Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie’s parents are likely going to be “invested in believing” their son even if he’s found guilty of the “worst of crimes,” according to a forensic psychiatrist.

“He may be guilty of the worst of crimes or the most depraved of crimes committed on Gabby, but at the same time, if he’s been in touch with his family, and he’s communicated to them an account, they’re going to be invested in believing him,” Dr. Michael Welner said during an interview on News Nation.

“And we have to expect that and we have to respect that because that’s a human nature that comes before any decision to cooperate with law enforcement.”
Laundrie's parents agree to help search as sleuths think he's in their garden

I’m following but there are a lot of posts so this may have been mentioned and I just missed it-

What role might covid masks be playing in his ability to hide? I’ve never believed BL was in the reserve, I’ve assumed from the start due to the inconsistent statements and position of his family that he is not where anyone in that circle has been pointing. With a face mask, hat and sunglasses, he could pretty easily avoid identification. He could get what he needed at the grocery store or gas station. And then head back to the woods. I do think his skill set, unavoidable costs of food and possibly fuel, and assumed financial limitations (since he’s probably planning on hiding for the long term) mean he is staying somewhere for free (Woods). But I think the face mask could be keeping this chase alive.

North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor tells Fox News' Claudia Kelly-Bazan on Friday that his department was "doing everything we could to keep an eye on [Brian Laundrie] legally."

"I can not talk about specifics. There was no campsite found" in the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Reserve, he added, and "no phones were in [the] van."

Ex-convict-turned-writer-and-producer Seth Ferranti tells 'Fox & Friends First' on Friday that “right now, Brian, wherever he is, there is tremendous mental burden on him, especially with the widespread scrutiny of this case.”

“Basically he just has to stay hiding in an apartment or camper somewhere or he is easily going to be seen," Ferranti said.

“I’m looking at that whole thing with his Dad coming to visit – or help the police – is it a ruse? Is it something that they even planned?” he added. “When I first became a fugitive I actually staged my suicide on the banks of the Potomac to throw off investigators, so I am kind of looking at that with some suspicion.”
Gabby Petito: Florida police say no phones located in van, no campsite found: LIVE UPDATES
I keep coming back to "doing everything we could to keep an eye on [Brian Laundrie] legally."

Many question here
Did LE not access risk after the van was impounded? Was an investigator assigned? Weren't they completing a forensic exam of the van?

Did LE access the risk of disappearance? BL had lawyered up, refused to speak with LE, and I'm not sure they laid eyes on him, except in video.

Did LE have a detective keeping an eye on BL? Does this require a warrant?

Moo...LE could have been more proactive after the van was impounded, but they were not. I want to know why? and what is the operating procedure for missing persons and were they followed. Who was assigned GPs MP case ?

LE in two states, in my opinion failed GP.

All Moo...

Re: Their engagement

It's possible GP did tell her mother they decided to wait to get married because they realized they were too young. But that may not have been true. That's what Rose says anyway. That GP told her her mother something that wasn't true about the engagement.

Also according to the Moab police report both GP and BL said they were engaged.

JMO
snipped by me for space.

Does anyone know the date they actually got engaged? Given I do not see an engagement ring I suspect it was spur of the moment or a bread crumb tossed to her by BL. JMO.

Good Morning WS Buds!
Interesting day, yesterday. I find myself more and more envisioning BL kicking back, safe and sound, fully stocked, eating tofu in a safe house, watching events unfold on a laptop. Despite the horrendous prospect of his son being consumed by ravenous reptiles, Dad managed to joke around with LE at the game preserve during his extensive one hour search. I suspect the only Crocs in this saga are: on BL's feet somewhere and buried deep in the narrative.

Headlines today suggest BL has been under surveillance since GP was reported missing. Whoopsie. He shape shifted, assumed liquid form, and flowed under the door out into the highways and byways disguised as a puddle. Something like that. Anyway, I doubt BL is bug bitten and surviving on rainwater and fire ants.

Ever hear of a snipe hunt? This one has cost the citizens of Florida $1.2+M and its been a doozy. The worst part of it is that its being done at the expense of justice for a young girl murdered and left to decompose on a dry creek bed out in the open. A girl so full of guileless light and life that her end has ignited the world's conscience. Well, ALMOST the whole world. The culprit didn't have the decency to throw a handful of soil on top of her after they robbed her of her life, bank card, van, and skedaddled. Consider the somber hunt for that body and the mirthful one yesterday. Quite a contrast.

So, one set of parents who once enjoyed the spirited company of a lively girl now own a small box of something no human would ever want to see and the other parents have camping, smores, the invisible man and stony silence.
MOO

Brian Laundrie’s parents are likely going to be “invested in believing” their son even if he’s found guilty of the “worst of crimes,” according to a forensic psychiatrist.

“He may be guilty of the worst of crimes or the most depraved of crimes committed on Gabby, but at the same time, if he’s been in touch with his family, and he’s communicated to them an account, they’re going to be invested in believing him,” Dr. Michael Welner said during an interview on News Nation.

“And we have to expect that and we have to respect that because that’s a human nature that comes before any decision to cooperate with law enforcement.”
Laundrie's parents agree to help search as sleuths think he's in their garden

I agree completely. We can't fault parents who deeply want to believe their child's account of the "facts."

Long story but it has taken me 20 years to arrive at the conclusion that the culprit in my cat's mysterious death, was my sweet collie, Danny. I side-stepped that likelihood by creating all sorts of scenarios to explain it satisfactorily to myself, for some closure. JMO
this is fantastic. :). but i am truly sorry for the kitty.

Good Morning WS Buds!
Interesting day, yesterday. I find myself more and more envisioning BL kicking back, safe and sound, fully stocked, eating tofu in a safe house, watching events unfold on a laptop. Despite the horrendous prospect of his son being consumed by ravenous reptiles, Dad managed to joke around with LE at the game preserve during his extensive one hour search. I suspect the only Crocs in this saga are: on BL's feet somewhere and buried deep in the narrative.

Headlines today suggest BL has been under surveillance since GP was reported missing. Whoopsie. He shape shifted, assumed liquid form, and flowed under the door out into the highways and byways disguised as a puddle. Something like that. Anyway, I doubt BL is bug bitten and surviving on rainwater and fire ants.

Ever hear of a snipe hunt? This one has cost the citizens of Florida $1.2+M and its been a doozy. The worst part of it is that its being done at the expense of justice for a young girl murdered and left to decompose on a dry creek bed out in the open. A girl so full of guileless light and life that her end has ignited the world's conscience. Well, ALMOST the whole world. The culprit didn't have the decency to throw a handful of soil on top of her after they robbed her of her life, bank card, van, and skedaddled. Consider the somber hunt for that body and the mirthful one yesterday. Quite a contrast.

So, one set of parents who once enjoyed the spirited company of a lively girl now own a small box of something no human would ever want to see and the other parents have camping, smores, the invisible man and stony silence.
MOO

Do you write professionally? If not you should.
your words speak to me. Powerful.

Is there so much attention at the Reserve to distract us from what is going on near the AT and now the Great Smokey Mtn NP (GSMNP)? DD states "...the man pulled his car up to his and asked for directions to California, but he did not want to take the Interstate ... he wanted to use back roads."
Brian Laundrie Alleged Sighting on Appalachian Trail, Hiker Claims

Then, MSM suggests there is a potential sighting on Hwy 321. Blount Co. woman claims she saw Brian Laundrie on Hwy. 321

These two alleged sightings work together and make sense as DD alleged he wanted to take a back roads. What backroads continue West from Hwy 321?
<modsnip> When he was out west, he ran straight home. Now he's going back out west? Seems very unlikely. I have a feeling this guy does not like unfamiliar places and would do very poorly all by himself. He doesn't seem ever to have been out on his own and independent<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning WS Buds!

MOO

Can't like enough !!! I look forward to your analysis of current events.

You have a true calling and talent for the written word.

Moo

What could possibly be funny?
Is Gabby's death funny to them?
Dripping honey. Drip. Drip. Drip.
If BL can sweeten up his Dad (and Moab LE), for sure the experienced handlers at FBI can do it way better. Age old "spill the beans" tactic.
Buddy buddy. Off to the woods. Just like old times. Rekindling memories with sonny when they used to hike this trail and that. Sonny looking up to daddy, like daddy knows everything; daddy's enjoying the respect and attention when the whole world seems to despise him.
Drip, drip, drip with the honey....
The agent is somewhat disguised. FBI has chosen their agent well. Muscularity and fitness somewhat concealed. He looks sort of like BL; the hat neatly covers the spot where BL has a bald patch. The agent has a similar build? Maybe he's dyed his hair? Light beard. Maybe his voice is similar? Honey pot.

Last edited:
<modsnip> When he was out west, he ran straight home. Now he's going back out west? Seems very unlikely. I have a feeling this guy does not like unfamiliar places and would do very poorly all by himself. He doesn't seem ever to have been out on his own and independent:<modsnip>.

I just hope he is not holed up in hiding with another female (future dv victim).
I have a hard time believing he is hiding out in that reserve. Is it possible to survive without eventually needing to boil water to sterilize or to cook food?
Unless he has a lot of MIR's on him.
I can see him in living in an empty house nearby, a cabin, or a friend's place. Someone suggested a family member could have rented or allowed the use of their property it's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope he is not holed up in hiding with another female (future dv victim).
I have a hard time believing he is hiding out in that reserve. Is it possible to survive without eventually needing to boil water to sterilize or to cook food?
Unless he has a lot of MIR's on him.
I can see him in living in an empty house nearby, a cabin, or a friend's place. Someone suggested a family member could have rented or allowed the use of their property it's possible.
I had surgery earlier this year and was laid up for about 10 days and binge watched Naked and Afraid, you'd be surprised what these people are able to do to survive. That being said, I dont see BL being that great of a survivalist, "mediocre at best", but who knows the lengths that he would go through to evade arrest.

What could possibly be funny?
Is Gabby's death funny to them?

I used to volunteer on the ambulance, and I witnessed what I thought was inappropriate behavior from a number of the medical professionals. They explained to me that sometimes things were so sad and stressful they had to laugh and joke to keep from crying. Not saying that's what BL's dad is doing, but it might be. JMOO

"It seems unlikely that he's still in that reserve. They did not find any trace of him so far. It's been weeks," said former FBI agent Bryanna Fox, an associate professor of criminology at the University of South Florida in Tampa.

Laundrie, 23, of North Port, Florida, may have had financial or transportation assistance eluding authorities, Fox said, adding that if someone picked him up hitchhiking or if he boarded a bus, witnesses probably would have gone to police or the media.

"The idea that nothing has been said reinforces to me that he was likely getting help," Fox said. "Obviously, that person would have to be very loyal and very close to him ... to not compromise his identity."

"I have never thought he would stay in Florida very long," Lauth said. "I believe he had some outside resources available to him early on, but those outside resources have likely cut him off because he's a fugitive."

"He has to get lucky all the time for him not to get caught," she said. "They only have to get lucky once. In the end, there's a good chance law enforcement will either find him or learn what happened to him sooner than later."
Brian Laundrie likely fled Florida with help along the way, experts say
I never thought he was in there. The whole thing was just too cute, car parked there like some huge red herring. But it forced the huge expenditure of LE (U&I) funds to search there, to the max. And the revelation about the mustang coming on Saturday. AFTER the Friday the lawyer decided to reveal that he had been missing since Tuesday (now Monday). Dear son has disappeared, we are so worried about his life, we will have our lawyer tell you about it in a few days. They couldn't have told about the mustang on Friday, could they. It needed a day of it's own.

I still wish there would be a way to trace large withdrawals from relatives' accounts between 1-10 Sept., possibly, as I mentioned before, in quantities of <10k to avoid bank alerts. But I'll probably never get my wish, will I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member