Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interest of putting this to bed...
I am fully aware of what he wrote. And what he never said is, “homeless people are an infestation.” Which is what he has been accused of saying. The man is bad enough. We don’t need to make him sound even worse.
The whole argument is over a simple miscommunication. Some bolding was done without the BBM note. Taken into context, it was not an inflamatory remark. If anyone really needs to get to the bottom of this, it begins on page 6.

Dog's canine team hasn't been able to get anything of Brian's from the Laundries, so they aren't able to determine if any of the areas they are searching are where Brian has been.
My question is, has the van been turned back over to Gabby's parents? Or would they have anything that may have been used or owned by Brian?

"The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said."
K9 search expert: Promising clues emerge in hunt for Brian Laundrie

That's probably true. I expect the library was just a refuge with AC for the Laundries while they waited for their appt time. But I found it amusing people said "they didn't look at books!" Books are so last century per many librarians these days. Libraries are information and community hubs, not book repositories.
JMO

You could be right with the air con thing though.

I guess it's hard for me to relate to since I live in a country where 98% of houses don't have it, and only some public buildings and businesses. :p

Haha I've always thought that..

"What would I do if my house was bugged with microphones or cameras?"

I'd simply write the stuff on a piece of paper for the other person to read, and ensure my hand was shielding the note at the time. Then burn after reading.

I'm sure this isn't foolproof though..

The Laundries have GOT to believe the FBI bugged their house, right!?

MOO

I'm not sure they could get a warrant to do that unless it's like some huge RICO bust. Don't they have really strict guidelines for bugs and wiretapping?

I think she meant the parents could talk to each other safely
Is it typical for the FBI to bug houses? I may have missed a source that showed that this likely has happened to them. Anyone have something to share that leads us to think this has happened to them? I get that the phones may be tapped, but, bugging the house, is that typical in a case like this?

But how? If he shot himself, they'd have found the gun by now. Unless he picked a fight with a gator, there would be some kind of evidence, right?

One would think so. However, we wouldn't know it, if they had found a gun and are now looking for a gator...

You think they didn't know she was dead or didn't know he killed her? Not knowing she was dead makes the hired attorney and ignored calls pretty suspicious.

I agree with you - I think they knew something was terribly wrong.

He probably never expected the van to be caught on camera. He could have told his parents Gabby decided to go camping with friends, that she needed time away from him, asked him to drive the van to Florida, and the friend would be driving her back to either Florida or New York. Imo

I guess he might not have realized that one out of three people in or near a National Park is a youtuber, TikTok user or reddit poster.

Actually, I think he did not have a clue when he parked there, that he would be leaving without Gabby.

Is there any way to print a poster for Brian? Given the time of year, it might help for those of use close to the AT or other hiking areas to put up signs so those passing through would keep an eye out.

IMOO that's a radical statement (and gives me personal unfounded and unstated insight into his mindset) IMOO. I've been to some of the national parks. They are breathtaking. If you visit from a densely populated area, you can feel like you're in another country entirely. We are all entitled to visit and enjoy these natural wonders. They are something to behold and cherish. The fact that "humans infest them" is a good thing. Everyone should take some time to visit at least one. MOO

Tbh, his comment reads mainly as an observation of what he perceives to be the irony that in creating parks - available to the public and made somewhat safer/user-friendly by those who created preserved spaces to protect and respect nature - those well-intentioned people/agencies essentially invited in the element (people) who mistreat the nature intended to be protected.

It's not an ominous observation, imo.

Random thoughts for today: Sure, there's some annoyance with the protestors and media constantly being outside of their home, but.... what if the Laundrie family's primary frustration at this moment is they really do not know where BL is or how he is doing and they expected to know those things. Up until presumably the 14th, they'd be in contact with him every day. Most assume they at least have some idea that he is alive, but perhaps they thought that by now some of the attention would be off of them and they'd be able to move about a little easier. If they do know where BL is, could they have planned to get supplies to him and the constant attention has thwarted that?

The fact that they've reported him missing but aren't particularly acting like he's missing kind of sparked this thought. If they're concerned he's beginning to run low on supplies and may have to resort to whatever survival knowledge he has, then they probably are concerned he could hurt himself.

To cover their hides.
Yes. But, the FBI had also been called in by then. Though they were not technically the lead agency at that time (I do not think, not sure), they had already made an appearance. And, that might have been the catalyst. I can envision the attorney warning/cautioning them of what that shift in dynamics could potentially mean for them. I do wonder that if the FBI had never been called if they would still not have reported him as missing. MOO
Parents made the report 9/17. FBI again visits home of Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie amid ongoing search

I am ready to see BL caught today. Who is with me? I want to see him come out, missing some hide flesh, with his hands up. Is it possible?

Let's see, I would like to know your answers to these questions:

1) Do you think BL is alive? If no, you can scroll and roll. If so, why?
2) Where do you think he is hiding?
3) How long do you give him to stay like this, or do you think he will change positions.
4) Do you think BL has committed any other violent crimes while being a fugitive?
5) Why do you think he has not been captured yet?

I'd like to see him brought in today, as well. Not missing any hide flesh, however.

1) I go back and forth. I think he would have left a suicide note if he planned on killing himself, but, who knows?
2) If he's hiding, I'd guess it's in one of the cabins located to the north of the reserve--in the state park area.
3) If he's hiding, I'm guessing he has a burner phone and a solar charger to check in at times. If he heard planes, copters, I think he would try to move.
4) I don't think he's committed any other violent crimes--I think he was driven by jealousy and possessiveness to kill Gabby, maybe when she said she wanted to break up. In general, he seems like kind of a weenie to me. The old rhyme, "Georgie Porgie" has been in my head since this thing started.
5) I don't think it's as simple to catch the bad guys as they make it look in the movies. He might have set them up at the reserve because he knew he'd be on camera entering it -- but a brisk 2-day jaunt to the north would have put him in the state park.

Is there any way to print a poster for Brian? Given the time of year, it might help for those of use close to the AT or other hiking areas to put up signs so those passing through would keep an eye out.
The question is should it be for a missing person or a fugitive?

Yeah. I think the tendency when given two options (with these people), is to lean towards the devious/potentially nefarious.

There is potentially an innocent explanation when it comes to them reporting Brian missing (they truly didn't know where he was).

I could go either way, even considering their pattern of behavior.
I'm of the opinion that it was more nefarious than not. 5% chance they truly had no clue. The whole Mustang fiasco is just plain hinky...and they have their attorney repeatedly stating they retuned it to the driveway on Thursday when everyone knows it was there Wednesday morning (at the latest). Also, since it was in an unauthorized spot, how did they manage to find it on Tuesday so easily? The citation on it was around 2 Tuesday afternoon as abandoned vehicle....I wonder if LE called them and told them to remove it??? My guess is that they moved it late Tuesday night which is why reporters didn't see it in the driveway 'til Wednesday morning. Just my thoughts! jmo

I might have missed this being posted previously, but I had been unaware that Gabby lived near Wilmington, NC for a little over a year from September 2017 until January 2019. She worked as a hostess and took classes at Cape Fear Community College. I had thought she moved from NY to Florida.

Gabby Petito lived, worked in North Carolina for more than 1 year prior to moving to Florida
Wow, that is news. Do you have a source? I thought MSM indicated (like you said) that she moved from NY to FL. I was unaware of the NC detour. Very interesting.

I really wasn't commenting on the quality of life impact of protesters in the neighborhood, but rather asking whether that was really intended to be mentioned as a support for calling off investigatory/legal efforts in this case.
I'm sorry I borrowed a snippet of your post out of context. I merely think and wanted to comment that these people who've invaded this neighborhood on the pretense that any of their actions lend a hand in the investigatory are mistaken. That includes the news people camped out 24/7 on neighbor's lawns to sit and film vehicles sitting in a driveway while they give their live reports.

Whether or not BL's parents or sister speak the truth, the ball is all in LE's court right now, not the media. A sustained protestors/media presence outside BL's parent's home serves no real purpose in the investigation. AJMO

Sorry for the unnecessary piggy-backing onto your comments.

To me, it's more than an annoyance. It's a real disturbance of children and seniors living close by. It serves no real purpose to have people with bullhorns keeping the whole neighborhood in an uproar. Truly, what do these protesters think they're accomplishing?

I have to agree. The neighbors are getting upset and that's not right. Does North Port have no noise ordinance?

I think the protesters who are doing this are trying to get their own 15 minutes of fame. The news crews love it and they're all playing it up.

But, it's the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member