Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ever expect them to tell all they know at these events. It's also possible they caused considerable alarm and LE asked them to refrain from mentioning it.

Maybe. But they were really talking and emoting early on. A lot. And focused on not getting called back and telling us exactly what msg they left because they said they knew nothing. All understandable. But it's hard to believe that at that time they knew GP's cards had been used in Illinois. Later on, they kept stuff closer to the vest. But not early on. I'm talking about right before they called LE too. If one of them shared the accts, they could have seen the Aug 30-Sept 1 use long before calling LE on Sept 11. And likely would have called sooner. (Not that the outcome would have been different)

JMO

If I were the defense and they were admitted, I would take the transcript and reverse who said what, making Brian say what Gabby said and Gabby say what Brian said. I think it would be an I interesting exercise in how many view and value the gender differences in the situation. MOO!

I think the defense would be delighted to show evidence that police found him to be the victim of a domestic assault. It would set the stage for a possible self defense claim, or a claim that he had been battered for so long he just snapped.

(I DO NOT think this is true, I am just thinking like a defense attorney)

Amateur speculation only

Can I please ask whose Scribd account you are linking and what y’all are seeing there ? All I get is a sign in or create an account screen.
Thanks
I get the search warrant for the hard drive found in the van, uploaded by an Ellen K. If you google it, it should come up.

Except the prosecution could point out that the officers report was not an accurate report of what happened in that Moab stop. That is why it is being investigated and why the held up posting the second body cam recording for a month.

Not sure the prosecution ever wants to have to explain a police report was flawed if that can possibly be avoided. Calls into question other aspects of the case.

JMO

If he had just left her in the campground, she could have easily found help and a phone to use. And people would have said they saw here there, crying and stranded.

He did leave her there, but she was deceased, imo.
I know, my idea is not without doubt. I guess him killing her on the 27th, hiking for an alibi, and hitchhikking back to the van around 6:30/7pm two days later, for an undetermined amount of time before fleeing, makes sense to everybody else. I'm struggling with it, although willing to consider it. For now, I will maintain my openness to any possibility been the 27-30th. That's the timetable the FBI is asking for witnesses at Spread Creek.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how the relationship was between the two families. Was GP living there due to stress in her own home or was it only for romantic interests or something else? I can imagine if the parents did not get along or perhaps BL parents were fed some horrible story then perhaps they just refuse to talk. Or. BL intercepted the cells and silenced/blocked them from notifications. Who knows until they speak or he's found. unfortunately I'm beginning to thinnk he won't be found.

Is there a link to this about him returning 4x? Lots of talk about him heading back to FL thinking he's got time. Trying to think if I just killed someone and wanted to drive halfway across the country and hope i didn't get caught. Well.....i sure the heck wouldn't leave the victim out in the open in fairly bright clothing to be found. Brush, bury, sink, something.

The only 4X return is to Merry Piglets. Gabby is alive throughout.

If I were the defense and they were admitted, I would take the transcript and reverse who said what, making Brian say what Gabby said and Gabby say what Brian said. I think it would be an I interesting exercise in how many view and value the gender differences in the situation. MOO!
If you did that you would be failing to recognise the meaning or pattern of PTSD or Stockholm Syndrome that was demonstrated at the Moab stop.

This isn't new and newer journals are available easily on google search
The Relationship Between Stockholm Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Battered Women

'Cos at the end of the day it's the elephant in the room.
A girl is disintegrating before our very eyes, eroded completely, weakened beyond belief, she was only fit for sleep and lots of it.

A child experiencing a pyrexia may shiver and demand more blankets while sporting a temperature of 105F...

You need to know and understand what you are seeing, what she or the child are showing you, not telling.
It's easy if you've been there to read it.
But we've discussed it to death and it's still being omitted from conversations.

It is IMPERATIVE that the entire syndrome is understood by professionals, and not from a list, or vry many more women will die.

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
I’ll be on @Discord Sunday morning 11AM ET for an #AMA chat with the amazing r/GabbyPetito community fighting for #JusticeForGabby. Big thanks to the mods & community for the overwhelmingly warm invite to do this. We’ll have a wide-ranging convo on #GabbyPetito & #BrianLaundrie.
3:43 PM · Oct 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Did I see, I don’t know how many threads back, that one of our moderators here at ws was also trying to arrange en AMA with JB?

Here are 2 points I had not caught before:

WPTV obtained a copy of the search warrant, which states police needed to look through an external hard drive found inside a silver Ford Mustang at Laundrie's home, as well as text messages where Petito [Gabby] indicated growing tensions with Laundrie in conversations with her mother.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/live-fbi-executes-search-warrant-at-brian-laundries-florida-home

Oh interesting. I wonder why the hard drive was in the Mustang?

Florida has no jurisdiction over Gabby's murder.

And I'm not sure Federal Court does, either - but I don't blame lawyers here for not weighing in.

At any rate, it will be tried in Wy0ming. (sorry, I'm involved in a Montana case IRL),

I wasn't suggesting the case would be tried in Florida. I was suggesting that if the Laundries have to testify to a grand jury they may be able to do sue from a courthouse in Florida via Zoom (due to the pandemic).

I'm not saying that she wasn't a DV victim. She probably was and should have gotten out of that relationship before the violence escalated as it apparently did. [allegedly]

Again, I'm not saying that she wasn't a victim of DV or other type of abuse in that relationship, but I guess when I think of women who are in DV situations, they don't usually punch the man's arm when he's driving or grab the steering wheel or climb over him into a van because they would be afraid of being seriously hurt by the man. DV victims, in my mind walk on eggshells, to try to keep the man calm, and try not to do anything to set the man off. I haven't experienced DV myself, so I'm probably influenced by what I've seen in movies, and DV may have a spectrum that I'm unaware of. I just don't think of DV victims as being aggressive towards the abuser and getting into slap fights with him. I think of them as living in fear and constantly trying to please the man.
If they have repeatedly frightened you to the point of "Flight or Fight" panic attacks you will panic and hit at their arms, whatever, because some men will terrifie you with dangerous driving. They use the vehicle as a weapon. Jmo

At the distance where you see the black vertical line the video is suffering from the Nyquist theorem, or the Aliasing effect. The cameras processor is likely applying anti-aliasing which for a short period of time makes the object it's showing larger than it actually is, filling in the pixel gaps to make the object look solid.

It's the black ladder. .

It is absolutely not the black ladder. The ladder is way off to the right. This black line is near the center. It is also not a tree because all the trees are off to the side. The door absolutely was ajar and somebody shuts it as they approach.

That is true, as far as I know we don't know if they were joint accounts. If so I would assume the other party could Grant permission. MOO

So. you think federal charges would be filed if permission was granted?

There is, in that case, no crime so far. No reason to look for BL.

If you did that you would be failing to recognise the meaning or pattern of PTSD or Stockholm Syndrome that was demonstrated at the Moab stop.

This isn't new and newer journals are available easily on google search
The Relationship Between Stockholm Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Battered Women

'Cos at the end of the day it's the elephant in the room.
A girl is disintegrating before our very eyes, eroded completely, weakened beyond belief, she was only fit for sleep and lots of it.

A child experiencing a pyrexia may shiver and demand more blankets while sporting a temperature of 105F...

You need to know and understand what you are seeing, what she or the child are showing you, not telling.
It's easy if you've been there to read it.
But we've discussed it to death and it's still being omitted from conversations.

It is IMPERATIVE that the entire syndrome is understood by professionals, and not from a list, or vry many more women will die.
Interesting. My thoughts were if we reversed the words, I would have thought BL would be the one, then demonstrating those Stockholm symptoms. But you may be right, maybe it would make him appear to be the aggressor, more directly. Thank you for sharing this! Interesting article! MOO!

I'm not saying that she wasn't a DV victim. She probably was and should have gotten out of that relationship before the violence escalated as it apparently did. [allegedly]

Again, I'm not saying that she wasn't a victim of DV or other type of abuse in that relationship, but I guess when I think of women who are in DV situations, they don't usually punch the man's arm when he's driving or grab the steering wheel or climb over him into a van because they would be afraid of being seriously hurt by the man. DV victims, in my mind walk on eggshells, to try to keep the man calm, and try not to do anything to set the man off. I haven't experienced DV myself, so I'm probably influenced by what I've seen in movies, and DV may have a spectrum that I'm unaware of. I just don't think of DV victims as being aggressive towards the abuser and getting into slap fights with him. I think of them as living in fear and constantly trying to please the man.

Abusers absolutely KNOW which buttons to push...and when...to get the reaction they are looking for. IMO

Attachments

• 643D982B-0F55-4932-93F0-19371C7628A3.jpeg
    643D982B-0F55-4932-93F0-19371C7628A3.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics