Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused as to why a mention of DV is a slip up too. Coroner didn't say something speculative about a history of DV but that this was an act of one which, by definition, it is. Is it because LE hasn't been ruled a suspect yet? Because the coroner report always comes before that anyway...
Because it points to Brian as her killer, her domestic partner, not some random 3rd party/stranger. He had previously stated in answering other questions that it would be up to the FBI to determine who killed her, he would not comment on that then later indirectly classified her death as a result of domestic violence.

I'm a bit confused as to why a mention of DV is a slip up too. Coroner didn't say something speculative about a history of DV but that this was an act of one which, by definition, it is. Is it because LE hasn't been ruled a suspect yet? Because the coroner report always comes before that anyway...

I think people are just looking for something that isn’t there, as if this case needs more drama. MOO. If one partner murders another, that is an act of domestic violence whether the history is there or not. In this case it is. People just want something to be worked up about moo.

Surely it would be too risky to carry out a strangulation in broad daylight when there was the dirt road so close by?

Well, who knows, if his rage was strong enough, he would've probably try to kill her anywhere.
After all, he was quite happy to hit and abuse her in front of the Moonflower mini-mart in broad daylight in front of people.
Once you start becoming a DV practitioner in public, the floodgates are open and all bets are off. Anything can happen anywhere.
They have no shame, and it's always the other person's fault.

PICTURES: Gabby Petito Crime Scene Tape: Harrowing Gabby Petito Crime Scene Death Photos Marked By FBI

there's a better shot of the crime scene with closer pictures, I can't find that one with all the links. It's out there though.

Is there an aerial/overhead photo that shows where the van was parked and where GP's body was found???? I've seen pictures of where her stepdad, JS ,placed his cross with flowers where GP's body was actually found, I've seen the first cross by an unidentified person/s, I've seen all the crime scene pictures w/orange markings, I've heard a few hundred yards or a 5 minute walk from the van, and I've seen where the van was parked. But I have not seen an aerial image between the parked van and her remains. I'm trying to get my head around how this all lays out... if there has been an aerial image just let me know and I will go to the media page and dig there. I just haven't seen anything yet... and it's bugging the h**l to of me (LOL) TIA

yes, I think the hard part for me to swallow overall is unless you choke someone from behind, you are looking in their eyes as they die. Takes quite a while to do that.

And, the other thing about strangulation is that the victim will become unconscious minutes before she dies, which means the murderer must continue to keep squeezing the life out of a completely limp person.

That's evil.

And then to go visit his sister and nephews and go camping and carry on with life as if nothing happened. Truly a sick individual.
Yes, IMO Brian Laundrie is a very disturbed individual and he needs to be caught by LE ASAP because as he feels the net closing in around him he might hurt others in the public/society in any sort of way in order to stay alive and stay free (might steal a car, hold people hostages, kill for money or shelter, etc.). He's a coward, MOO

Last edited:
I think it took place at night.

The positioning of the van was right where passing vehicles could see them (Red, White and Bethune being the perfect example)...

Unless, she was killed in the back of the van and it wasn't until nightfall that her body was taken to where it was found??

IF she was killed where she was found then I have to think it must've taken place at night. Surely it would be too risky to carry out a strangulation in broad daylight when there was the dirt road so close by?

MOO

Please can someone remind me of the approximate distance from where the van was to where GP's body was discovered?
I think it took place at night also. She was wearing a sweatshirt.

Officer
Where did he hit you?

Gabby Petito
Well, he grabbed my face, like, I guess. He didn’t hit me in the face, he didn’t like punch me in the face or anything.

Officer
Did he slap you in the face or what?

Gabby Petito
He like grabbed me like with his nail and I guess that’s why it looks, I definitely have a cut right here because I can feel it and when I touch it it burns.

New body cam footage of Gabby Petito released

View attachment 317085
I'll be honest here. THIS was the moment I knew strangulation was a strong possibility. I also looked at BL's hand in the first video. This guy has powerful, big hands for a little guy with a slight build. Once again...play video #1 on the slowest speed possible, sound off, and watch BL. He spends most of the time covering his one hand with the other. He was concealing his weapon.

Yeah, but he was nervous there, too. The way he flew off the handle at Merry Pigs had me thinking he lacked control. I was way off base.
He reminds me of my neighbor I’ve mentioned here a few times. He flies off the handle very easily and has been abusive to one’s around him. But when the law shows up (for other reasons) and he comes in contact, he’s calm cool and collected. Police presence scares a lot of people. That’s what I see in Brian.

I think people are just looking for something that isn’t there, as if this case needs more drama. MOO. If one partner murders another, that is an act of domestic violence whether the history is there or not. In this case it is. People just want something to be worked up about moo.
It’s because it eliminates the theory that a third-party killed her while he was out on his hitchhiking jaunt, her domestic partner killed her. We do know their relationship did include domestic violence.

Last edited:
In this town where I live, sadly, there are too many deaths by strangulation, often in DV cases. Almost always the female strangled by a male, almost always some fight. Charges are usually third degree. What they ultimately get in the record a whole other thing since here, most cases pled out.

I suspect Gabby may have tried to break up with him ?
Or at least confronted him about his behavior at the restaurant, or when they were alone -- and he understood it was over between them ?
She was done.
How I wish she'd contacted a family member and stayed put, in a public area.
With or without her van.
Not blaming her in the slightest.
Just wishing she could have escaped.
Imo.
I was thinking this too. That she may have been done making excuses or just decided this was too toxic. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard