Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that their storage unit contract was expiring, which could have forced them into another year-long contract? I have never rented a storage unit, so I am not sure, but that is the only thing that makes logical sense as to why it would be cheaper to buy a plane ticket than pay for a storage unit for 1 year.
I can't say what their contract was, but I've had many storage units over the years. It's always been on a month by month basis.

This is incorrect reporting, though. The search warrant affidavit says verbatim:

"Her cell phone has been turned off for approximately 15 days and there have been no sightings of her since August 27th, 2021". (Section 10)

The warrant was signed on September 15, a Wednesday (not Friday). So this would point to a switch off date around the 30th, not the 27th.

Details revealed about search warrant of Laundrie home

Exactly.

I brought this up a few threads back, but the responses kind of made me feel stupid for even bringing it up so I just dropped it. There was a screenshot floating around of the text NS received, but I cannot find it anywhere. I know other people remember seeing it. I was wondering if it possibly came from GP's iPad?

Jmo Imagine you are sitting down to dinner with hubbie and your beloved son. You get a text text from GPs mom asking where is GP. Well, being a mom you knew something wasn't right about the story your son told you, but you thought by now whatever happened she'd be back with her mom or dad. You don't answer the text right away because you can just ask your son sitting right there.

Sometime later you are still sitting paralyzed in shock and fear. GP us dead, your son's life is over.

Now, I ask you, as a mother, what do you say in a text reply to the last message on your phone? Unless you are as cold and heartless as BL you aren't going to reply with any lies to the family at moment. And I don't think you are ready to admit to the world the truth about your son. Your probably gonna do nothing until saying nothing becomes easier than admitting it
I think that's a good point about the Laundrie parents being "paralyzed with shock." I am not their fan, but they are human. Anybody would be in shock to learn their child "lost" his partner somewhere out west and came home without her. However, as time went by they needed to face reality but kept avoiding it. You can kinda see where BL gets his runaway behavior because his parents wanted to sidestep everything and hide from the truth.

what could Chris actually do in a search though?
like walk around yelling out 'Brian! Brian!'?

I mean if it was someone I loved missing that is what I would want to do
but I don't how useful it would actually be?
Perfect. This is one reason why they don’t allow volunteers, especially family, on most backcountry SAR. They think the search is about beating the bushes and yelling loved ones’ names. Actually, searches are quiet. You have to be able to hear the missing person.

And how crazy is it that LE would take daddy into a potential crime scene, when he could just point out BL’s favorite hidey holes on a map?

These folks and their attorney are so far off the mark, you gotta wonder…

Brian Laundrie's parents are 'hopeful' they'll be able to assist in the search for their son soon, attorney says

The parents of Brian Laundrie, the missing Florida man who is a person of interest in the case of his deceased fiancé, Gabby Petito, are "hopeful" they'll be able to join the search for their missing son soon, the family's lawyer told Insider.

Attorney Steven Bertolino said Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta, still believe their son is somewhere in Sarasota County's vast Carlton Reserve, where he is said to have told his family he was going for a hike the last time they saw him on September 13. Laundrie's parents told authorities he left with only a backpack.

Bertolino said Laundrie's father, Chris, was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve on Wednesday, but was forced to postpone his involvement on orders from North Port Police.

"Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be," Bertolino said.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added.

Laundrie's parents initially told authorities they had last seen him on September 14, but changed their story via their lawyer earlier this week, saying it had actually been on September 13.

This is beyond infuriating! So they’re eager to help find their missing son, but they refused to answer any requests from the Petito family to help find Gabby. It appears to be a setup by their attorney to make the Laundries look like caring, helpful people, which they are not, in my opinion. As I said in an earlier thread, I believe this was triggered by their daughter speaking out first.

I missed this little I piece of info from earlier:
There are also highly sensitive listening devices that law enforcement can use to pick up even the lowest audible sounds and movement. But that is assuming Laundrie is actually in the preserve and alive.
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/search-for-brian-laundrie-continues-at-carlton-reserve

eta:
Josh Taylor, the North Port police spokesperson, said on Monday that the initial search of the preserve turned up no clues of Laundrie's whereabouts there and that bloodhounds and K-9 units did not pick up Laundrie's scent.
Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida in early August, family attorney says: Updates

Last edited:
This is incorrect reporting, though. The search warrant affidavit says verbatim:

"Her cell phone has been turned off for approximately 15 days and there have been no sightings of her since August 27th, 2021". (Section 10)

The warrant was signed on September 15, a Wednesday (not Friday). So this would point to a switch off date around the 30th, not the 27th.

Details revealed about search warrant of Laundrie home

Exactly.

On an apple device, I believe you can send a "text" from a computer or Ipad that is logged in to the person's Icloud account. I do not personally have an apple device so I could definitely be wrong. MOO

‘No service in Yosemite,’ reads the text from GPs cell phone, sent August 30 to her mother.
Curious what time the 27th text was sent also, that was the "Stan" text. I think that both the "Stan" text and the "Yosemite" text were sent to her mom from Gabby's phone. The phone was probably off, in between those texts, but since neither were texts that Gabby herself sent, it is assumed that the last time GABBY was known to use her phone was August 27th. I still think that BL gave his parents a heads-up that he was on his way home, I think on the 30th or 31st. Wondering if he used Gabby's phone for that notification, too. (I think that's why RL canceled their sept 1-3 camping plan), because the golden boy was coming home. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels