Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that BL was not authorized to use the cards. If those were solely GP's cards and BL was not aware or they didn't have an agreement to mutually use them, where were his cards? Did she totally control the money? Who paid for meals, gas, etc. I'm sure they didn't carry cash. That she paid for everything does not fit the profile.

he would not have federal charges against him for using the card/PIN if he was an actual authorized user/signer on the accounts...

Again "Stockholm syndrome" Gabby's "anxiety" could have completely or at least mostly (IMO) come from BL.

Yes, of course it came from him. Other areas of her life -- certainly her relationship with her mom & stepdad and her dad & stepmom certainly seemed very close and loving -- at least as far as I could see. She knew she was well-loved by them. She had a lot of things going on, and things to look forward to doing, best I can tell.

BL just did it because he knew he could. He knew it would make her even more dependent -- such an ego boost for someone with his personality type. A little cruelty can go a long way. Something was building up in him. Something evil, IMO.

I am still baffled that she wasn't found earlier by anyone, campers or rangers. I have read that it wasn't in an easy location to spot or discover. MOO.
I always felt the two day hike was to establish an albi. She was fine when he left her, he cane back and someone had killed her.
The week that he went back home to supposedly empty the storage is what is so odd to me. It is very difficult to believe he left her alone that long. Jmo

I always felt the two day hike was to establish an albi. She was fine when he left her, he cane back and someone had killed her.
The week that he went back home to supposedly empty the storage is what is so odd to me. It is very difficult to believe he left her alone that long. Jmo

bbm...i feel this way also...and i feel like the offer of $200 for an effort to make sure he and his story of being apart from GP for several days would be remembered...and it actually worked.

bbm...i feel this way also...and i feel like the offer of $200 for an effort to make sure he and his story of being apart from GP for several days would be remembered...and it actually worked.
$200 would probably bought him a room in a motel for a night or two..

Baez seems to want nothing to do with this.

"Attorney Jose Baez tells TMZ ... he has not spoken to the Laundrie family or Brian himself. He says, "Therefore, I do not represent him or anyone else related to the case" and tells us his current caseload makes it very unlikely he'd be available for this case "given its current complexities."

Brian Laundrie Family Will Not Be Repped by Casey Anthony Lawyer, Jose Baez

We'll see. IMO, the 'current complexities' could simply mean that BL's missing and hasn't been charged with murder. No teeth yet. That could change. I pay attention to wording.

IMO, if not Baez, it will be someone of his caliber. I certainly don't see SB defending BL in a federal trial.

MOO.

You'd think if this was going to be his story, he would have approached the other campers in the area, to inquire if they had seen Gabby.
Maybe he did. Clearly she was hard to find...which doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but no one found her quickly. MOO.

Agree, I feel he wanted someone to find her or have the van towed away from being in an illegal camping spot. Meanwhile he shows up all surprised. It didn't work out; i bet he was angry that everything was as he left it. Probably thought he was in the clear, and nobody will ever find her. Seems like he was willing to go back to life as usual until her parents were threatening to call LE.

As controlling of her as he was, it is very strange. Could whatever he went back home for been that important? Jmi
CL mentioned they had a storage locker. Wouldn't that be smaller than a unit? I rented a small unit and it was only $25 a month. How much money was saved by emptying vs/ paying for airfare round trip? And someone mentioned that BL was bringing back to Wyoming some supplies? What would he possibly have needed to carry back on an airplane, that his parents couldn't have mailed to him, much cheaper. None of this makes sense.

Did anyone just watch the CNN special? I was only half listening and now I can't find if it was recorded anywhere. Maybe it takes a little bit. But the CNN reporter was speaking to a man (possibly FBI?) about BL taking off from his parents and she said something like "so if someone is a person of interest shouldn't you have surveillance on them?" And this man responded something like "maybe we did" or "nobody is saying we didn't". Then he went on to say something like "if a guy goes for a walk in the woods we can't just go hiding behind tree to tree looking for him" (these are my words, not his).

So after that big vague statement, (geez, sorry, hopefully I can find the video and I'll update this post) but I'm thinking they really were watching BL at his parents and they did follow him TO Carlton Reserve but didn't get out and follow him on foot but sat in their car waiting, and then night came and he didn't come out. This would make sense as to why they are still searching Carlton Reserve. It's likely the last time police/FBI had their eyes on him.
I watched the special but must not have been focusing at that point.
My guess is that the guy was North Port Police Dept spokesperson Josh Taylor -- IIRC, he's said similar things before.

If that's what was said and who said it, you may be right that the NPPD followed him to the reserve. On the other hand, it's possible that they didn't follow BL to the reserve and that Taylor was trying to cover for his department by vaguely implying that they might have done so.

JMO

I do think Brian is guilty but...

I think Brian would have panicked at the very idea of being locked up. Which he probably would have been until/unless he proved himself innocent. He didn't even want to go to a hotel, but told the police he would prefer to sleep outside. For some, being locked up equals death. He may have run rather than face that.
Possibly, yes.

Who here would risk getting locked up for helping their son escape justice if they did not know he was guilty?
Could Brian Laundrie's parents be charged with obstruction of justice in Gabby Petito case?

"If the FBI asks, 'Do you know where your son is?' and they said no, and in fact they did...That is what's called a 1001 violation, which is lying to a federal officer for obstructing an investigation," she added. (Kirshner did not in any way imply or insinuate any crime was committed by the Laundries and only spoke in hypothetical terms.)

Should Chris and Roberta Laundrie be covering anything up about what they know, that could constitute obstruction of justice. However, they could also face potential charges of making false statements to additional accessory crimes, such as aiding and abetting or accessories after the fact if they knew or believe that their son killed Petito. Such independent charges could come if authorities feel they intended to assist Brian in hiding from police or concealing evidence.

Did he have the keys to the van, and did he have her debit card and any other methods of buying things? I guess knowing the answers to these questions might shed some light. I mean, she could have walked places from the hotel, but maybe her funds were severely limited, making a walk through town pointless. That’s pretty controlling, but that info isn’t available.
Maybe LE will find that the card was used while he was on his trip. If she was left with no resources, wouldn't Gabby have reached out to Rose or someone? Maybe BL took her phone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname