Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. My insight into SB would reflect that he would be no fan of CNN, at all. Just saying. My impression only. We are not allowed to sleuth or share information about him here.

i posted a link upthread to a tweet stating that cuomo said on air that SB told him the laundries reported BL missing on the 14th...i don't think it's a stretch that he might have given him other info, but that is MOO...

Just saying FWIW, if BL is dead in a bush somewhere, there should be signs from wildlife such as hawks or scavengers.

What are the odds that he has decided to completely flip things around and has somehow blended into "normal society" in an urban setting?

They haven’t talked yet tho (to our knowledge). & if that’s true, I’d imagine the FBI would want to talk to them JMO. However, it’s against their guidelines to talk to someone about a case who has already retained counsel for that case without said counsel present. I imagine that the FBI was trying to establish a relationship with him to where he trusts them. I would think that they’d purposefully maybe say something to make him laugh, etc. to establish that sort of relationship with him. All JMO but I do feel like the FBI maybe intentionally made him laugh like made a joke or something casually as they were walking just trying to establish a good relationship.
I disagree 100%.

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.
As always thank you for your expertise - when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it really is a duck … IMO

Yes, y'all, I'm still here running circles around the dates the Laundries went other places the weekend after camping. I think I've narrowed it down to the 12th and 13th, but then I started thinking, well, how could they go "other places" on the 13th if BL "went hiking"?

Then *lightbulb* , because he didn't go hiking and Bertolino couldn't say where they went without giving that away.

Yes, I know, that seems obvious, but I think the statements Bertolino is giving are starting to circle back on themselves now because he is having a hard time remembering what he's told each reporter. I think that's why we're seeing know cut-and-paste responses.

Last edited:
Just saying FWIW, if BL is dead in a bush somewhere, there should be signs from wildlife such as hawks or scavengers.

What are the odds that he has decided to completely flip things around and has somehow blended into "normal society" in an urban setting?
If he killed himself on Monday and they didn't look for him until the following Friday, wouldn't that have been enough time for the scavengers to do their thing?

His "art" is all copied from other people, including whoever did the book jackets for his favorite books. So if his art isn't original, it's not even coming from his own thoughts.

We don't know how much lying he's done. We're all just guessing. And I doubt he could have evaded police to this degree without a LOT of financial and logistical help from someone, someone probably related to him or involved for years with his family. JMO

My guess is that he murdered Gabby. He had motive and opportunity, but it's just a guess. Every day that goes by without him turning himself in makes things WORSE for himself, and some part of him must realize that. If he's innocent then turning himself in now and explaining his actions is the best move. His parents must realize that by now. The other very possible option is BL ends up dead, and I'm sure they don't want their only son dead just because he's a coward, for whatever reason.
I’m a painter and I paint things that mean something to me whether my original idea or someone else’s. Sorry but IMO if 98% of your art consists of blood and gore it must be something that means something to you, something you think about, something that you think is asthetically pleasing, or something that makes a statement. Not usually chosen randomly. Maybe he’s painting book covers etc, movie scenes, but they are all very dark, deep, troubled.

i believe BL is alive and well, he is too much of a coward to harm himself IMO, his parents are running damage control for him while he is sitting up somewhere hiding and thinking he has gotten away with something.
His parents know more then what they are saying for sure, they have known from the moment he got home without Gabby. I have no doubt the entire family knows more then they are saying, I cant wait till the day they catch him and make him pay!!!

I know that he believes that, and maybe he is right, but it would have been a really dumb place to pitch a tent........5 minute walk to the van which was hastily parked off the road and not on a numbered site. jmo And a fire to boot, just begging to get noticed by a ranger.
It was beautiful spot to pitch a tent, in my opinion and Gabby's step father's opinion, as well. Perfect.

I don't believe there was a fire ban there. If there was, I would appreciate a link that says so...we were in the midst of forest fires and still, in some camp spots, had permission to have fire rings, in June. Rangers loved telling us fires hadn't been banned yet, if they hadn't been. And we loved it right back.

So a campfire would be completely normal and actually quite nice, if other sites along the way had them banned.

Dispersed camping rangers are not typically, in my recent experience, hard core policemen. In fact, they say, hey camp with a tent anywhere you'd like. If you go down to the beach, just know the winds blow the sand like crazy and you may not get your van back out. But yeah, camping is free. Find a good spot and enjoy.

They are HELPFUL to van/tent campers. A bit more policing to the RVs. But even then, not that much. Rvs have more restrictions. MOO!! IMO. JMHO.

BL is either dead or somebody is helping him big time. He has no money, no vehicle and he’s surely not the sharpest pencil in the drawer.
And I looked up those dried MRE meals a few min ago. They are not cheap! One site offered 12 packages, which include the caloric content for one day each, for $90. Even if he bought enough for a month to take with him, then what? Is he sliding out of the reserve every few days heading to a 7-11 nearby to buy food? I saw one on the map not far at all from the SE corner of the reserve. (For those not familiar, 7-11 is a long time convenience store in the US.)

From Patchogue, NY, the news local to Gabby's parents, The Patch:

----------------------------
Brian Laundrie Was Under Surveillance When He Fled: Police
A North Port police spokesperson said law enforcement tried "to keep an eye on Brian (Laundrie) within the law" before he fled his FL home.

me___04150326583.jpg

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
verified-patch-staff.svg

Posted Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:07 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:50 pm ET
SARASOTA COUNTY, FL — As the search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the death of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, continues, a police spokesperson said Laundrie was under surveillance when he fled his North Port home in mid-September.
His parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, initially told North Port police they last saw their son Sept. 14 when he left their home to go hiking at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve. They recently corrected themselves, though, through a statement from their attorney, Steve Bertolino, who said his parents now believe they last saw their 23-year-old son a day earlier, on Sept. 13.
[...]
Joshua Taylor, the public information officer for the city of North Port, told Patch that North Port police, Suffolk County deputies and the FBI had Laundrie under surveillance after Petito was reported missing. He wouldn't provide specific details about this surveillance or a timeline.
[...]
Though it was reported Thursday that the remnants of a recently used campsite had been found at the nature preserve, Taylor told CNN that isn't true.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air, but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," he said. "Bottom line is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Though no signs of their son have been during the three-week search of the reserve, his parents believe he's there, Bertolino said.

------------------
More here, along with links to other related articles:

Authorities Deny Rumors That Brian Laundrie Is In Custody, Was Seen In Sarasota Friday
This is the strangest case I’ve ever followed. I thought waiting three days to report their son “missing” was bad, but now it’s four. They gave him four days of lead time and they’re pointing LE and the FBI in the wrong direction. MOO.
Every day I wake up hoping today is the day BL is found and GP and her family get the justice they so deserve, but I’m starting to lose hope. I don’t think I’m alone in that.. :-/

Last edited:
If he killed himself on Monday and they didn't look for him until the following Friday, wouldn't that have been enough time for the scavengers to do their thing?

I believe that kind of activity is a process or that it happens in stages. If he were left there in a natural state I suppose it would depend on environmental factors. Also depends on where ever BL might have been whenever he may have committed suicide **hypothetically speaking**please do not reprimand me again***.

I noticed that too...but felt officer was exaggerating that there were two people that saw Brian slap her so he could get her to admit if Brian did, that it was ok to admit that....or to find out what really happened. LE sometimes lie to get more information. And Chris might have changed exactly what he saw when he reflected back.

Do we know if Chris made the phone call or someone else?
There "kind of" were. Remember he went and spoke with a second witness at MF who described the grabbing of her face. MOO

Pratt's body cam was withheld - now we know why (because it did not match his official report) and that withholding is being looked into. See here for all links:

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

I disagree 100%.
I agree with the O.P. ce4au. Developing rapport in this manner appears to be common with LE. Whether realized or not, an "informal" interview was underway. Voluntarily, of course. They wanted to get pops away from mama, who may be the brains in the family. All amateur opinion and speculation of course.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members