Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think it's crazy to think maybe BL didn't tell his parents anything but they knew that something was wrong once Gabby was reported missing. Think back to Cindy Anthony's 911 call when they found Casey's car and it smelled like decomposition.

When LE showed up at the L house, the L parents may have called their lawyer and said "Brian came back from a roadtrip without his girlfriend and he won't tell us what happened. We thought they just broke up but the police just showed up to take Gabby's van and she was reported missing by her parents. What do we do?"

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to at that moment say "wow, something is seriously wrong and using common sense it's possible a crime was committed. Let's treat this as if a crime was definitely committed."

And from that point on, SB's advice was assuming the worst without knowing one way or another. You would expect them to act as they have even in this fact pattern. I am not saying this is the morally or ethically correct thing to do, just an alternative fact pattern where they don't actually know what happened but they take their attorney's advice to prepare for the worst.
Actually, to add to that, you might expect this MORE from them if they didn’t know yes/or/no whether he was guilty of a crime. Perhaps if they knew he was, they’d be more likely to not protect him and to cooperate on what they knew; but if they don’t know if he is guilty of anything, and have a sense of doubt about the circumstances or hope that he is innocent, they don’t want to do anything to drive the story one way or the other. Just a thought from your last paragraph.

I still hold out that thus far, the sketchiest thing from them is getting the date he “went missing” wrong. That would be very memorable IMO. That makes me question them more than anything else.

To be quite honest - I'm not holding a lot of worth about the Vlog/Blog. My reasoning? Well, when this case first broke, views of their SM were tiny and according to a previous post (or was it when I was watching Dr Phil), a father said GP had done a lot of prep for this adventure (like 12-18months). IMO if that was the case, there would have been more prep work on the SM side to promote their VAnLife before setting off ( for example vlogs on converting the van, getting ready, what they need to pack etc). To me, it does not indicate that this was going to be a serious money maker for them. There simply was not enough investment (in terms of time and creative content) to get the project off the ground.
I totally agree with this, however every time I bring it up I am lectured about how much work goes into editing photos for Instagram and posting one (ONE!) video (from first hand experience: this is not true) and am told I am insulting Gabby's "art" -- this is such a valid point that I feel deserves discussion -- how exactly did she expect to make money from the minimal effort she was putting into it? Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting others here to agree it's worthy of discussion.

In SB's latest statement:
“The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events,”

What are these "certain events" because THAT was intentionally vague, imo.

<modsnip>
Sure seems like they forgot about that darn 911 call and visit by LE on the 14th… ‘oops, better change BLs last day here to 9/13’

I also didn't think he would be suicidal until very recently myself, that's why I've started wondering. The feeling is not even about the time he's been on the run, it's about his state of mind.

He's a POI in the homicide of his girlfriend, he has lost her forever, there's no turning back that fact, he left all the support he has had in his life. If he's alive and is indeed running, he's completely alone and fear is most likely setting in. He can no longer turn to his parents for help, he's soon going to become more desperate. He may even become depressed realizing the what he has done and if he has any idea that he's a hunted man, he may not want to come back to all of this.

I normally think it takes a really strong person to commit suicide, but now I'm also thinking desperation will become a factor in his mindset. I believe he's at higher risk than the average person because he is a wanted man, while most in this category are usually symptomatic for generally longer times before they act on it. All JMO,, I'm really on the fence at this point.

How will we all feel if it turns out he isn't alive? We should be thinking about that now, it could take a terrible turn for this case, but it would also resolve the case permanently too. jmho
I believe a lot of us are juggling with his status, dead or alive.
Common sense tells me he is dead.
But everybody is still searching for a living BL.
I think that if he was the suicidal type he would have done it immediately.
Inconsistent with a suicidal inclination is a 36hr drive home, a camping trip with his folks and all the other activities witnessed by neighbours etc.
His theft of her credit cards is about self preservation, he took it 'co he wanted it.
Like her life?
I've never warmed to him.
What methodology would he have chosen if he suicided?

The whole flying home (spending money on an airline ticket) tale just doesn't add up at all. I'm not sure what good it does for an alibi but something is way off about that reported trip.

I wonder if BL paid for the airline ticket himself or if it was on Gabby's card too. If she had paid for it I would think they would be flaunting look how they shared their money.

Mr Petito just moved to my town in June. I think what struck me the most out of the CL interview is her husband saying they were living with them in that house for a year while the laundries were in NY. I need to go back and watch the interview with the neighbor that said they just moved back in a few months ago - that renters had been in the house. I assume what she calls renters were really CL and fam and BL & GP. How much time did BL & GP actually live with his parents? They left on their trip sometime in June. All my MOO just first I had heard that and leaves me wondering.

That's an interesting timeline. When CL said that BL and GP had lived with them for a year, I would think that they would have some insights into that relationship. Publicly they have claimed that they saw no signs of DV or abuse. I believe them, but wonder about the tolerance level of what they deem to be acceptable in terms of arguments, fighting, etc. I am sure the FBI would have asked them a lot of questions about the year they all lived together.

I totally agree with this, however every time I bring it up I am lectured about how much work goes into editing photos for Instagram and posting one (ONE!) video (from first hand experience: this is not true) and am told I am insulting Gabby's "art" -- this is such a valid point that I feel deserves discussion -- how exactly did she expect to make money from the minimal effort she was putting into it? Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting others here to agree it's worthy of discussion.
Well, it doesn't fit the narrative (in msm) does it? But then again, MSM never let facts get in the way of a juicy story.

Speculation about Brian's Aug17-23rd trip home:

The weather in SLC was bad then right? Wasn't it 100º and wildfire evacuations across the lake? Maybe they decided to get out of the smoke and stay in a hotel and finish the video, Brian maybe was against that? Or they needed something from storage (clothing? computer/video equipment?), And B was like OK I hate hotels, you stay with the van, finish the video, I'll go to Florida real quick and 'do the thing I need to do'.... I'll get a ticket, look this one's cheap...see ya in a week!

They might have had a lot saved up. I know if I were living with my bf's parents, I'd work my *advertiser censored* off and want to prove myself. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities they could afford it. Also, the parents could have helped but it doesn't sound like they got too much help from the folks.

So he does the thing (does he seem weirdly close to his family or is it just me?). They were communicating while he was gone (as per Cassie). What did Gabby do for a week alone in a hotel? We know for sure the video, but that was posted the 19th...so...what did she do Friday the 20th-Monday the 23rd? Maybe Brian got jealous or suspicious she had fun without him? I would be getting nails and hair done and going shopping, IMO. I would want to look good for my man. And that Monarch post shows that...she's all did up with heels and a pretty outfit new necklace and a fresh pedicure. Maybe instead of turning him on, he got mad about extra money being spent...not agreeing with buying new clothes...maybe he wondered who she was trying to impress because obviously Brian wouldn't be impressed by hair makeup and new clothes...? They were on a date there after the long separation? Maybe?

Did Gabby take those pics without Brian? Like, did she go there alone that weekend? and then post a few days later? It's only 40 minutes from SLC and would be something fun to do alone to visit the shops and stuff around there. But...also sounds like Gabby didn't like driving the van. I don't know what I'm saying...just speculating about reasons why B went to FL and what happened when he got back. IMO!

Can you post the source of the pics you’re referring to please?

I agree. Not only that, but his father asked him to come home to help him. He knew Gabby and BL were planning a 4 month trip and saw them fitting the van out. He could have done all that himself over a number of days, asked a friend or hired someone to help him. IIRC it was only the size of a locker, not something large that you might find at a storage facility. It makes no sense to me. Something smells.
I agree it stinks! There is some hidden reason BL flew home. Has the locker been confirmed? It could of waited? What did it cost? Airfare is allot and so was hotel room what are we missing here?

I don't believe for one minute that BL has been swallowed by an alligator. But if he was, there would be no way to identify which animal ate him in a place with 1000 alligators. So dissection of an alligator is never going to happen in this case, in my opinion.

Unless a stingray led LE to a group of ne'er'do well gators hanging out on the bad side of the swamp with a cell signal and a ticking clock coming from their belly. (excuse the Peter Pan reference)

This was along the lines I was thinking. After the traffic stop things were clearly amped up between them and anxiety was high.

He could have needed a refill for meds and his prescribing doctor wanted to see him in person first. Web based therapy and/or doctor visits don’t always suffice with mental illness.
LE asked if he was on meds when they stopped him in Moab.
He told them he was not.

I am curious about something. In your experience do clients tend to tell Attorneys the whole truth, or do you find they still hold information back even from the Attorney trying to represent and defend them?

They lie. Or omit or shade. Sometimes well and sometimes poorly. Sometimes intentionally, occasionally not.

Upside of lying sometimes - may seem to give your lawyer more to work with in terms of creating a defense, BUT
Downside of lying - you risk your whole planned defense getting torpedoed when a damning piece of evidence shows up in the middle of your trial/hearing.

And fwiw, clients do this in non-criminal, even non-litigation matters as well. Shareholder matters, terms of corporate or business transactions - anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv