Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that LE asked Gabby the wrong question! Instead of did he slap you? It should have been a generic tell me what happened and start at the Cafe. More may have been told. If the van registration had been checked they would have realized that it was her van and he was trying to keep her out! Imagine being abandoned where you don’t know anyone with no transportation, no phone and no wallet! I feel she was in fight or flight trying to get back in the van. I still feel a big clue in all of this was BL’s flying home and then flying back! Why was this necessary?
Yeah. Has this flight home and back been confirmed? I can't remember where this info came from.

I wonder if they broke up, he went home, had a change of heart, returned to her, and then had a blowup soon thereafter?

JMO

They ask him. I don't remember if they ask her, but as I recall, they let him make all the decisions about if they had friends in the area that Gabby could call or anywhere she could go. From what I remember, after they talked to him, they basically went back and TOLD HER what the men had decided.

The frightening thing is, it was all really on Body Cam. .. that is to say, everyone knew they were being recorded and just went right on ahead with program. The police knew they were individually being recorded and on group recordings, the bearded bossy Eric knew he was being recorded, they just barrelled on , never hesitating at all.

Perhaps it didn't dawn on these Moab officers until much later when they went over it, and saw what was going on..

"Down in Florida, during the summer and wet time, a body can start to skeletonize in less than five to seven days," said Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). "And with predators, you can lose a lot of evidence that way."

Fox told CNN the tropical conditions "are among the harshest on forensic evidence."
"The odds of finding it get slimmer every day, so time is obviously really of the essence," she said.

The Brian Laundrie search is complicated by time and environmental factors, experts say - CNN

She loves her like a sister but won't take the parents calls? Better question is how did she *know* not to take the calls? She might not have known the real story but someone told her enough that she towed the party line and ghosted Gabby's parents!

CL said in an interview GP's mother didn't reach out to call her. From the reports I've read, GP's mom said only one time she tried to call the sister. All the other times she was interviewed she mentioned trying to call BL and his mother. It wouldn't surprise me if NS did not call CL, much less call her repeatedly. Why would BL's older sister in Florida know where GP was if her last known location was Wyoming? I'm not suggesting NS lied, just that she was (quite naturally) overwhelmed and frantic.

Personally it seemed a bit odd to me GP's mom would even have had CL's current phone number. While I didn't live with my boyfriend in his parents' house like Gabby did when I was 22, I was in a serious relationship at that age. My parents did not have my boyfriend's adult siblings' phone numbers. Of course, back then people had landlines. It was easier to get listed phone numbers so they might have been able to get their numbers. But these days with cells, not so much. And if CL has a landline, it's likely not in the last name of Laundrie.

With cell phone accounts these days lots of times the account owner has to take steps to disable default spam filters. GP's mom's out of state call could easily have been sent to spam if she's not in CL's contact list. NP's number likely would have been blocked as spam with the filter I disabled after I almost missed several important calls from service providers. And with my filter, the phone doesn't ring for spam so I don't know there's a call unless I look at the missed calls log. And why would NS be on CL's contact list? I don't have my SIL's brother's out of state cell number in my contacts. Cell phones also mean we're less likely to need multiple contacts to reach a person. If I need to reach my SIL, I simply call/text her cell or call/text my brother's cell. I don't need to be able to call my SIL's brother's phone on a regular basis.

It just seems there are credible reasons CL might not have spoken to NS. And those reasons don't have to include that CL deliberately ignored multiple calls/voicemails from NS.

JMO

Reality TV star Dog, real name Duane Chapman, says he has received more than 2,000 potential leads as he joined the search to find Laundrie last weekend.

He told NewsMax Thursday that he hasn’t been sharing his tips with cops and FBI detectives after he was accused by critics of joining the search for “publicity”.

Dog said: “After 45 years, I don’t call the police, they’re usually called on me – so I don’t know what they’re doing.”

The bounty hunter remains under fire from online sleuths, social media users, and private investigators.

Gabby's cause of death 'withheld' after it's revealed Brian bought burner

J.B. Biunno @WFLAJB via Twitter — 8:54AM 10/2
#CassieLaundrie Interview Update: @Gma has restored the link & published a *modified* video report of the original Cassie Laundrie story, and they removed this specific line by the reporter: “she hasn’t spoken to her brother since he returned to his home in Florida.” (Thread ⬇️)

The first paragraph struck me forcibly.
Was Brian expected home that night, the night they claim to be the last night they saw him?
I so, why did they delay in contacting LE?
When did they become concerned about his welfare?
why did they believe they needed a lawyers presence, via telephone in order to report a missing person?
Who does that?

This at least suggests they were compromised in some way.

"Down in Florida, during the summer and wet time, a body can start to skeletonize in less than five to seven days," said Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). "And with predators, you can lose a lot of evidence that way."

Fox told CNN the tropical conditions "are among the harshest on forensic evidence."
"The odds of finding it get slimmer every day, so time is obviously really of the essence," she said.

The Brian Laundrie search is complicated by time and environmental factors, experts say - CNN

This makes me wonder, are they searching for Brian or for evidence that can deteriorate/disappear (both)?

For our long time sluethers, have we seen a situation like this with such a large LE presence looking for a missing person, even a murder (not a mass murder, but a person accused of murdering someone they knew)?

All MOO.

CL said in an interview GP's mother didn't reach out to call her. From the reports I've read, GP's mom said only one time she tried to call the sister. All the other times she was interviewed she mentioned trying to call BL and his mother. It wouldn't surprise me if NS did not call CL, much less call her repeatedly. Why would BL's older sister in Florida know where GP was if her last known location was Wyoming? I'm not suggesting NS lied, just that she was (quite naturally) overwhelmed and frantic.

Personally it seemed a bit odd to me GP's mom would even have had CL's current phone number. While I didn't live with my boyfriend in his parents' house like Gabby did when I was 22, I was in a serious relationship at that age. My parents did not have my boyfriend's adult siblings' phone numbers. Of course, back then people had landlines. It was easier to get listed phone numbers so they might have been able to get their numbers. But these days with cells, not so much. And if CL has a landline, it's likely not in the last name of Laundrie.

With cell phone accounts these days lots of times the account owner has to take steps to disable default spam filters. GP's mom's out of state call could easily have been sent to spam if she's not in CL's contact list. NP's number likely would have been blocked as spam with the filter I disabled after I almost missed several important calls from service providers. And with my filter, the phone doesn't ring for spam so I don't know there's a call unless I look at the missed calls log. And why would NS be on CL's contact list? I don't have my SIL's brother's out of state cell number in my contacts. Cell phones also mean we're less likely to need multiple contacts to reach a person. If I need to reach my SIL, I simply call/text her cell or call/text my brother's cell. I don't need to be able to call my SIL's brother's phone on a regular basis.

It just seems there are credible reasons CL might not have spoken to NS. And those reasons don't have to include that CL deliberately ignored multiple calls/voicemails from NS.

JMO
CL's married name is easy to find, if NS didn't know it. Not sure that a number would be or is given with her address info. Sometimes they are. NS called in desperation, probably, just wanting to know if CL had possibly heard from her brother or Gabby. I doubt repeatedly, also, but didn't Cl say that she had taken her kids to Disney World at that time? Maybe NS called CL's landline, and she wasn't home. jmo

There's a scene in "The Color Purple" where Miss Celie tells, Shug - "He beats me, because I'm not you." I believe this is the crux of this situation. For close to 7 years, Brian, the self-absorbed, isolationist narcissist tried to change the all giving and nurturing Gabby into his doppelganger. He wanted a female Brian, a hermit with a useful vagina.
But, she couldn't chuck her free spirit, love of people and desire to teach the world about caring for the world. He was as small as a cancer cell. She was as large as the universe. He could not beat her embrace of the world out of her. He could not spirit her far enough away to cut her ties to the world she truly cared to nurture. He could not brow beat her into the kind of devotion that expects nothing in return.
He wanted to flee from the world. She wanted to change the world. He wanted to abandon all ties. She wanted to share her embrace with everyone.
Gabby said no too many times to a person who tried to groom her into believing a life in handcuffs was a life liberated simply because he was doing the handcuffing. In the end, she was a failed experiment, an incendiary catalyst that ignited the rage at the heart of his iconoclasm. Like a gladiator, this happy, light-hearted, little girl withstood his attempt at brainwashing for 7 years in order to lighten his heart, heal his soul and make him fall back in love with the entirety of the world - not just the rocks, streams and mountains upon it.
In the end, his sickness proved to be both incurable and deadly.
JMHO
I’m skimming. I’ve fallen behind. I’m sure just like many of you.
I just read this profoundly moving post by @TheGardener (moo)

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads