Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no reason to believe that he has ever been there. He had only moved to Florida recently imho and he lives on the other ide of the state
With all due respect to your comment and the size of Florida, the distance from Vero Beach to North Port is roughly 3 hours (150+/- miles). Doesn't seem to me like a material obstacle for someone who moves (at least in part) to be near one's daughter. But that's just my perspective on distance and relationship.

I don't know and I am not sure if he or other family members were ever asked this question. I do know that JP and her mom called and texted repeatedly. JP sent them a text saying he was calling the police (at this time he did know Brian had arrived back home on Sept 1 with Gabby's van). All of Gabby's family's calls/texts went unanswered by ALL of the Laundrie family members including CL. I would love a reporter to ask CL why Gabby's family's calls to her went unanswered
They did. She said she never received any calls. Surmised they called a wrong number.

IMO, the mysterious trip that BL took in mid August is a big key in who, what, where, when and why BL did what he did to Gabby. The Laundrie family, their attorney and the FBI are keeping that information a big secret. Why?
Sister CL stated earlier when questioned about this trip ( No link...but it's out there )..." That's what he did when he..." Then she stopped talking, even stating " I'm not supposed to talk about this"

DTBH wants to talk to CL. I wonder why?

IMO, it doesn't or shouldn't take 4 days to 'empty out a storage LOCKER'. ( I'm giving two days for air travel)
WHAT exactly was BL doing for those 4 days?
I mentioned a while ago here, that maybe the search continues at Carlton because they have some "intelligence" that Brian visited the area when he was back in Fl between the 17th and 23rd. That possibly the "moving" stuff out of the storage locker included getting rid of stuff from the locker....maybe Gabby's stuff. LE may know that the Mustang or even the truck, had been to the reserve at that time. Go in with a backpack full of stuff on his hike and come out with an empty back pack. Just a thought. jmo (it was only a week or so before he drove the van back to FL, and 5 or 6 days AFTER the big deal in Moab.

I agree. "That's what he did when he..." It at least shows there was some pattern of behavior, and something that would routinely happen in the relationship between he and Gabby, something that was a common thing for Brian to do.
I think that quote was her being asked about him returning to NP. I think it meant she thought he flew back like last time. But couldn't talk about him driving back. JMO

Maybe after 6th Sept meeting at campground all the Laundries changed their phone numbers moo
Man, that's a really good idea. If they were all aware of what happened, that would explain a lot...

Note: I don't think that's what happened, but it's an excellent idea if it is!

It’s now been over a month since BL went missing. ( 32 days)

If the FBI, DTBH, and local LE weren’t able to bring him in, that’s really disconcerting.
The entire Eastern US, east of the Mississippi, is basically one big forest with farms and cities interspersed. If he avoids major cities and major highways, he could hide out a long time, or at least until he runs out of money.

When fugitives are found quickly, it is usually a result of staying with family or friends. A lone wolf fugitive takes a lot longer.

I doubt he is in Mexico. Mexico can be a great place to flee if your are a Mexican national (whether US visitor or "undocumented immigrant") or have family in Mexico, or at least "look Mexican". A man who looks like BL and doesn't speak Spanish would not stay hidden for long.

Hopefully, the FBI is monitoring his parents finances and looking for mysterious payments. I personally doubt his parents are sending money, however. I suspect when the whole situation became clear, he was told to leave but given a head start, but specifically told not to return.

I have watched this video no less than 10 times and am not seeing a thing... can someone timestamp it for me or help me understand what I should be looking for (other than the obvious)? THANK YOU
The video showing Gabby's body doesn't exist any longer. The video that is still accessible and viewable today has been edited to cut that part out.

What some of us saw was a live feed from KSL, it wasn't the feed you can access now. There are people in LE who also saw it who are now commenting, but the actual video isn't available to be seen now.

The only reason some of on here saw it was because we were watching it live on the KSL facebook site at the moment that the copter flew over. One of the anchors immediately commented "should we be recording this?". The live feed was cut and that piece has since been edited out.

When you watch the video today of the copter flying over the site, you can clearly tell it's cut at specific spots. So if you're looking for the full original video, it doesn't exist for public viewing.

I don't know and I am not sure if he or other family members were ever asked this question. I do know that JP and her mom called and texted repeatedly. JP sent them a text saying he was calling the police (at this time he did know Brian had arrived back home on Sept 1 with Gabby's van). All of Gabby's family's calls/texts went unanswered by ALL of the Laundrie family members including CL. I would love a reporter to ask CL why Gabby's family's calls to her went unanswered
All would be interesting, for sure. Has anyone considered if any Petito ever called/texted any Laundrie previously... and if there was return communication? Could the answer be that this recent behavior was typical(?). And, consider that maybe the Laudrie's simply didn't like the Petito's for whatever reason (possibly, inclusive of the apparent mocking of their son).

Man, that's a really good idea. If they were all aware of what happened, that would explain a lot...

Note: I don't think that's what happened, but it's an excellent idea if it is!

It would look extremely suspicious if they did, or even just CaL did moo

I agree. "That's what he did when he..." It at least shows there was some pattern of behavior, and something that would routinely happen in the relationship between he and Gabby, something that was a common thing for Brian to do.

I'm of the opinion that Brian may have murdered Gabby because she finally called off the relationship. Breakups don't happen overnight, so I think his trip home was (possibly) related to that process of dissolution.

If he did plan the murder that far in advance, however, it could be the key to finding him. I think it's unlikely, but it's possible.

I noticed the cause of death document issued & signed by the coroner was dated October 5th. I know it’s only a week difference, but I’m still a little surprised to see they delayed making it public after being so quick to announce the manner of death.

I believe they knew on the day of the autopsy that she was strangled. jmo On the news last night about this case, I'm not positive but I believe it was Dr. Blue who told BE that there were physical injuries. It could have been another guest on the news that I watch who only speculated, I'm just not positive at this point. But I know it was said within the context of Gabby's death. jmo

After Sept 4, when they opened the new AT&T account for "BL," you mean?
no I meant after they all met up at the campground on the 6th maybe CaL changed her phone number (or maybe they all changed their numbers) and that's why Gabby's family didn't get a reply. Highly unlikely and just speculation and I'm sure LE would check this moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member