UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

I hope this PI shines a bright light on this case that leads to an arrest and conviction of the murderer. Although anything is possible, since so few facts are available, it seems most likely in my opinion that the killer waited until after sunrise on Saturday, and while the victims were packing up to leave (rabbit in crate, bottles piled), he ambushed them.

Per Crystal’s obituary, she had four brothers, three of whom predeceased her. That’s a lot of loss for one family.

No mention of her wife in the obituary.

No mention of the children in prior news IMO.

Per Crystal’s obituary, she had four brothers, three of whom predeceased her. That’s a lot of loss for one family.

No mention of her wife in the obituary.

No mention of the children in prior news IMO.
Her parental rights were severed for her daughters, so that’s not surprising. You can put anything in an obituary but technically speaking, the girls aren’t legally her daughters.

I’m a little surprised that information wasn’t clearer on the last time they were seen alive. It seems now that the last time they were seen alive on security footage was 9-ish on the evening of the 13th. However, their friends saw them alive until around midnight when they set off on their way to their campsite. That condenses the time frame for the crime quite a bit. I find it to be crucial information, but I also don’t know everything that LE knows, so I could be wrong.

The creepy guy cant be brian surely?
For one the "creepy guy" had a car
Lots of clothes and food.
Brian had a backpack when dropped at the hotel near by.
If Kylan had witnessed the arguement between gabby and brian outside the co op wouldn't she have also mentioned that to her friends on the 13th of august at the tavern?

I think the cops have messed up big time and this P.I is clutching straws.

I agree 1000%.

The creepy guy cant be brian surely?
For one the "creepy guy" had a car
Lots of clothes and food.
Brian had a backpack when dropped at the hotel near by.
If Kylan had witnessed the arguement between gabby and brian outside the co op wouldn't she have also mentioned that to her friends on the 13th of august at the tavern?

I think the cops have messed up big time and this P.I is clutching straws.
As long as PI alleges BL -- he'll attract air time. LE has already stated that BL is not connected to the murder of these two women.

I agree that the PI is brilliantly keeping Brian as a potential suspect to keep the case in front of people, and active in with the media. Some might come forward to him but not to law enforcement.

With this new info about leaving a friend's place at around midnight on the 13th (spending hours there after having been at the tavern) makes it even less likely it was BL, imo.

We know the two witnesses for the GP & BL Moab police stop report were both male and not likely to be employees of Moonflower judging by their released statements/calls.

It is presumed that BL and GP reunited on the 13th (the separation having occurred on the 12th) and even if they didn't leave Moab that day and continue on towards SLC, GP would have been with him.

How does the timeline fit with K&C leaving a friend's place alive and well 12am - 1am and going to their remote campsite? Does it seem that likely that BL would have stalked them from the tavern and waited for them outside that long?That would also mean that he had to have had the van back to travel to the crime scene, which means he would have definitely been with GP. Can you honestly see her staying with him for two more weeks afterwards, if she had witnessed him following, stalking, attacking, raping and murdering/shooting these two women in cold blood?

Also the type of crime and use of a gun as the murder weapon seems very different from what happened to GP, which appears to me to be a very textbook personal DV murder (manual strangulation of an intimate partner).

It just doesn't make logical sense for BL to be a suspect in this case, in my opinion. But the private investigator is being very savvy to keep using BL's name in the media to raise public awareness for the case.

With this new info about leaving a friend's place at around midnight on the 13th (spending hours there after having been at the tavern) makes it even less likely it was BL, imo.

We know the two witnesses for the GP & BL Moab police stop report were both male and not likely to be employees of Moonflower judging by their released statements/calls.
<quote>

What was BP trying to do at the time of their altercation in Moab?
He was trying to take the keys away from her. Maybe this time he succeeded.

"
It is presumed that BL and GP reunited on the 13th (the separation having occurred on the 12th) and even if they didn't leave Moab that day and continue on towards SLC, GP would have been with him."

But not if he took the van, as he was trying to do on Aug 12.

"
It just doesn't make logical sense for BL to be a suspect in this case, in my opinion. But the private investigator is being very savvy to keep using BL's name in the media to raise public awareness for the case.
"

I totally agree. The PI Jensen makes a valid point--until we know where BL was on Aug 13, 14, maybe 15, we really cannot rule him out. I'm really surprised that to date, no one has been able to find out what they (or just he?) was doing.

But I just don't see any motive for it to be him other than just psycho-ness.

R.st.J

I read an obituary that did include her daughter's & son
No one is disagreeing with this, the obituary is the only place her children are mentioned. Legally the girls are not her children, which is likely why they aren’t mentioned anywhere except the obituary. Her family included the children in her obituary because you can write anything you want in an obituary, even though they are not legally her children. Does that make sense? Sorry if I’m not explaining it well.

It is presumed that BL and GP reunited on the 13th (the separation having occurred on the 12th) and even if they didn't leave Moab that day and continue on towards SLC, GP would have been with him.

How does the timeline fit with K&C leaving a friend's place alive and well 12am - 1am and going to their remote campsite? Does it seem that likely that BL would have stalked them from the tavern and waited for them outside that long?That would also mean that he had to have had the van back to travel to the crime scene, which means he would have definitely been with GP. Can you honestly see her staying with him for two more weeks afterwards, if she had witnessed him following, stalking, attacking, raping and murdering/shooting these two women in cold blood?

Also the type of crime and use of a gun as the murder weapon seems very different from what happened to GP, which appears to me to be a very textbook personal DV murder (manual strangulation of an intimate partner).

It doesn't make logical sense. The reason (obvious I know) people are clinging to this link is that its such an amazing coincidence that in area where these crimes are relatively rare these people ended up in the same place at the same time and 3 of them (possibly 4 now) are now dead. I think, from the posture of LE, that they have had a person in mind from the start and it's not Brian L.

It doesn't make logical sense. The reason (obvious I know) people are clinging to this link is that its such an amazing coincidence that in area where these crimes are relatively rare these people ended up in the same place at the same time and 3 of them (possibly 4 now) are now dead. I think, from the posture of LE, that they have had a person in mind from the start and it's not Brian L.
We are constantly reminded that the DA only gets one bite at the apple so the DA's office is not going to sign off to bring murder charges against a suspect and start the prosecutorial clock ticking until all the ducks are in water. I agree that they are watching somebody else here.

Have we heard from the friend? Just wondering if this person also went to the friend's house.

Reposting surveillance video from Woody’s Tavern so everyone can look at their faces again. We remember their loved ones want justice. They need to know what happened since the last time these women were seen alive. These flashes of smiles turn into heartbreaking moments of bodies lain on the ground never to move again. Who murdered Kylen and Crystal? Is a killer on the loose? Is this town reeling? One day, they’re just a normal small town and then there’s women dead, a possible killer near and a fugitive on the loose. How would my town or your town handle these sudden circumstances and consequences? Idk…
Family of two women found dead in Moab mourns the loss of young couple
(BONUS) The Campers
Kylen sure makes some weird eyes about this blonde girl. Speaking of Kylen's eyes does anybody else notice how weird her eye movements are in this video?

I’m a little surprised that information wasn’t clearer on the last time they were seen alive. It seems now that the last time they were seen alive on security footage was 9-ish on the evening of the 13th. However, their friends saw them alive until around midnight when they set off on their way to their campsite. That condenses the time frame for the crime quite a bit. I find it to be crucial information, but I also don’t know everything that LE knows, so I could be wrong.
How has it been corroborated that they arrived at the campsite at 1:00 AM?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back