Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
What liability would Brian's family have for harboring a person who is "a person of interest" vs. someone who is wanted for murder? Aside from the bank fraud charges, he hasn't had a warrant issued for anything else. To villify the parents and to speculate as to the possibility of charges being brought against them would mean that they are responsible for doing investigative work for LE, wouldn't it? Is that a crime?

Many years ago, before the cell phone era, I knew a woman whose son murdered someone. He then went on the lam. Of course he called his mother! Shortly thereafter...picked up many states away. Ever since doin life without parole. So getting phone tapped not a problem. Doubt it's that easy to wire the whole house!
Don't think.so!
Ppls.phones are tapped.all.the time!

When the

I asked WHY? It was a question. As far as the "dead person" being found, yes Gabby has been found, No Gabby has not been buried, yet. This search for a "missing" person, yes I do believe it could be scaled back some, not called off. As for the neighbors, I don't blame them for being "annoyed", they had nothing to do with any of this , maybe some LE could help the neighbors with the protesters. I have complete faith, 100% in our justice system, and our LE, and our FBI. I know without a doubt BL will be found, it's just a matter of time.

I agree with this. While I'm just as interested in this case as the next Websleuther, the cost of this operation cannot be justified in light of the amount of money spent to track down others who are suspected of a domestic violence killing.

More than half a million people go missing every year in the US, and spending a lion's share of taxpayer dollars on a single case--no matter how popular the case is--isn't right.

They need to continue to work this case, but at a reasonable level.

The FBI have launched a million dollar manhunt for the 23-year-old

Jennifer Shen, a former director of the San Diego Police Department's Crime Lab, told The Sun exclusively: "I think Brian’s parents have exhibited very odd behavior. It appears they know where he is, or where he went at least.

"Their home is fair game for searching, as it is a potential crime scene, and the [alleged] suspect lives there.

"It does appear the parents were complicit in his disappearance, although we may never know.

"The cars are also evidence, as they may point to where Brian was last seen by his parents, and therefore give some indication as to where he may have gone.
Gabby Petito cops 'may use GPS to track Brian's parents movements'

eta:Gabby Petito’s father says she’s ‘already saving lives’ - follow updates live

This is good news, imo.

If LE wanted to remove the protestors they would. They'd find a loophole to remove them for trespassing or noise ordinance. I believe LE/FBI want the pressure to remain on the family until they crack. MOO.
But when's enough is enough as far as the neighborhood wanting peace and quiet restored? LE needs to reign the circus in when other innocents are being persecuted by the madness. I think I would have lost it by now if all this was happening on my street because a fugitive's parents lived nearby.

I'm not too sure, actually.

Does anyone with a better grasp of the law know if it's feasible that the Laundrie house is bugged?
I was wondering this too. On the first warrant execution they ushered them out and put them into the car. Could it have been to clear the house? Sure, I suppose. Could have been to plant listening devices? Sure, I suppose. MOO. This is something I also wondered from the very day of the house search.

Dog's canine team hasn't been able to get anything of Brian's from the Laundries, so they aren't able to determine if any of the areas they are searching are where Brian has been.
My question is, has the van been turned back over to Gabby's parents? Or would they have anything that may have been used or owned by Brian?

"The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said."
K9 search expert: Promising clues emerge in hunt for Brian Laundrie

But they are concerned and want him found? words say one thing actions say another. He lived with them for 2 years and they didn't have anything they could use?

The question is should it be for a missing person or a fugitive?

I think it would be ethically problematic to put up missing persons posters for Brian, they would have to be fugitive posters - and I think it's best that LE start that initiative.

Innocent people could be harmed if they treated BL as a regular missing person - we just don't know what he's now capable of.

This stands out to me.
If you want the FBI/LE to find your suicidal son why wouldn't you provide items with his scent on them? Unless you don't want them to find him.

The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said.

“The parents as you know are being uncooperative, so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on,” Hadsell said. “So, we do what we call, ‘general human scent.’
They gave FBI what they requested. Attorney snd LE likely telling Laundries to ignore Dog and his show

We.do have a noise.ordinance I think the bull horn has to.go.but the protest can continue!

Honestly, I'm shocked LE hasn't removed them by now. That's why I wonder if LE/FBI hopes it'll drive them nuts and they'll start talking to make it stop.
We have no idea who the protestors are could be plain clothes LE officers, for all we know MOO. No evidence. Thinking out loud. Doesn't Florida have a new anti-protest law?

I'm sorry I borrowed a snippet of your post out of context. I merely think and wanted to comment that these people who've invaded this neighborhood on the pretense that any of their actions lend a hand in the investigatory are mistaken. That includes the news people camped out 24/7 on neighbor's lawns to sit and film vehicles sitting in a driveway while they give their live reports.

Whether or not BL's parents or sister speak the truth, the ball is all in LE's court right now, not the media. A sustained protestors/media presence outside BL's parent's home serves no real purpose in the investigation. AJMO

Sorry for the unnecessary piggy-backing onto your comments.

No worries. I figured as much (and I often do the same). :) Just thought I'd clarify my prior comment if it came across different to what I'd intended.

I think your analysis is spot-on. Brian has narcissistic tendencies to be sure.
I wonder if he had a tendency to blow up when corrected or questioned. If so, his parents may have been conditioned not to challenge him (I've been in that situation before). They may have just kept quiet when it became apparent that something had happened to GP. He may have run off when it became obvious that his lies were coming apart.
[EBM]

IMOO that's a radical statement (and gives me personal unfounded and unstated insight into his mindset) IMOO. I've been to some of the national parks. They are breathtaking. If you visit from a densely populated area, you can feel like you're in another country entirely. We are all entitled to visit and enjoy these natural wonders. They are something to behold and cherish. The fact that "humans infest them" is a good thing. Everyone should take some time to visit at least one. MOO

If he was as ecologically minded as he likes to portray, maybe he was suggesting the infestation of humans in national parks more on a macro level rather than a personal level. Here's an article that mentions how tenuous the relationship between humans and protected environments are.

Case in point, when the government shut down in 2019 causing parks to close, hoards of humans entered the parks unfettered by restrictions and park rangers creating mountains of trash that endangered animals, walking and camping in prohibited areas endangering animals and themselves.

The Effects of Human Disturbances on National Parks

Oh, I thought they knew each other in high school also; 7 years?

Which reminds me to ask, has anyone heard anyone from their high school classmates speak on this?

Think a few did but they knew each other I don't think they started dating till after high school? could be wrong? MOO IMHO

I am ready to see BL caught today. Who is with me? I want to see him come out, missing some hide flesh, with his hands up. Is it possible?

Let's see, I would like to know your answers to these questions:

1) Do you think BL is alive? If no, you can scroll and roll. If so, why?
2) Where do you think he is hiding?
3) How long do you give him to stay like this, or do you think he will change positions.
4) Do you think BL has committed any other violent crimes while being a fugitive?
5) Why do you think he has not been captured yet?

For me it's:

1) Yes. Because his parents' behavior is not that of grieving parents;
2) It is somewhere down South, probably Florida, but he has not left the US.
3) It's a tough thing to say; if he is with relatives or other iconoclasts who won't turn him in, it could be awhile. If he is alone, I give him a few more weeks.
4) I used to, but I really don't know now.
5) Because he had such a long head start; because his parents helped him to abscond and hide - they have not done anything to assist in finding him, or in making any plea that he please come home; they officially reported him missing, but did not give any description as to what he was wearing; IMO they are massively involved in his departure from his home.

ALL JMO.

Agree 1000%.

Honestly, I'm shocked LE hasn't removed them by now. That's why I wonder if LE/FBI hopes it'll drive them nuts and they'll start talking to make it stop.
We have no idea who the protestors are could be plain clothes LE officers, for all we know MOO. No evidence. Thinking out loud. Doesn't Florida have a new anti-protest law?

I think it was an "anti-riot" law, and I think a judge blocked it.

But, what they're doing is harassing and they should be made to stop on just that basis. There's already been one scuffle with a neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member