Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian has a federal arrest warrant for using her cards after her death from August 30-September 1. That text message was sent on August 30.
Actually @saact is correct. No one knows her time of death. The federal arrest warrant states "on or about Aug 30 to on or about sept 1." that is a flexible time range it surely does not mean she died on Aug 30.

I am well aware of the charges thank you. So...if there is reasonable explanation for why he left with the card while she was alive that means he is guilty of theft which is far from murder. We don't know anything about the bank account and if he deposited money into her account before or shared money.
I'm just trying to look at this unbiased as possible as difficult as it is.

Retired banker here. You can't share accounts, debit cards, pin numbers, etc. You share your account you will get grief and possibly a jail sentence. Don't do it! I see this posted at least once a day. Why do people think they can make their own rules about property ownership and bank accounts? It is shocking to me how entitled people are. SMH.

I realize people don't like SB and want to make fun of him, but I have never seen him contradict himself once through his texts. If anything, it was just a confusion. The date that BL left the house was contradiction on the parents part. So can anyone point out where he contradicted himself? Someone was adamant but couldn't show me any of the proofs because I believe they have been reading fake texts circulating twitter.

The lawyer's job - especially when also serving as the exclusive family spokesperson - is to be factually correct. Not hammering down the date and time exactly is part of that. There has been video on Brian Entin's Twitter (which any good attorney would be monitoring) showing the vehicle was not in the driveway on the night of the 14th but was on the night of the 15th.

He made statements in the present tense on behalf of Brian Laundrie between September 14 and 16th. BL didn't return home from his "hike" on the 13th. So is Bertolino lying about their last day of contact with BL or was he making statements on behalf of a client who was missing-but-not-reported-missing at the time?

Maybe....maybe his loyalty is to her and her/their reputation, nothing else. Young love and those passions. Maybe something happened that would be terribly, horrifically embarrassing to her/him/them and he is protecting her by disappearing. I know we have clips of dissention, but we also have a regular, consistent history of love reflected in pictures, and videos, too.

I think it's too easy to presume his guilt. It is harder to pretend you are on a jury where he IS presumed innocent, if he is in fact ever charged with such a crime. And he may be guilty of this horror, but someone else may be, too...if he is innocent, maybe he is waiting for that other to be found....if not, I am convinced he is dead, likely from guilt. MOO.

I've thought along these lines also - something potentially so embarrassing for both of them ? that he would not want to discuss or admit any of it with LE or anyone else. It could have been something that started out OK and then went horribly wrong.
But then he still left her there and didn't report her location, even anonymously.
In any case, he has a problem facing up to reality. If he's alive, he will be caught, and things will come out at trial anyway.

JMO

Per SB the attorney for BL it was paid out of GPs account.

Moo....BL said he didn't have the money for a hotel room. I think if he had ask GP for HER card to pay a hotel bill, it would have been another red flag for LE.

What I don't understand, if BL had money of his own, why didn't he have his own checking account? He worked at Publix per the media.

At anytime GP and BL could have added BLs name to GPs account or opened a joint account. I believe it was GPs money.

Moo....
I got the impression that he had heard about the free room before the officer asked if he had money for a room. Seems with an opportunity for a freebie, he may have stretched the truth a bit.

Retired banker here. You can't share accounts, debit cards, pin numbers, etc. You share your account you will get grief and possibly a jail sentence. Don't do it! I see this posted at least once a day. Why do people think they can make their own rules about property ownership and bank accounts? It is shocking to me how entitled people are. SMH.
To be clear, I'm not promoting to do such actions. Fact is, people do it ! I'm stating what people do and what BL and GP may have been doing.
I'm well aware that it's illegal.
MOO

Hell, I got trackers for my daughter's trip across the country, she didn't like it LOL, but I told it it was either this or facetime me once she got where she was going for the evening, and I had to make sure she recharged it . It was the best 100 bucks spent for a little peace of mind.

Its not perfect though across Montana service was spotty but I especially liked it you could have it send notifications when it was moving etc.
Smart! MOO

Actually @saact is correct. No one knows her time of death. The federal arrest warrant states "on or about Aug 30 to on or about sept 1." that is a flexible time range it surely does not mean she died on Aug 30.
In order for the warrant on the bank fraud use of her card to be valid, the FBI must believe that she was dead on or before Aug. 30th. Could have been as early as Aug. 27th, We just don't know yet. He was definitely NOT authorized to use her card after her death, even if he had permission when she was alive.

Brian has a federal arrest warrant for using her cards after her death from August 30-September 1. That text message was sent on August 30.

Very true. The press release specifically stated that the charges were related to events after Gabrielle Petito's death. And the dates given on the indictment were 8/30-9/1. So the latest she could have died based on those statements by the DoJ would have been sometime on 8/30. Then he could have used the card later the same day as he starts his return to Florida.

What time was the Yosemite text sent?

Don't know, hadn't heard that. The violation cited in the incident was abandonment. MOO

Most parks close at dark with the exception of camping areas. Cars unattended after closing are considered abandoned. There is usually signage.
Cars are tagged if found after closing, serves as record for the first date. Usually a sticker with the date, a report completed. If the car is not removed within the given time, it could be towed.

I see tagged cars frequently on interstate.
Moo...

Last edited:
I've thought along these lines also - something potentially so embarrassing for both of them ? that he would not want to discuss or admit any of it with LE or anyone else. It could have been something that started out OK and then went horribly wrong.
But then he still left her there and didn't report her location, even anonymously.
In any case, he has a problem facing up to reality. If he's alive, he will be caught, and things will come out at trial anyway.

JMO

I’d considered this as well. Without getting too speculative, some type of rendezvous with others gone wrong. MOO.

BBM. Can you explain how this protects her?
I think that depends on what happened that night. I am saying it is possible, he may be protecting her reputation. Maybe they engaged in something that would be considered frowned upon. He may not want to be involved at all in anyone knowing what that is. Remember...the world doesn't need to know what the FBI knows....
MOO!!!!

For those who had an opportunity to see Part 2 of Dr. Phil (I have still not had the opportunity to see it), did the parents talk about cash withdrawals? I got the sense that this was not simply using a debit card for gas but actually taking out $ and I have always wondered if this is the $ he has with him on the run (in other words, if his run was pre-planned). This is MOO and I am curious to know if they discussed this. Thank you! MOO. IMO. Not fact.

My wife's phone doesn't always get my text when I send them. Sometimes she doesn't get them until the next day or later. I have been sitting next to her when her phone dinged and a 2 day old message was delivered. Thy were in an area with spotty service, its possible that the text was sent when she was alive and didn't actually get sent until the van left the area with the phone in it and it connected to a cell tower. Why her phone was in the van without her is a whole other matter the defense will have to tackle.
From the phone records, they will be able to determine the date that the text was sent. It was received by Gabby's mother on the 30th. So it was sent on the 30th at the very latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member