Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took 6 days to move stuff out of a storage locker?
The supposed purpose of the trip back to FL was the whole "storage moving" story. OF COURSE it didn't really take 6 days...and good old dad 's help wasn't needed, if in fact that was the purpose of the trip. What BL did for six days is not known. I made that remark sarcastically...because their goofy lawyer has said he has no idea where this storage locker is...but supposedly his client helped his son move stuff from it and failed to tell his attorney about it and where the locker is located. And if indeed Gabby's stuff was moved to their house, why is it that no one knows where Gabby's belongings are???? JMO

Imagine, if you will, that you have been traveling for 6+ weeks and you have to fly home for something. Would you fly home on Tuesday, move your stuff Wednesday and then fly right back? Or maybe, would you consider staying a few more days since the flight costs the same either way.
Something else had to be going on there. Maybe his parents didn't want him to go back? Jmo

Maybe this has already been done somewhere, I don't know, but I would really like to see a timeline based on official LE communications.

I know it would be really sparse.

Yes. I made the same mistake earlier. WFLA really needs to do better work removing formerly live broadcasts from its currently live linky.

BBM
100% agree.
I had posted a while back that perhaps the timeline could be color coded:

Black = FACTS (ie. Per LE)
Red = According to Atty SB , CL & RL Loundrie
Blue = Per verified WS source.

My suggestion still stands.

Imagine, if you will, that you have been traveling for 6+ weeks and you have to fly home for something. Would you fly home on Tuesday, move your stuff Wednesday and then fly right back? Or maybe, would you consider staying a few more days since the flight costs the same either way.
I would first question... why the emergency to move everything out NOW?

Pretty sure there is NO emergency to get things moved right then, at least regarding the storage unit people.
Perhaps with BL there was though. Hmmmmm

Then I would say, I will move it when we return home.

I mean...they were on an adventure together, correct ???

who flies home in the middle of an fun adventure ???

Hmmmmm

The woman in the van who saw Gabby's van on several nights in that same spot said she was surprised they stayed there because it was not a designated campsite.

The spot the van parked is not the same "camping site" where her body was found. And if you have spent anytime in the backcountry, or for that matter anywhere people might camp including homeless camps, people camp where they aren't supposed to all the time.

I dont think we should read too much into the times they posted pics. "Social media influencers" always post old pics when they don't have enough fresh content. Their youtube had footage from the 2019 road trip to california too..Also they didn't have wifi/phone service everywhere her mom said it was normal not to hear from her for a couple days. JMO

There's also zit days, and bad hair days, and period cramps and bloating days. Influencers are selling a dream, not reality.

Well poop , I just caught a minute of Banfield tonight on NewsNation and heard something about "evidence of a small campfire"-- but I didn't hear WHERE! I know there was a pickup in activity at the reserve again today. Is that where it was found? Sorry if it's already been talked about. Like many others, I can't even come close to catching up with all the threads. (If I could listen to all the comments instead of having to read them all, I might have had a small chance in keeping up the pace with all of you!)

The campfire news tonight regarded the Reserve. MOO

Here are links to all pics of the scene and when you look at them together you can easily orient yourself MOO. You can see the 2 separate areas where they collected evidence and the 2 separate crosses, one laid at each area.

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

Wyoming U.S. District Court issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in Petito case

Spread Creek area closed in search for Gabby Petito

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

MOO

Last edited:
The spot the van parked is not the same "camping site" where her body was found. And if you have spent anytime in the backcountry, or for that matter anywhere people might camp including homeless camps, people camp where they aren't supposed to all the time.
it was the woman in the van who said that.

Isn't that the point of "dispersed camping"? It means camping outside of a designated campground.
Yes, but I think people were not allowed to park or car camp at the spot where the van was parked. It was off to the side of what looks to be a narrow road and that may be why?
It is almost like he wanted a ranger to find the van by leaving it there. Jmo

Right. I think people are losing what I'm saying because they think I'm "defending" Brian. My point was that I don't think he "beat her to death." I think, if he killed her, it was a blow that might not otherwise have killed her, but did because of the circumstances. jmo
And this is one reason LE isn’t announcing the manner of death. IMOO if BL is found alive it’s in LE’s interest to let BL give his version of events that led to her death.

I'm surprised to hear that as well. Early on when they were showing the clip of the helicopter flying over the area someone was interviewing the reporters and asked them how they found out the body had been identified as Gabby. One of the reporters said that an FBI person had told them that body parts were found. Immediately after that, they switched to the term human remains. It was the only time I heard body parts and I posted here asking if anyone else had heard it and a few posters confirmed that they were watching and heard it too!
I heard it too

I'm not saying it was a designated campsite. Just saying that the place where the van was parked looked like a place that was an obvious and easy spot to park with plenty of room and had been used before for that purpose. In that case, you would expect that any place around there would be a likely site for a campsite. Campers in "dispersed" camp sites are not notorious rule followers imo

Right. In the body cam video when asked about the mark on his wrist he sort of covers it and say, "oh, thats from a wire." My confidence rating is pretty high that the wire in question was barbed wire that he and gabby went through to either explore or set up a camp. yeah, not notorious rule followers.

She actually looks quite fit and healthy. Beautiful, clear skin and very healthy hair. Eyes are bright and alert. Lots of energy.

Her height and weight are fine. While it's true this is no longer "average" in America <modsnip> I joined the military in 1985 at 5'8, 108 lbs and passed all health checks and physical tests with flying colors. Most of the other female recruits were around my size as well. We were all just fine. I'm now at 120 lbs, BMI 18.2, and I'm just fine. Gabby looks like she is doing just fine at 18.3.

Agree! Also her size and his size aren't of importance if a weapon was used. That makes the most sense until more info becomes available imo. He is slight in stature for a man (imo but we grow them big here in the midwest). BL does not appear physically powerful though more powerful physically than a petite female. I think either a rock or gun or skateboard or some type of weapon was used against her. Also he appears lazy imo and he could use the least amount of effort to severely injure her if he used a weapon. He would also incur multiple injuries if there had been a struggle or if he had used his bare hands (scratches, bruises, etc.) which didn't jump out in the photos his sister released that she claimed were taken after the homicide during the camping trip with his family. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The woman in the van who saw Gabby's van on several nights in that same spot said she was surprised they stayed there because it was not a designated campsite.
The passerby said the van was parked near the road and that the van appeared empty. That leads me to think he took her for that 5 minute walk from the van and across the creek where her body was found. After she’s murdered, does he leave the van there to take off on his hitch hiking expedition to Jackson? And then return to the van so he has a ride back to Florida ?

I think it might be easier for Gabby's family if he's deceased.

In the long run, that might help the healing process. They wouldn't have to endure a trial or wonder if he gets out early for good behavior.

And, if he was convicted of anything less than Murder 1, it could leave emotional scars.

My personal opinion, is that Gabby's death was either a crime of passion or some kind of accident during an argument. I don't believe BL is a psychopath or a stone cold killer. He strikes me as someone who caused a death or an event that led to a death and what with the traffic stop with LE and the DV issue he panicked and just left her there right near the creek and she stayed there for nearly 3 weeks.

His actions to evade consequence is immature. It's also completely devoid of any empathy for her parents and a lack of respect toward a woman he loved.

Even if they weren't fighting before they went to that spot to set up camp, I'm sure it was miserable after having to walk through that water to get to that spot. Imagine being wet when the sun went down and the temperatures dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen