Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Morphew mused wife’s disappearance was divine intervention, arrest affidavit says – Canon City Daily Record

Three days after Suzanne disappeared, Barry Morphew refused to take a polygraph test, telling investigators he “‘didn’t want to do anything that wasn’t 100% accurate,’” the affidavit reads. But when a friend also encouraged him to take a polygraph, Morphew gave a different answer, according to the affidavit.

“Barry looked at (the friend) and said, ‘I don’t think I’d pass a polygraph,’” the affidavit says. “(The friend) waited in uncomfortable silence for a few moments to allow Barry to qualify his statement… he got chills from Barry’s response and thought Barry’s reaction was very strange.”

Maybe in God’s eyes this was his way of resolving something,” Morphew told investigators, according to the affidavit. “…I’ve had a very hard time understanding why God did this… But if I would have known this from the beginning, I wouldn’t had to suffer for nine months, not knowing why God did what he did. I’m not saying he did it to punish Suzanne because of her affair, but it makes more sense than what I knew before you guys came today.”

The wide-ranging conversation is one of many investigators had with Barry Morphew during the year-long investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance

“Why God did what he did.” Right.

The defense is pure theater.

Dingle-Barry has not yet broken the terms of his bond. He's a PITA who will toe the line every second and bend the terms as far as he can bend them. Legally, neither the judge nor the DA can do anything to him and everybody at the CCSO has to be super careful to not "harass" or otherwise "persecute" poor precious Barry.
What is a PITA? Thanks.

There’s a LOT we haven’t seen before ( MOO )

Reporter for the Denver Post below.
Article seems to have a paywall, but I believe @Seattle1 shared it here the other day.

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1448743167772160015?s=21
Haven't seen this before -- for a court hearing in the Barry Morphew case yesterday, the judge let everyone appear via Webex EXCEPT the public. Attorneys, Morphew, victims, witness could all appear virtually. Anyone else had to go to Salida and watch the virtual hearing there

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1448743171526062111?s=21
The Colorado Supreme Court hasn't issued any detailed statewide guidance on how virtual courts should be used, so it varies tremendously across the state. Here's a recent story on the topic if you want to know more

Colorado eyes future of virtual court in post-pandemic world

There’s a LOT we haven’t seen before ( MOO )

Reporter for the Denver Post below.
Article seems to have a paywall, but I believe @Seattle1 shared it here the other day.

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1448743167772160015?s=21
Haven't seen this before -- for a court hearing in the Barry Morphew case yesterday, the judge let everyone appear via Webex EXCEPT the public. Attorneys, Morphew, victims, witness could all appear virtually. Anyone else had to go to Salida and watch the virtual hearing there

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1448743171526062111?s=21
The Colorado Supreme Court hasn't issued any detailed statewide guidance on how virtual courts should be used, so it varies tremendously across the state. Here's a recent story on the topic if you want to know more

Colorado eyes future of virtual court in post-pandemic world
Reply to myself to add:

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1448750777762148366?s=21
My colleague who tried to access the hearing was put in a waiting room and never let in -- here's Chief Judge Murphy's order

Don’t see no coolers though……..

There is a section in the AA:

SA Grusing asked if vertical shafts were in the area, and Barry replied, "Yeah, there's one behind the house that's on the very top, but it's plugged by a boulder. They plugged it. It doesn't go, I mean it goes straight down and they plugged it." When asked if there were more, he added, "There's another one, but it's been blown up - by the house. I don't know of anything open by the house. The ones in Garfield are open, the ones up 240 are open."
According to the geological survey there are at least three shafts on that spur, don't know how many are "sealed." Boulders, boulders, boulders. I did the research, he could have run that skid steer up the trail uncapped a shaft dropped Suzanne and all of the coolers in, then put the boulder back.

SA Grusing asked if vertical shafts were in the area, and Barry replied, "Yeah, there's one behind the house that's on the very top, but it's plugged by a boulder. They plugged it. It doesn't go, I mean it goes straight down and they plugged it." When asked if there were more, he added, "There's another one, but it's been blown up - by the house. I don't know of anything open by the house. The ones in Garfield are open, the ones up 240 are open."
According to the geological survey there are at least three shafts on that spur, don't know how many are "sealed." Boulders, boulders, boulders. I did the research, he could have run that skid steer up the trail uncapped a shaft dropped Suzanne and all of the coolers in, then put the boulder back.
They would never find her. :(

Latitude 38.5758303
Longitude -106.2908566

This is the location of the Indianapolis Mine, only 2.6 miles north of the Garfield Mine.

BM and SM were from Alexandria, IN which is a small town about an hour north of Indianapolis, IN.

Would the name of a mine influence BM's choice of a disposal location?

RIP, dear Suzanne.

IMHO

Last edited:

RBBM

Very possible.

Barry has a very intimate knowledge - too intimate, IMO - of the vertical mine shafts in the PP area.

Why is that??

I think we know.

JMVHO.

Latitude 38.5758303
Longitude -106.2908566

This is the location of the Indianapolis Mine, only 2.6 miles north of the Garfield Mine.

BM and SM were from Alexandria, IN which is a small town about an hour north of Indianapolis, IN.

Would the name of a mine influence BM's choice of a disposal location?

RIP, dear Suzanne.

IMHO

I don't do math before or after 8 pm so, Friends, you're going to have to step in.

Solve for Suzanne:

PP2G+2.6×2=S

Distance from PP to Garfield intersection plus 2.6 miles multiplied by 2....

If you get 18 miles....

We only have to find the boulder.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics