Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One less thing to appeal. Let's roll!

I don't think Boyce was overwhelmed with anything from the state nor defense but does recognize the obvious. What was presented to the courts from both parties was weak at best. I'd hate to see that come back and have an impact in this case.

I don't think many will be surprised by this being granted.

Maybe we'll get a judge with a little more urgency.
Apart from the insufficient statistical data for the county, IMO the defense did give valid examples of the increased local publicity, including Chad's sister-in-law's (HD) letter to the congregation, vigils for the victims and traffic around Chad's house.

Idaho judge grants change of venue for Chad Daybell’s trial. Will it move to Boise?

Fri, October 8, 2021, 7:34 PM

4e681f896676b82794b5239857881df0

ST. ANTHONY — Seventh District Judge Steven Boyce has granted Chad Daybell’s request to move his trial from Fremont County in East Idaho, and it likely will end up in Boise.

“The Court concludes that Ada County would provide the best opportunity to conduct the trial in this case,” Boyce wrote.

In making his decision, Boyce said he considered population from which to draw jurors, courthouse facilities, personnel staffing, courtroom availability, control of citizen and media attendance, and jury security.

Boyce issued the decision Friday following a change of venue hearing held earlier this week.

John Prior, Daybell’s attorney, argued that significant media attention would affect the ability to find a fair and unbiased jury in Fremont County. Prior requested that proceedings move to Ada County, and Boyce agreed.

“The Court has always found the citizens of Fremont County to be fair, attentive and dedicated jurors when called upon to fulfill that critically important civic duty,” Boyce wrote in his ruling. “The Court has no doubt that absent the extraordinary circumstances presented here, Fremont County would have been an ideal location for this trial, and an ideal jury pool from which to select triers of fact to determine this case. However, this is no ordinary case.”

Last edited:
Chad Daybell sent a blessing for Alex Cox via email on 11/24/19. At this time, just weeks after Chad and Lori got married in Kauai, one month after the death of his first wife Tammy, two months since the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan and a little more than four months after Alex Cox fatally shot Charles Vallow.

The blessing (several pages) at: Justin Lum - Reporter

Unsurprisingly, Chad claims that Alex was Lori's protector in numerous previous lives. He promises Alex a prophet status in his future.

Chad: "You have already assisted us in ways that can never be repaid, but you will continue to do so as you move forward in this life."

Yeah, he assisted them with murder.

Last edited:
ZP says Lori Vallow told her they needed to use all of the elements (water, fire, lightning, etc) to get rid of "Hiplos." Hiplos was one of the names used to refer to Charles Vallow (Lori's then-husband). Per police report, at one point Lori said maybe she needed to put medication in Charles' water.

ZP says Lori claimed that 100,000 dark entities came to assist Charles who had "supernatural strength" during the fight. Alex told ZP he was doing okay because he "killed a zombie."

Justin Lum - Reporter

https://twitter.com/GarnaMejiaKSL/status/1446639913512824832

On July 1st Charles told Lori that Tammy agreed to meet with him and that he was going to Idaho to meet with her. It's not clear if Charles was telling the truth.

FBN9nz5VUAEfYdS

Charles emailed Tammy twice (on June 29 and 30), giving her his phone number. He told Adam that he would speak to her on July 1st. We don't know if he did.
FBN-9ewUcAAsgdq

Last edited:

I also had to control the urge to correct the many grammatical and punctuation errors
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose he couldn't really ask Tammy to proof read it. o_O[/QUOTE]

Might be kind of a group project...long ago I taught Title 1 (remedial reading) and have some experience with immature writing.

Mostly about puppies and birthday parties, but hey we're flexible, right?

First edit -- find&replace "James" with "Chad." :confused:

jmho ymmv lrr

I am curious to find out where the baseball bat came from. Who bought it and when. I thought their rental homes were fairly empty and I don't know that TR played softball or baseball. If you live in one place a long time, you tend to accumulate stuff and might have one laying around from CV or one of the older boys. But since thet were moving around and taking little, it makes me wonder where it came from. Seems like something investigators would have checked out and might be revealed in the trial.

I am curious to find out where the baseball bat came from. Who bought it and when. I thought their rental homes were fairly empty and I don't know that TR played softball or baseball. If you live in one place a long time, you tend to accumulate stuff and might have one laying around from CV or one of the older boys. But since thet were moving around and taking little, it makes me wonder where it came from. Seems like something investigators would have checked out and might be revealed in the trial.

Interesting. And if Charles Vallow had gone to hit AC with a baseball bat, it would have been a heck of a lot more than the "boo-boo" on his head, that didn't even look like a scratch.

Chad Daybell sent a blessing for Alex Cox via email on 11/24/19. At this time, just weeks after Chad and Lori got married in Kauai, one month after the death of his first wife Tammy, two months since the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan and a little more than four months after Alex Cox fatally shot Charles Vallow.

The blessing (several pages) at: Justin Lum - Reporter

Unsurprisingly, Chad claims that Alex was Lori's protector in numerous previous lives. He promises Alex a prophet status in his future.

Chad: "You have already assisted us in ways that can never be repaid, but you will continue to do so as you move forward in this life."

Yeah, he assisted them with murder.
Just....Wow! Unbeleivable.

It was Chad who lured her in by telling her that they had been married in multiple past lives and that they were important historic/scriptural figures. He did it all before with JR and probably other women. He made up their seven missions and gave Lori a leading role in his cult. Chad decided who was light and who dark to the point that they had to die, including the children. IMO Chad is by no means Lori's victim. I am surprised at how easily she and other cult members accepted his nonsense doctrine. All because they believed he was a prophet.

But weren't there several murders/suspicious deaths that occurred before Lori and Chad first met? Lori's sister? Lori's previous husband? It seems to me the convenient deaths which surrounded Lori had already begun before she met Chad.

Of course, no excusing him for his contribution to the children's deaths. But my point is that before Lori, Chad was just a guy who may have been a cheater, but not a murderer. Certainly his children are defending him, which they wouldn't do if he was just an evil man. It was after he met the murderous Lori and his lust for her kicked in that he started thinking with his second head, more or less.

I am not 100% on the above theory, but just laying it out for comment. I haven't read everything to do with this case, so I may be missing something. But it seems to me that Chad was just an academic chasing carnal thrills when he had the misfortune of chasing the wrong skirt.

But weren't there several murders/suspicious deaths that occurred before Lori and Chad first met? Lori's sister? Lori's previous husband? It seems to me the convenient deaths which surrounded Lori had already begun before she met Chad.
Some people believe that Lori had a hand in her third husband Joe's death. I haven't seen any evidence showing that she or Alex were there when he died. When Lori's sister died after a long illness, Lori was in Hawaii. I can't claim she was a murderess when she met Chad.
Of course, no excusing him for his contribution to the children's deaths. But my point is that before Lori, Chad was just a guy who may have been a cheater, but not a murderer. Certainly his children are defending him, which they wouldn't do if he was just an evil man. It was after he met the murderous Lori and his lust for her kicked in that he started thinking with his second head, more or less.
His children are in denial. They don't want to believe that their father led a double life. Some of his friends and associates were also defending him, but only until the children's bodies were found. He deceived them, too.
I am not 100% on the above theory, but just laying it out for comment. I haven't read everything to do with this case, so I may be missing something. But it seems to me that Chad was just an academic chasing carnal thrills when he had the misfortune of chasing the wrong skirt.
Again, the zombie doctrine came from Chad. He decided who lived and who died.

Tylee said in her interview that she had the bat and got it when she was living at her uncle’s place. She says she heard yelling outside her room and immediately jumped up to go see what was going on outside her room.

Then she says “…and I have a baseball bat because when I was living at my uncle’s by myself I just wanted something to like feel safer, and I’m not old enough to get like pepper spray or anything, so I was like, okay I’ll get a baseball bat….”

in this video you can hear her mention this around 1 minute and 50 seconds

Chad's messages from Oct 4-5 to Lori about Tammy becoming a zombie. He claims that Viola (the evil spirit that possessed Tammy) used to be attached to another relative for a year. The most telling quote about Tammy: "Trying to hasten her departure." and "She (Tammy) wants Viola removed as soon as possible." He wants to start with the removal as soon as he verifies by Tammy's actions that she became possessed.

https://twitter.com/GarnaMejiaKSL/status/1446872307926921221
FBRQ-MCVIAQ148E

FBRQ-MwUYAINEe9

BBM. Didn't judge Boyce state that he wanted to stay on the case?

ETA - from the conclusion: "...this Court recommends that it (Judge Boyce) continue the assignment over the case..."

10/08/2021 Memorandum Decision on Defendant's Motion to Change Venue

I wondered about that but I read one of the posts way back, someone commented that it would be a different Judge if the trial was moved. Will have to wait and see, this trial information changes so much. I like the Judge but wish he was a little more firm with the lawyer! thanks!

Tylee said in her interview that she had the bat and got it when she was living at her uncle’s place. She says she heard yelling outside her room and immediately jumped up to go see what was going on outside her room.

Then she says “…and I have a baseball bat because when I was living at my uncle’s by myself I just wanted something to like feel safer, and I’m not old enough to get like pepper spray or anything, so I was like, okay I’ll get a baseball bat….”

in this video you can hear her mention this around 1 minute and 50 seconds

Preemptively, as I've seen many folks reacting with surprise to the concept that Tylee would have been staying alone; I assumed that this was because sometimes Alex had to be out driving long-haul truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member