Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure about being a weak link, but she’s got her family to think about, & that might come in to play if she talks. IMO.

Agreed. She has a family to think about. IMO.

Something else I thought about. Think about the LENGTHS the Laundrie parents have gone to protect BL. How they have absolutely said ZERO. Nothing. Hardly even thru their attorney. Especially nothing that makes Brian look bad. & then they have no issue letting their attorney throw their daughter under the bus & reverse it & run over her again. This is all in my opinion.

This is a gooooooooooooooood point. JMO.

Yes, I know. I'm a mental health researcher. However, we also have BL driving cross country with virtually no time for sleep. I have a fairly long list of other things I've noticed, but we're not supposed to discuss mental health.

However, I do go back and forth on Rose - I don't for a minute believe that anyone in the Laundrie family thought that Gabby had taken off to meet this friend...they knew way more about what was really happening.

If you're trying to say that you think BL has an ordinary cognitive mechanism in his head, well, I do disagree. But...anxiety is a common side effect of many things (including wrongdoing).

I'm not trying to say anything other than what I said, which was we don't really know about his MH.

Misenterpreted? Whatever buddy.
Read the Transcript of the CS and you will see that she never said she hasn't spoken to him since he came back. She was asked what was the oddest thing about this and she said that she hadn't been able to speak to him and in the next question said she thinks it was because of the lawyer instructions. To me, she is saying she hasn't talked to him since GP was reported missing and the lawyers got involved. Her two previous times speaking to him came before all that.

I don't know about you, but having my brother a wanted fugitive, having news media crawling all over the neighborhood, having LE, the FBI, DTBH, every wannabe reward-hungry bounty hunter impersonator, having easily roused mentally compromised members of the public and frightened children in my world - would eventually snap my cap. Every moment of it is attributable to her brother's loss of control. Every moment of disruption, lost sleep, worry, skipped meals, imprisonment out of fear...is part of the karmic tsunami unleashed on Gabby in that dry creek bed. What would you be thinking if you were CL? The self-proclaimed family lawyer just outed you for a liar and there's a woman outside your parent's home calling for it to be incinerated. How long can they take it? How long can CL take it?
Now, this.
Everyone knows where you are. I would be terrified.

First time posting since the Mollie Tibetts case. Had to take a break from it all. My husband, baby and I were in Wyoming staying in Teton Village when they found her body. I can’t stop refreshing this page 30x a day. Praying they find BL soon. IMO the parents know exactly what happened. I can’t believe he’s still on the run. It’s all so heartbreaking. RIP Gabby.

Going back to the possibility of the postcards possibly be written by two different people - setting aside the handwriting, what did kind of stand out was the fact that of the six postcards shown, two didn't have any drawings on them. That was the first thing I noticed and what gave me pause. The four with the drawings had less content and more doodles, where the other two had no drawings and more content.

Also, if you look at the Arches postcard to Nick, the G in Gabby is different than the G in Gabby on the Red Canyon cards. She didn't sign the other ones to compare, but the Y's are kind of inconsistent in the postcards, so no way to really tell (and I'm also NOT a handwriting expert so I'd really have no way of even know what to begin to look at). Really just the fact that there were no drawings on two stood out to me.

However, I went back and looked and I think they visited Red Canyon before they went to the Arches. Someone noted the cards could have been in packages and that could be a reason for not having postage. I'd also like to throw in the possibility that BL hand-delivered the postcards if, in fact, he saw his sister on 9/1.

I can’t help but wonder how frequently CL has been under the bus for her little brother? Is it possible she went to de Soto to try and talk some sense into BL, try to find out what really happened but the parents as gatekeepers ensured she “didn’t get to speak with Brian”? In her interview, she seemed to have a genuine affection for GP….. but now her parents and the lawyer are willing to make her a sacrifice on the alter of BL’s freedom…..just thinking out loud. MOO
She did seem that way IMO. I have a little girl. & I can tell you, when someone is so good to your kids & take up time with them & your kids love them so much, & you can tell that they love your kids…you can’t help but have some genuine affection for them. IMO.
I’m no attorney so I haven’t been trained on attorney ethics. This is MOO. It seems that it would be very improper for an attorney to speak on my whereabouts in relation to a criminal investigation when they are not my attorney. JMO.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that the photos from September 20 when FBI agents approached CL's home do not show/indicate a security camera in the upper front door area. Apparently the photo taken of CL's home today does show a security camera. The person showed both photos, but since they wouldn't be considered MSM I'm not going to link and hope this post doesn't break any rules.

Editing to add:

Here's a link to an article showing the front of her house on September 20, 2021.

Possible law enforcement agents at home of Brian Laundrie's sister in Lakewood Ranch

Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 1 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park,” Bertolino said in a text. “Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates.”

8 On Your Side confirmed through public records requests that the Laundrie family checked into a campground at Fort De Soto on Sept. 6. Bertolino previously confirmed the family camped from Sept. 6 to Sept. 7, at which time he says, “they all left the park.”

Brian Laundrie’s fiancé Gabby Petito was officially reported missing by family members on Sept. 11. While Brian and his parents stayed quiet throughout the search for the 22-year-old, as well as after her body was found in Wyoming, Cassie Laundrie did speak to a news outlet.

• During the interview, Cassie Laundrie also said she had not spoken to her brother Brian since he returned to Florida.
In his text to 8 On Your Side, Bertolino blames misinterpretation for what was said in the interview.

“Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer,” he said.

Brian Laundrie’s sister saw him twice after return to Florida, was at Fort De Soto with family: attorney | WFLA
LOL!
oops did I just do that out loud?!

lol!!!!

Just thought of this - the attorney said, "Three came in, three came out."

What if the three that came out were Cassie and the parents and that she was somehow there prior waiting? Is she listed at the campgrounds with her married last name perhaps?

Phones.

I'm curious about how many phones there were/are and where they are now.

Gabby had a phone. No idea where it is now, but perhaps LE can still get data about it - in particular, where the phone was when the Yosemite message was sent.

For some reason, I was under the impression that BL did not have a phone, but I honestly don't know. We do know he got a new phone after he got back.

Where are BL's phone(s) now?

Is LE behind the scenes looking at tracking info on the phones?

Right, it's a door opener. I'm curious about something and maybe you can offer some input.
Let's assume there's enough evidence to upgrade Brain to a suspect, but they're not ready to make an announcement. If Brian is found deceased, how do things proceed?

INAL but from what I've seen in previous cases the file is handled behind the scenes as far as "suspect is deceased". There may be some more investigation but typically not a lot unless something can be gained from digging deep (ie; think Timothy McVeigh - thoroughly investigating that was important).

The family may or may not be provided with details. In days gone by they were but recently they are giving family less and less information on the off chance that the suspect wasn't the perpetrator and another perp becomes apparent down the line (if they disclose to family it would interfere with a future prosecution). The public usually hears very little.

BL’s parents did find themselves in a horrible situation when their son returned home Sept 1 (?), that they didn’t necessarily bring on themselves.
After that, They made a lot of bad decisions. Over many days:
-Not answering calls from Petitos (why not answer? Guilty knowledge?)
-Acquiring camper topper/planning trip
-Acquiring new phone for him
-And IMO lying about BL going to the nature preserve when police were looking for him.

To name a few
BAM!!!!!!!!

you may be right. people in comments on his Instagram were suggesting someone take one of her kids til she said where Brian is
That scared me!
Wow, did not know that. That's terrible. I feel like a few people need to take a minute and breathe. It would be awful if the sister was a scapegoat, I always felt she wasn't clued in from the beginning and got used. JMO
The lady who is parading in front of the house. . . I don't have words for. She's just a mess. Who does this?? JMO.

Just thought of this - the attorney said, "Three came in, three came out."

What if the three that came out were Cassie and the parents and that she was somehow there prior waiting? Is she listed at the campgrounds with her married last name perhaps?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. They must do some kind of checking on overnight guests, because BL's folks made a reservation for all three. I think the daughter was just a day visitor.

I wonder what the attorney's statement was based on: hearsay (BL's folks) or hard evidence (video)?

I'm not trying to say anything other than what I said, which was we don't really know about his MH.
We don't really know a lot of things but that doesn't stop the endless diagnoses of every other part of his personality. The only difference is that we are allowed to call out his actions as a red flag of one thing and not of something else that it is also a red flag for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike