Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
A similar scenario has crossed my mind.

This is long, folks, but stick with me...

I've watched the video filmed by Red, White and Bethune, of them passing in their van, and for whatever reason, each time I watch it I get the chills, and I've watched it a good few times now. It was giving me the chills even before it was revealed that GP's body was found not far away.

It's the setting and location that gives me the heebie-jeebies, and here's why:

As we know, Gabby's van was parked in a place that was very visible to passing vehicles (the van of Red, White and Bethune being a prime example), yet at the same time it was away from the main camp ground and parked in an undesignated spot, if I understand correctly.

It did strike me that - as a woman - if I was camping alone or sleeping in the van alone in that spot, I'd feel very, very vulnerable.

The van is far enough away from other campers who could come to your aid if need be, but somewhere where a passing vehicle - driven by an opportunist with unsavoury intentions - could quite easily spot that there was a female there alone.

And the darkness - it would be absolutely pitch black there! There were trees that someone could've hidden behind and watched her, not to mention the fact that the van was positioned close to the little footbridge that was an 'escape route' for a perpetrator in terms of quickly getting her body out of sight of any other vehicles driving past.

When Red, White and Bethune approached the van door was pulled shut from the inside - was this GP in there alone feeling a little unsafe and afraid?

These thoughts are obviously based on the presumption that at some point, BL took off on foot, leaving GP in the van alone.

Maybe they'd had another argument and he took off for some head space in his beloved wilderness, and she stayed behind to work on her beloved blog (the two things that were seemingly pulling them in opposite directions).

• Did he then return and find her gone?
  • Did he drive off without looking for her as he was still sulking from their earlier fall-out?
  • Did he look for her and find her body then fly into a blind panic thinking he didn't stand a chance of this not being pinned on him, especially after the Moab traffic stop by police.

Although BL's actions indicate otherwise, we can't rule out that something along those lines actually happened.

MOO, JMO etc

BBM. I can rule it out. The Feds are not conducting a million dollar manhunt for a dude that panicked.

Why do I think I can make my own rules? Because I can. I know plenty of people who do this kind of thing on a daily basis. Nobody cares about bank rules. Bank rules and the rule of law are two different things.

The point here is that 18 USC 1029 makes the "bank rules" a felony. Whether people routinely commit felonies is another question.

The point of 18 USC 1029 is to protect banks and other corporations by making unauthorized access to accounts a felony. It was part of a hacking bill and it is misused by the feds (IMO) all the time. But the key point is that the access is granted by the financial institution. So using someone's PIN to gain unauthorized access to their account (because it is unauthorized in the eyes of the bank) is a crime.

That's why credit cards allow you to add "authorized users" to your account who get their own cards and numbers associated with your account. The bank has on record that those authorized users are permitted to access the credit line and you agree you will pay for the charges they make.

In this case the law does not care about individual people stealing other people's money. It cares about banks having to be responsible to pay back the true owner when they claim unauthorized access by another person.

That would be a fun idea for a creative writing assignment or movie script, but I just can't see anyone in the real world going through the effort it would take to bother doing this. Ignoring all of the preparation, assuming you found a gator big enough, assuming you managed to lure and hand feed this animal that isn't conditioned to being fed by humans like farm gators are, I still think most people understand that gators can't digest glass and metal. So a phone is just going to be passed in the animal's waste (that's assuming it doesn't cause an obstruction and kill the gator). Wouldn't it be easier to take the phone apart and throw the parts into a swamp? Or any remote location in the thousands of miles between coasts?
Yep, you made me snort laugh and scare the dog. That's all. Not even an opinion this time. It's a fact!

Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.

there are certainly other persons that I find of interest, but the rules are the rules.
JMO

Is there any reason why police would need to find GPs or BLs actual phones? Would there be any information on the phones themselves that wouldn't be in iCloud/TikTok/Instagram/etc accounts that I assume law enforcement has already issued subpoenas for? MOO

That would be a fun idea for a creative writing assignment or movie script, but I just can't see anyone in the real world going through the effort it would take to bother doing this. Ignoring all of the preparation, assuming you found a gator big enough, assuming you managed to lure and hand feed this animal that isn't conditioned to being fed by humans like farm gators are, I still think most people understand that gators can't digest glass and metal. So a phone is just going to be passed in the animal's waste (that's assuming it doesn't cause an obstruction and kill the gator). Wouldn't it be easier to take the phone apart and throw the parts into a swamp? Or any remote location in the thousands of miles between coasts?
I'm just spitballing on that one. I'm in CA, and have no experience with gators other than what I've read/seen on TV, and don't have any desire to get near a gator or croc. They terrify me.

Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.
You hear about people going missing in National Parks, and there were/are others missing from the general vicinity where Gabby was found. It seems they very rarely ever catch National Park killers. If a stranger was involved in this case, I would think chances would be slim to none of them ever being found. So, I think Brian's gonna have to take this hit regardless of his guilt or innocence. It's so hard to grasp any of it without his explanation for what happened, if he does ultimately deny involvement in Gabby's tragic end.

Is there any reason why police would need to find GPs or BLs actual phones? Would there be any information on the phones themselves that wouldn't be in iCloud/TikTok/Instagram/etc accounts that I assume law enforcement has already issued subpoenas for? MOO
The last time she used it can pinpoint her time of death. He could have used his to contact people for assistance.

Sorry I wasn't clear above as far as which video I saw the vehicles. You can see these vehicles in the Bethune video. Here is a link to the Bethune video (the link is on the first page of every new thread in the second post)

if you pause it at minute 1:07 and ad 1:12, you can see each vehicle

ETA: there's also a link to the slow mo video (enhanced van video) on the from page but the link is no longer working. when you click on it, it takes you to something totally different

I noticed he said that the van doors were closed when they went past but people have said they saw the door being pulled shut. I could never see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn