Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't understand Florida reserves that well. Just weird parents would suddenly, the day it reopens, lead to the spot remains were found. Off a trail nea the car? How was this missed. Why do I still not trust the parents... Want to know actual body parts and DNA I guess but still suspicious. Like did he only get selectively eaten? By what a gator? Like what would be left

While personal items of BL were found by the partial human remains found, I’m still sticking to a description of his clothing that gives the FBI a reason to make a statement. That’s the only thing I can think of for the FBI to come out so quickly to make a statement of any kind re: BL. They know more than they are saying, rightly so until actual identification is confirmed. The backpack & notebook could have been left behind by BL but the odds of human remains at the same location…. Unlikely!

BBM

The vitriol has been despicable. Really and truly. I took a break from here for a couple of days because it wasn't nice to read.

This is tragic, and the image of the Laundries stood with the police officer who has his hand on CL's shoulder will stay with me for a long time.

MOO
I agree - another moment was when RL touched CL's cheek - like to brush away a tear.

SB statement: Chris and Robert Laundrie were at the reserve earlier today when human remains and some of Brian's possessions were located in an area where they had initially advised law enforcement that Brian may be. Chris and Roberta will wait for the forensic identification of the human remains before making any additional comments.

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1450930185000427525

I see what looks like mud and mold on the bag - but no significant hole. I do hope the notebook is readable and I do hope the two families can both have access to what, if anything, is legible from it.

And the post about the hole must be on a prior thread.

This is such a very sad story.
There is a hole on the front bottom of the bag and something black is poking out.
https://i.imgur.com/TCbsj8B.jpg

But yet the last video of their daughter is her crying and being scared in the back of a cop car saying her boyfriend grabbed her face “like this” and cut her cheek, then was ultimately found dead at a camp site most likely by her POI boyfriend when he strangled her. IMO. They are suffering more than the Laundries. Brian didn’t have to kill himself if that’s what happened. He could have faced a judge and jury, but no. So again, they still have THEIR memories. Gabby’s family is worse off.

I think it's really crass to make this a p*ssing contest about who is suffering the most.

Both families have lost a child. One family have the support of the nation, the other family have a baying mob screaming outside their home.

FBI Statement:

TAYLOR: Good afternoon. Josh Taylor with North Port Police Department. Thank you for your continued diligence on this story and thanks for your patience.

As you know, the North Port Police Department has worked collaboratively with the FBI throughout this investigation, so Special Agent Michael McPherson is going to make a prepared statement. There's not going to be any questions today, but hopefully it answers some of them.

Thank you.

MCPHERSON: Good afternoon. My name's Michael McPherson. I'm the special agent in charge of the FBI Tampa Division.

As you're aware, the FBI and the North Port Police Department and our state and local law enforcement partners have been searching the area of the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito.

Earlier today, investigators found what appears to be human remains, along with personal items, such as a backpack and notebook, belonging to Brian Laundrie. These items were found in an area that up until recently have been under water.

Our evidence response team is on scene using all available forensic resources to process the area. It's likely the team will be on scene for several days.

I know you have a lot of questions, but we don't have all the answers yet. We are working diligently to get those answers for you.

We are grateful for the dedication and professionalism of the North Port Police Department, along with our partners from the state and local agencies. Complex investigations such as this cannot be accomplished by one agency alone, but there are just too many agencies to name them all here today.

Portions of the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and Carlton Reserve remain closed to the public until further notice.

This is an active and ongoing investigation, so we ask the public to maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and other related activity for the safety of the public and to protect the integrity of our work.

We have no additional comment related to today's activities. Our FBI Denver office is the lead investigative agency and all future inquiries should be directed to them.

We appreciate the tremendous support from the public and continue to ask for your assistance in bringing this investigation to a close. Thank you.

EDIT: Please disregard any spelling or grammatical errors. I attempted to get this out as fast as I could for easy reference.
BBM
This could have been done in a tweet.
MOO

In the movie Winter's Bone, a young gal had to saw off both of her dead father's hands (he coincidentally being in a swamp) because providing just one hand was not enough for the law to declare a person deceased, since so many will sacrifice just one hand to evade the law.

So I hope enough of BL is found, (if he is dead) ie vital parts. Otherwise it's just 10 years of youtube conspiracy over a bit of DNA, and some weird coincidences with the discovery. IMO
If we're going to bring up movies, maybe it's an ear or two, like in Blue Velvet. The distinctive ear shape had to go if he were to remain on the run.

First, I never expected the FBI to tell me if this was BL or not. If they found partial body parts, they are just body parts and have to go through the lab for DNI for positive ID. What if they are not BLs? Secondly, there seems to be more there because they have brought in dogs and are not making any move to leave. I am not even going to comment on the notebook they found. And thirdly, even though we maybe don't agree with or like the behavior of his parents, even if it is proven to be BL, the L family will have lost a son and a brother and we need to be mindful. MOO, MOO

If indeed this is him, I've thought Brian was dead in the reserve all along.

He wasn't a sophisticated, criminal mastermind outwitting LE/FBI, US Marshalls, etc. at every turn. He was a disturbed young man who murdered his innocent girlfriend I'm just surprised he didn't off himself in WY after Gabby.

I'm so sorry Gabby's family and loved ones will never have the answers they've been so desperately seeking. BL took the easy way out and left a trail of grief and despair in his wake.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members