Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that Moab stop he ooozed slime and amazingly the cops didn’t see it.
I want to see the female’s body cam, WHERE IS THAT?
I'm not saying LE were right, but you have to take into account that, at this point they had no clue Gabby would be murdered a couple of weeks later.

We look at the video through a different lens from theirs.

In hindsight I'm sure they wish they'd handled it differently, but I do feel even if they had, the outcome would still have been the same.

What ifs seldom serve a purpose.

Yes. I actually was very uncomfortable when people wanted her to get 1million likes on her YouTube video postmortem because it was her dream, because that video has him all over it. I don’t even want him referred to as “her fiancé” by the media anymore. I want him referred to as her killer.

We don't know that he is, so they will not be referring to him as her killer until LE says otherwise.

It had to have been something like that. No way could he have wanted her out of his life. It had to be a 'if I can't have you' kind of thing. This is blowing my mind. Maybe he is a sociopath.

I’ve said before that he reminds me very much of my ex (and his parents remind me of my ex in-laws). My ex is diagnosed with anti social personality disorders (ticks all the boxes for sociopathy) and would go for the throat when he was angry, and it was rarely anything to do with me. One time he was just angry that his favorite team didn’t advance in the playoffs and I said they could try again next year.

The thing about this sort of person is they seem completely blank expression wise, until they lose their minds. They can be completely seething inside and snap and you don’t know it’s coming. She didn’t have to be dumping him for him to snap, I highly doubt it was about that at all. I think he was worked up still about the restaurant issue and then she could have brought it up to start a discussion and he lost it.

So glad you pointed out his penchant for leaking out some info. I have never been one who wishes he would stop talking.
MOO.
IMO he’s just digging Brian’s grave deeper and deeper. I don’t care what Gabby could have done to him, there is NOTHING to justify him strangling her for MINUTES! NOTHING. There is no excuse that BL could ever give that would make what he did okay. Not with the amount of time it took for her to die with his hands around her neck.

Hmm, why would this department be filing charges?

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said that after Petito's cause of death was announced Tuesday, murder charges will be filed in this case, but the question is when.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."

The most premeditated part of losing the evidence is BL coming home and vanishing to give his own body time to destroy ALL the evidence that Gabby fought for her life. All self preservation scratches, cuts and bruises that Gabby might have inflicted are vanished by time. So horribly sad.., IMO

Shocking, does give some sort of relief to hear that there is a clear outcome of the authopsy.
Apologies if this is already discussed in this thread, did I hear correctly that the coroner said in the Q&A:
-Gabby was not pregnant
-Dr Blue mentioned 'other victims of DV'

These pressumed slip-ups bij Dr Blue are quite significant IMO

We don't know that he is, so they will not be referring to him as her killer until LE says otherwise.
I know that. But they don’t need to call him her fiancé either. They had called off the wedding it’s not even the most accurate description. I just don’t like the way he’s associated with her after death. It’s just my own opinion. Makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Officer
Where did he hit you?

Gabby Petito
Well, he grabbed my face, like, I guess. He didn’t hit me in the face, he didn’t like punch me in the face or anything.

Officer
Did he slap you in the face or what?

Gabby Petito
He like grabbed me like with his nail and I guess that’s why it looks, I definitely have a cut right here because I can feel it and when I touch it it burns.

New body cam footage of Gabby Petito released

View attachment 317085

He grabbed her by her neck because he got away with grabbing her face. :(
#progression

It’s because it eliminates the theory that a third-party killed her while he was out on his hitchhiking jaunt, her domestic partner killed her. We do know their relationship did include domestic violence.

It does not eliminate that at all. The coroner’s statement simply said
"Unfortunately this is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved with domestic violence, and it's unfortunate that these other deaths did not get as much coverage as this one," Blue said.

It does not say outright that Gabby died from DV. The DV episode was known before the autopsy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 2.07.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 2.07.10 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
Well they were pulled over not long after he chased her down. And hit her. And put his hand on her. So.. he can obviously control himself in some type of way. He didn’t seem hyped up from beating on his girlfriend in the videos.
Exactly, able to adapt to/manipulate the situation, be who he wants to be. At the restaurant he wanted to be a jerk, with LE he wanted to be the calm/sane one. MOO

In this town where I live, sadly, there are too many deaths by strangulation, often in DV cases. Almost always the female strangled by a male, almost always some fight. Charges are usually third degree. What they ultimately get in the record a whole other thing since here, most cases pled out.
Just curious… do most of those males exhibit the behavior we’ve seen in this case? BL fled the scene of the crime, ditched their phones, stole Gabby’s vehicle, went home and hung out in the park like nothing happened with his nephews, lawyered up and refused to say a word to LE, then disappeared as Gabby’s body was discovered. IMO, all these things can factor in to the case. JMO.

Last edited:
I think, based on what the Petitos/Schmidts said on Dr. Phil, they’ll request that the death penalty be taken off the table, so BL can spend the rest of his life in a cement room and rarely, if ever, go outside. That decision will ultimately be up to the US Attorney in Wyoming.
However, I still think the FBI will still use it as a bargaining chip to get information from BL and his parents. “Cooperate and we’ll see what we can do,” or the like.
MOO.

If I'm right in my understanding, sometimes a person who is on death row can go years, if not decades, whilst incarcerated if they keep appealing their sentence?

So sometimes it's feasible for a person to be imprisoned for a lengthy period of time but still face the death penalty?

The death penalty was abolished in the UK in 1965, but even back then I don't think we had the lengthy 'stays' of execution and appeals process like you guys have across the pond.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member