SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I misremembering one of AM's lawyers (Harp?) say some time last month that when they recently met with him while he was in detox or rehab, it was the first time they had seen him clean/not on drugs for the first time in years? Does that sound familiar?

He said it was the first time he and the other lawyer, Jim Griffin, spoke to Murdaugh ‘when he wasn’t on opioids or Oxy (oxycodone).’

Alex Murdaugh's lawyer says he KNOWS who gunned down his wife and son | Daily Mail Online

Am I misremembering one of AM's lawyers (Harp?) say some time last month that when they recently met with him while he was in detox or rehab, it was the first time they had seen him clean/not on drugs for the first time in years? Does that sound familiar?

Quoting myself as I found what I was referring to in a video Interview Harpoon did with Today Show.
(9/15)

He says when they (Harp and Griffin) travelled to an out of state rehab, it was the first conversation they'd ever had with him while he wasn't on opioids or oxy.

Then in an article from yesterday, Mr. Griffin says,

"I met with him probably at 9 o’clock in the morning (the day of the 'shooting), and during this meeting he explained to me what had happened," Griffin said. "He explained to me that he had an addiction. He explained to me how serious his addiction was. He explained to me that he had already made arrangements to go to rehab. He then explained to me what he planned to do that day – he was going to tell other people who he was real close with what had happened and what he was going to do."

Alex Murdaugh's lawyer details day of roadside shooting in alleged botched suicide scheme
----------------------

So is Harp saying first conversation they've had with a sober Alex in years based on his own observations (and presumably Griffin's too then) and therefore knowledge of the addiction or is their understanding of Alex's addiction based on what Alex reported? Because the second bit from Griffin makes it sound like he had no idea until that Saturday 9/4 morning.

I’m going to play devils advocate here with regards to the 114,000 pills.
Do you know what strength the $80 pill is in mg terms? The reason I ask is because what if that is a 5mg pill?

I am a user of Oxycodone after I suffered catastrophic injuries falling down 20ft of stairs and being temporarily paralysed and learning to walk again over an 18month period with spinal cord damages resulting from the fall and many surgeries since. I have been on pain meds , thoroughly and closely monitored by my Dr’s on a monthly basis for 12 years, if I don’t have them,then my life is one of existence with tremendous pain as opposed to living life when taking them and still being in pain and some days (often 2/3 per week) being unable to walk sufficiently to leave my house but I am still able to have some sort of life which is more than an existence. So I have ( after a very long time) now accepted that I will need them for a long time to come and as my Dr states, I have to realise that to have any kind of life quality, I need to control my pain by taking this medication and realising that for me, it’s no different than a diabetic being reliant on insulin ( albeit they could die without it ) in order to live any kind of life . I would like to be drug free but I don’t ever see this as a possibility as over the years I have tried alternative medicines and pain patches, all to no avail and I have had two surgeries to cauterise my nerve endings around my spinal cord, to prevent the pain signals being sent to my brain but although the test surgery using a different method to block the signals , worked for a couple of days, the actual surgery used a totally different method to get long term nerves to brain signal blockers which unfortunately failed and in fact has now caused me a completely new problem where my nerves all of a sudden play dead and I fall and the falls are becoming more and more frequent.
Anyway, these drugs start as low as 5mg pills and go up incrementally 10mg pills, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg and 160mg pill.
The longer you take them, the more your body becomes dependent on them and so it could be that AM started off with a 5mg or 10mg pill and then took 20mg pill when they were no longer sufficient etc
But, whereas mine are legally prescribed, is it a case of when trying to purchase on the black market or dark web that you are able to pay different prices for different pill mg? Or do you have to get what is available at the time because its dependant on where the pills are obtained from and if legally obtained by a rogue Dr or obtained on the Streets illegally with purchasing from a street dealer ?
The reason I ask is because say for example sake, AM required 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening if 12 hour MST release, could it be that the 160 total mg was made up of 16 x 10mg pills at $80 per pill , equating to $1280.00 per day or 16 pills daily , that would eat into anyone’s finances much sooner and the suggested 125,000 as stated by @swedeheart in this post OR could it be $80 for an 80mg pill which equals two pills a day at a cost of $160 per day ( which means it would take a lot longer to spend all the money on these drugs as the amount that AM has suggested he’s spent and the 125,000 pills would last a lot longer).
Furthermore, I am referring to the twice daily dose with long term release. But what if AM was on Oxycodone/OxyContin short term release of ? mg every 4-6 hours?
This would cost even more money as more pills would be required if for example he was on 80mg tablets every 4-6 hours so 6 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 4 hourly = $480 per day OR 4 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 6 hourly = $320 per day BUT if for example he had to pay $80 for each 10mg pill then his 4 hour per day bill , using 4 hourly habit of 48 x 10mg pills @ $80 per pill would = $3840 per day or if 6 hourly 32 x $80 = $2560.

(Apologies for all the numbers but it really does depend on factors suchas
*what his daily dose is ?
*is that dose made up of short term quick release tablets or long term slow release tablets ?
*how many doses are required ? *what mg tablet the $80 quoted by @swedeheart refers to?

This then gives you an idea of how many tablets are required on a daily basis and what it is likely to cost .

Is it known if AM was ever legally prescribed these drugs for an injury?
And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO
I’m so sorry you have such pain. I can relate.

Do you know what strength the $80 pill is in mg terms? The reason I ask is because what if that is a 5mg pill?

I am a user of Oxycodone after I suffered catastrophic injuries falling down 20ft of stairs and being temporarily paralysed and learning to walk again over an 18month period with spinal cord damages resulting from the fall and many surgeries since. I have been on pain meds , thoroughly and closely monitored by my Dr’s on a monthly basis for 12 years, if I don’t have them,then my life is one of existence with tremendous pain as opposed to living life when taking them and still being in pain and some days (often 2/3 per week) being unable to walk sufficiently to leave my house but I am still able to have some sort of life which is more than an existence. So I have ( after a very long time) now accepted that I will need them for a long time to come and as my Dr states, I have to realise that to have any kind of life quality, I need to control my pain by taking this medication and realising that for me, it’s no different than a diabetic being reliant on insulin ( albeit they could die without it ) in order to live any kind of life . I would like to be drug free but I don’t ever see this as a possibility as over the years I have tried alternative medicines and pain patches, all to no avail and I have had two surgeries to cauterise my nerve endings around my spinal cord, to prevent the pain signals being sent to my brain but although the test surgery using a different method to block the signals , worked for a couple of days, the actual surgery used a totally different method to get long term nerves to brain signal blockers which unfortunately failed and in fact has now caused me a completely new problem where my nerves all of a sudden play dead and I fall and the falls are becoming more and more frequent.
Anyway, these drugs start as low as 5mg pills and go up incrementally 10mg pills, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg and 160mg pill.
The longer you take them, the more your body becomes dependent on them and so it could be that AM started off with a 5mg or 10mg pill and then took 20mg pill when they were no longer sufficient etc
But, whereas mine are legally prescribed, is it a case of when trying to purchase on the black market or dark web that you are able to pay different prices for different pill mg? Or do you have to get what is available at the time because its dependant on where the pills are obtained from and if legally obtained by a rogue Dr or obtained on the Streets illegally with purchasing from a street dealer ?
The reason I ask is because say for example sake, AM required 80mg in the morning and 80mg in the evening if 12 hour MST release, could it be that the 160 total mg was made up of 16 x 10mg pills at $80 per pill , equating to $1280.00 per day or 16 pills daily , that would eat into anyone’s finances much sooner and the suggested 125,000 as stated by @swedeheart in this post OR could it be $80 for an 80mg pill which equals two pills a day at a cost of $160 per day ( which means it would take a lot longer to spend all the money on these drugs as the amount that AM has suggested he’s spent and the 125,000 pills would last a lot longer).
Furthermore, I am referring to the twice daily dose with long term release. But what if AM was on Oxycodone/OxyContin short term release of ? mg every 4-6 hours?
This would cost even more money as more pills would be required if for example he was on 80mg tablets every 4-6 hours so 6 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 4 hourly = $480 per day OR 4 x 80mg tablets @ $80 per pill if 6 hourly = $320 per day BUT if for example he had to pay $80 for each 10mg pill then his 4 hour per day bill , using 4 hourly habit of 48 x 10mg pills @ $80 per pill would = $3840 per day or if 6 hourly 32 x $80 = $2560.

*is that dose made up of short term quick release tablets or long term slow release tablets ?
*how many doses are required ? *what mg tablet the $80 quoted by @swedeheart refers to?

This then gives you an idea of how many tablets are required on a daily basis and what it is likely to cost .

And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO
I’m so sorry you have such pain. I can relate.

"We have been informed that there is a warrant for his arrest for conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. He plans to voluntarily surrender tomorrow and the arraignment and bond hearing will be held at 4 p.m. at the Hampton Country magistrate court," Griffin said.

Alex Murdaugh to surrender to authorities after warrant issued, lawyer says

Voluntarily surrender?

This was for his LAST arrest. (its gonna get hard to keep up with all of them)

This time it sounds like he was actually arrested.

Progress IS possible in this tangled web of crimes.

Indeed. I think it was in the last day or two they specified Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure there's no Atlanta, Florida.

Could it be that these lawyers.... (Duh duh duh).... Lied to us??

Misdirection / misinformation has been his attorneys' entire strategy since day one. Because how do you defend the indefensible?

I saw on FOX NEWS where he was released from rehab somewhere around Orlando Florida and arrested and taken to jail. Awaiting an extradition hearing. I believe the arrest was for the insurance fraud. Well we’ll the dominos are beginning to fall. Let’s see whose next.MOO

Also Dick Harpoo has said more than once that AM was so distraught on the morning of the 'shooting', out of his mind, coming off of drugs, etc.

From the fox article posted above, Griffin (who met with Alex that morning) says this:

"In that conversation with him – and I have had clients at the end of their rope before, I’ve been doing this over 30 years – I talked with him, and I was concerned, ‘was this something that would cause him to try to kill himself?’ And I had that conversation with him, and I felt reasonably confident after I left him that he was not in that frame of mind," Griffin said. "And I don’t think he was in that frame of mind at that point in time. But then he went and he met with a close friend. And then he had another friend that he was going to meet with who refused to meet with him. And I’m not going to name, names. After that, he did not feel like he could go forward and continue down that path. And he felt like ending his life."

Sketchy there too. It was not apparent to Griffin what bad shape Alex was in a mere four hours before.. Even though Alex .was telling him about his terrible addiction, plans to go to rehab. So it was only after meeting with a friend and another pal refusing to met him that he 'became suicidal'?

And lastly from the article, Griffin on CES:

"Griffin slightly deviated from Smith’s account. Murdaugh’s defense lawyer said Smith might not have known about the insurance scheme beforehand – but did oblige when Alex asked him to shoot him.

"My understanding is this guy was unaware of why Alex had called him out there. And then Alex made the request, and then he obliged," Griffin said.

Why does this make sense in any of their minds or in any of their realities? This is ridiculous.

And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO

AM may have taken Rx painkillers at one or more times in his life but I think his only addiction is money.

Also Dick Harpoo has said more than once that AM was so distraught on the morning of the 'shooting', out of his mind, coming off of drugs, etc.

From the fox article posted above, Griffin (who met with Alex that morning) says this:

"In that conversation with him – and I have had clients at the end of their rope before, I’ve been doing this over 30 years – I talked with him, and I was concerned, ‘was this something that would cause him to try to kill himself?’ And I had that conversation with him, and I felt reasonably confident after I left him that he was not in that frame of mind," Griffin said. "And I don’t think he was in that frame of mind at that point in time. But then he went and he met with a close friend. And then he had another friend that he was going to meet with who refused to meet with him. And I’m not going to name, names. After that, he did not feel like he could go forward and continue down that path. And he felt like ending his life."

Sketchy there too. It was not apparent to Griffin what bad shape Alex was in a mere four hours before.. Even though Alex .was telling him about his terrible addiction, plans to go to rehab. So it was only after meeting with a friend and another pal refusing to met him that he 'became suicidal'?

And lastly from the article, Griffin on CES:

"Griffin slightly deviated from Smith’s account. Murdaugh’s defense lawyer said Smith might not have known about the insurance scheme beforehand – but did oblige when Alex asked him to shoot him.

"My understanding is this guy was unaware of why Alex had called him out there. And then Alex made the request, and then he obliged," Griffin said.

Why does this make sense in any of their minds or in any of their realities? This is ridiculous.

Jmo

He is a bold faced liar.

I hope we get more information on the killings of AM’s wife and son after this arrest for fraud. Maybe he will talk? Oh…and his attorney said he knew who killed them…who is that person? That was a long time ago that he said that on the Today show interview….now just crickets. JMO

AM may have taken Rx painkillers at one or more times in his life but I think his only addiction is money.

I think he likes his booze also. I haven't seen that documented anywhere -- but just his appearance in photos gives me that impression.

Doesn't look as florid or puffy after being arrested and in rehab -- a few days or weeks off the alcohol makes for quite a difference in his appearance. (IMO)

I hope we get more information on the killings of AM’s wife and son after this arrest for fraud. Maybe he will talk? Oh…and his attorney said he knew who killed them…who is that person? That was a long time ago that he said that on the Today show interview….now just crickets. JMO

Since I seen the latest news this morning I’ve had the long shot hope that something would happen with the murder investigation.

And if so, STR or LTR ?
And what dose?
Thank you
All MOO
Let me just say I admire & salute you & give you a hug (I guess pre-Covid)!!
And if he was getting them legally it wouldn’t have cost him as much right? Let me ask you-do you think Alex could have gotten them legally with all the regulations? Just curious on your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCMurdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Secretly Negotiating With Feds For Probe, Plea Deal

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Secretly Negotiating With Feds For Probe, Plea Deal

In a bold but ultimately unsuccessful gambit, defense attorneys for Alex Murdaugh have reportedly been conducting offline negotiations with federal prosecutors related to a looming Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) inquiry into the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga.

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, the goal of these ongoing plea negotiations was to strike a preemptive deal with the federal government that could conceivably mitigate some of the state charges Murdaugh is facing – as well as additional charges he is likely to face in the future.

“They want (Murdaugh) to do his time in Club Fed, not the state cellblock,” a source familiar with the negotiations told this news outlet.

“(Murdaugh’s) attorneys ran to the feds to try and get a better deal,” another source familiar with the negotiations told me. “They had a proffer in hand offering up their guy.”

So … did the gambit work? No … because the state is not playing ball.

Similarly emboldened in the pursuit of justice in this case has been the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson. Following the recusal of a conflicted solicitor, Wilson and his attorneys are handling the prosecution of all state charges filed against various defendants in the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ cases.

Neither Wilson nor his spokesman would comment on the report that Murdaugh’s attorneys were negotiating with federal officials, nor would would they address their position in response to any potential plea agreements reached during such negotiations.

However, sources familiar with the situation told me Wilson made it abundantly clear to acting U.S. attorney Rhett DeHart this month that any federal negotiations with Alex Murdaugh would have “zero bearing” on the disposition of the state charges filed against him.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorneys Secretly Negotiating With Feds For Probe, Plea Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500