https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1444004500348538899?s=21
would love to know if they see any cameras or a ring doorbell around.....
ETA: he's good ...
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Her house has lots of security cameras.

2:23 PM · Oct 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
The Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abductionbloodhound is being used to help sniff out Brian Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve.

Mark Young, is a managing director and has been working with bloodhounds for about 20 years.

“They have a better sense of scent,” he said. “They are trained to track almost two miles, many of them go much much further."

The second visit for his items has left a lot of people wondering why there was a need for more of Laundrie's items.

Young said that, while he can’t speak to the exact circumstances that may be going on, he said there could be a few reasons.

“Usually, you want the freshest possible scent you have, be it from a comb, a pillowcase, a shirt that he may have worn - something that wasn’t washed - to give the dog the chance to find the correct scent to follow the trail,” Young said.

Young said he has observed these dogs in action and, while they are very good at what they do, sometimes there are hurdles.

“If they had rain or it was very windy, that will give the dog a few problems in trying to track the trail,” he said.
Brian Laundrie search efforts: Bloodhound expert weighs in

IMO I think at this point it’s clear anything Bertolino says shouldn’t be taken as factual, but wow does he contradict himself. Yesterday he said Roberta, Chris, and Brian were all at the campground but today he says Cassie was there, too? I don’t know why he keeps speaking to the media when it only makes his clients look even worse, but I’m not going to argue with it. MOO.
When I see a statement from him, aside from singing “tell me more, tell me more” from Grease in my head, I just wanna comment that Brady Bunch meme where Marsha is saying, “Sure Jan.” Ever since I started sensing he might not know what he’s talking about, every time he says something I’m like, “Sure, Jan.” lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea