Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get behind that. What I can't get behind though, is everything that came before.

What's super odd though, is they haven't made repeated direct appeals to their son to turn himself in.

One of the Newsday articles yesterday, I believe, contained a statement to the effect that the parents haven't been making public appeals because they don't believe BL is watching the news and is just camping. Who knows if that is true or not, but it stuck out to me because it was the first time i had seen any sort of explanation for why they were not making public appeals. JMO

Goodmorning everyone!

What do you guys think are the possibilities of BL being found this week? He must be holing up somewhere, Seeing as his parents claim he only left with a backpack, he might have prepared a hidey hole somewhere with more supplies?

How do you "accidentally strangle" someone? It takes quite a few minutes so I can't see how that could ever be classed as an accident.

Like you, I do think that maybe it was an accident or unplanned.
Warning—graphic.

I was just reading up on this….if done correctly, it can take as little as 10 seconds for a victim to lose consciousness, and 97% of DV strangulation deaths are accompanied by blunt force trauma. I doubt BL would have done it totally correctly, but if she was already semi- or unconscious, it wouldn’t have taken long.
Source: Strangulation Can Leave Long-Lasting Injuries
MOO

Last edited:
Bertolino usually leaks out some changing story when something comes about that seems to put the heat on. I am going to guess that the FBI is doing this with deliberation…little by little, putting the pressure on

I really doubt that the FBI is communicating with him about “any” developments…that statement he made to CNN is very misleading.

Let’s see what happens today…and what “new” story comes out.

I got a feeling today is the day. The whole deal with the dad going in and helping--he's not a search and rescue guy, so what is the real agenda. It would have made sense 2 weeks ago but now it is late in the game. This makes me think that FBI has eyes on BL, and if nothing else if BL is in there, he must be a psychological disaster, tired, hungry and scared. Could just be wishful thinking. . . JMO.

JMO here but I said the other day I think it’s a little ironic that the whole Petito family started talking this week on Twitter and to media. Also, Cassie started talking (even if she says audibly she might get in trouble). I think now with the development that FBI asked Chris Laundrie to help them search for Brian that FBI may be attempting to make a plea to BL’s emotions. I think it’s also possible they want to see how much CL knows about Carlton Reserve and how familiar he is with where BL is (even though I believe they know).

I think FBI is going to be watching him very closely for a slip of the tongue if he aids in the search so they can use that against him if they decide to press charges against he and Roberta for aiding and abetting. I do think it’s interesting that FBI asked him to aid in the search and then decided to not allow him to come out yesterday to the reserve. Is SB or the Laundries communicating with BL right now? Did they tip him off that his dad was coming to join the search? Is this what FBI wanted… to get BL moving because daddy knows exactly where he is? FBI would have every inch of that house bugged so they would know if communication was taking place. The former FBI agent of 25 year on Brian Entin’s show night before last thought the Laundries may be communicating with BL via the attorney.

My next question for SB is when was CL asked by the FBI to aid in the search?

Here’s the video of the former FBI agent:
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445558329170792451?s=21

Last edited:
Goodmorning everyone!

What do you guys think are the possibilities of BL being found this week? He must be holing up somewhere, Seeing as his parents claim he only left with a backpack, he might have prepared a hidey hole somewhere with more supplies?

Plenty of time to get a hiding place ready and full of supplies but if the plan is not to come back he could be out of the USA. We don't know if Brian has a time limit on his hiding or if it is for the long term. For long term he could be in Mexico or South America.

The articles say that they wanted him to show them what trails BL was known to use.

But once they found the recently used campsite they told him to hold off, they wanted to search alone.

There was reported to be a heightened FBI presence there today (as well as a pump-out truck, I believe). So it well may be that they found something that sparked their interest ... like a recently used campsite.

Exactly. Regardless of what SB may have said after the fact, SOMETHING brought LE out in force yesterday. I don't think it was SB calling in a tip that there was a campsite - SB was providing a statement after the fact about what had been found. It may or may not be true that it was a campsite found (personally I think that sounds reasonable), but SBs credibility has nothing to do with yesterday's search that we all saw online that happened before any statements from SB. IMO

Last edited:
The camp was] in an area where there are a few trees and there were the remnants of a fire ring there. You can see where the rocks had been moved to make a fire ring and there was a clearing where I would assume -- knowing that I have a similar tent -- that I would place my tent," he went on, then added. "Her body was found -- what would be -- in front of the tent if that’s what was there or in front of the fire ring.
Gabby Petito's Body Discovered Near Campsite A '5 Minute Walk' From Spot Where Her & Brian Laundrie's Van Was Likely Parked

Thank you. :)

Thanks to @willyengland also. Guess I need to watch that Dr Phil show. I had been avoiding doing so, because I didn't want to watch Gabby's family in their grief.

Plenty of time to get a hiding place ready and full of supplies but if the plan is not to come back he could be out of the USA. We don't know if Brian has a time limit on his hiding or if it is for the long term. For long term he could be in Mexico or South America.

I agree, I did think that if he was smart, and with the headstart he had, he would try to make it to Mexico/South America and just lay down low. I do hope his parents are being closely monitored on their communications, since he might want to make contact at some point.

I do think it’s interesting that FBI asked him to aid in the search ........

Yes, I think it is interesting also. I think it is possible that they may want to study his body language. Perhaps they may have an expert there as well (unknown to him) who will study that and make some profiling observations.
That is, when they allow him to search with them, of course.

Just seen on News Nation, The FBI has ask CL to help in the search, reporter is unsure of which day he will be helping.

SO now SB says it may have been the FBI. Not sure how a lawyer mixes up which agency asked...

"The North Port Police Department emphatically denied requesting the dad’s assistance, but the lawyer, Steven Bertolino, was adamant that “law enforcement” wants the family’s help and suggested it may have been the FBI that made the request.

The feds declined to comment."

Police searching for Brian Laundrie find fresh camp in Carlton Reserve

I agree, I did think that if he was smart, and with the headstart he had, he would try to make it to Mexico/South America and just lay down low. I do hope his parents are being closely monitored on their communications, since he might want to make contact at some point.

Possible there is contact through the family's attorney. Attorney client privilege. Burner phones.

Did I read correctly, that GP was found 40 feet from the National Park? Does that change things in terms of potential charges?

SO now SB says it may have been the FBI. Not sure how a lawyer mixes up which agency asked...

"The North Port Police Department emphatically denied requesting the dad’s assistance, but the lawyer, Steven Bertolino, was adamant that “law enforcement” wants the family’s help and suggested it may have been the FBI that made the request.

The feds declined to comment."

Police searching for Brian Laundrie find fresh camp in Carlton Reserve

It has to be FBI. They are leading the investigation and Bertolino would be absolutely ignorant to lie and say they were asked to participate. You don’t make up lies about the FBI. But, I’m sure the FBI told them to keep quiet about it hence SB being vague and using the word “may”.

They say it was a recently used campfire campsite. And the reserve has been closed since 21st September ... which is over 2 weeks.

So I wonder whose campsite it is. If it is not BL's campsite, there is another who is in there despite the reserve being closed.

Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

(EBM)
Exactly, campsite does not necessarily mean campfire, could be shelter, etc

Did I read correctly, that GP was found 40 feet from the National Park? Does that change things in terms of potential charges?

I don't think so. Someone explained way back in the threads that while Gabby was found outside the National Park she was still on federal land of some kind. (Can't remember what the federal land was called.)

One of the Newsday articles yesterday, I believe, contained a statement to the effect that the parents haven't been making public appeals because they don't believe BL is watching the news and is just camping. Who knows if that is true or not, but it stuck out to me because it was the first time i had seen any sort of explanation for why they were not making public appeals. JMO
I can understand that but I still would on the chance that the message would get to him through someone else, leave no stone unturned theory. SB could make the statement, assuming he gets it right ;), on their behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevi4200