Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early on it was mentioned that a group related to the preserve had game cameras throughout the property. I wonder if one of those picked up something and that's what sparked the renewed search efforts yesterday?

Police found remnants of a campsite in the closed Florida park where they are looking for Brian Laundrie (msn.com)

The source said that police had previously involved Laundrie's father in the search, but stopped including him on Wednesday after finding the remains of the campsite, CNN reported.

Is this new information that B's Dad had been involved searching previously, or did I miss this somehow?

I think it is just the wording. He had previously been asked to join in the search (previously, as in just yesterday) but once they found the recently used campsite they said they wanted to search alone.

Is this a new factoid (from above link): "Phone records show her cell had been turned off since about Aug. 27." ??
‘No service in Yosemite,’ reads the text from GPs cell phone, sent August 30 to her mother.
That's what Mike Schmidt wrote on a timeline memo of Gabby's last known whereabouts.

Last edited:
I'm wondering, why LE was so certain that BL is in the reserve from early on.
I haven't read anything in this regard.
I remember reading an article that said 3 dogs independently followed a path within the reserve. I can't find it now but it was definitely an article, not a post/ comment. That doesn't necessarily mean it's accurate but it rated higher on my hmmm scale. Could be total crap though, so grain of salt.

Police found remnants of a campsite in the closed Florida park where they are looking for Brian Laundrie (msn.com)

The source said that police had previously involved Laundrie's father in the search, but stopped including him on Wednesday after finding the remains of the campsite, CNN reported.

Is this new information that B's Dad had been involved searching previously, or did I miss this somehow?

Weird. I would think with all the reporters watching the Laundries' house, someone would have noticed him coming and going.

Goodness but doesn't it make you wonder which "source close to the Laundry family" would be calling Chris Cuomo.

I think it is just the wording. He had previously been asked to join in the search (previously, as in just yesterday) but once they found the recently used campsite they said they wanted to search alone.
The wording is poor, as it makes me think he was already out there help searching. However, I think you are correct.

Exactly. If he is alive, he will run out of money, and as we all know, you need a certain amount of those green coupons with pictures of dead presidents on them to get by in this world. And he has a price on his head. It's a matter of time before he comes out, someone recognizes him, and he's captured. IMHO.

This may be the reason why the Laundries are supposedly starting this cooperation, they know whatever assistance they may have given him in the past is now depleted and they can no longer help him stay on the run. jmo

I remember reading an article that said 3 dogs independently followed a path within the reserve. I can't find it now but it was definitely an article, not a post/ comment. That doesn't necessarily mean it's accurate but it rated higher on my hmmm scale. Could be total crap though, so grain of salt.
I like "the grain of salt" , it gives a take or leave it, keep it in mind perspective to a thread that moves fast and can get derailed or muddy quick. SO grain of salt.

So where did the Aug. 30th, "Yosemite" text originate? Are they talking Friday, Sept. 15th? That would mean cell was after after the 30th.

This article has conflicting info (other than the 27th info).

The warrant states that Ms Petito’s phone was switched off on 31 August or 1 September.
Gabby Petito search warrant reveals ‘odd’ final text message to mother

I have been looking for the actual search warrant, to clarify for myself, but I can't find it any more.

I've done this a bunch of times now and was going to quit beating it into oblivion, but since you asked.

While I personally believe the coming home was a cooling off period, it is also economically feasible if they were planning to continue their trip into an extended vanlife tour of the West Coast. They also could have wanted some stuff they left in storage that they didn't need for a 4 month trip but would for a year long trip. and/or they wanted to exchange out some stuff from what they had in the van to storage. He did give away one of his skateboards and maybe the guitar was taking up too much space. Add it all up together and you can make it make sense. Or maybe, he forgot to remove the storage key from his keyring and no one else could get into it.

I also follow other vanlife and boatlife channels and have seen quite a few times where one or both of the people fly home for differing reasons mid trip.

Is it possible that their storage unit contract was expiring, which could have forced them into another year-long contract? I have never rented a storage unit, so I am not sure, but that is the only thing that makes logical sense as to why it would be cheaper to buy a plane ticket than pay for a storage unit for 1 year.

However it is completely within their power to answer the P family's phone calls when the L's son returns back to the home without GP. If GP lived in my house and my son returned from a cross country trip without her, I would be calling GP to see if she's ok and I would be on the phone with her family asking what I can do to help and give them whatever information I had. They failed to do any of that. IMO.
Jmo Imagine you are sitting down to dinner with hubbie and your beloved son. You get a text text from GPs mom asking where is GP. Well, being a mom you knew something wasn't right about the story your son told you, but you thought by now whatever happened she'd be back with her mom or dad. You don't answer the text right away because you can just ask your son sitting right there.

Sometime later you are still sitting paralyzed in shock and fear. GP us dead, your son's life is over.

Now, I ask you, as a mother, what do you say in a text reply to the last message on your phone? Unless you are as cold and heartless as BL you aren't going to reply with any lies to the family at moment. And I don't think you are ready to admit to the world the truth about your son. Your probably gonna do nothing until saying nothing becomes easier than admitting it

No, not new.

The message (on Aug 27th) is the last known communication anyone had with Petito, and following the exchange, her cellphone ceased being operational ....
Petito's cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days as of Friday, the warrant said.

Gabby Petito's mother said the final text she received from her daughter's phone was 'odd' and concerning, according to search warrant
Sep 21, 2021

This is a bit sloppy reporting, though. The search warrant affidavit says verbatim:

"Her cell phone has been turned off for approximately 15 days and there have been no sightings of her since August 27th, 2021". (Section 10)

The warrant was dated September 15, a Wednesday (not Friday). So this would point to a switch off date around the 30th/31st, not the 27th.

In Section 5 and 6, the warrant suggests that the message from 27th was the last communication, though, so the warrant itself is a bit inconsistent. However, if we believe the more detailed section 10, this would align much better with the "Yosemite" message.

Details revealed about search warrant of Laundrie home

So where did the Aug. 30th, "Yosemite" text originate?

Exactly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members