Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one in the thread who thinks Brian was not in contact with anyone and he did not have a burner? Just curious.

I don't think he was. I think it's evident now he left to harm himself. I also think all the coincidences / bumbles in case are very odd. The case started out that Gabby was missing for 10 days without her fiancé telling a soul she was missing after driving their 'home' back to his parent's house in FL. Where he just continued on with life as did everyone around him. It's understandable some questions the Laundries true intentions.
I do think when BL left on the 13th his parents knew he killed Gabby. I wouldn't speculate on how much information they had. I do fully believe when BL left before Gabby's body was discovered the Laundries knew she was gone by his hand.

I agree. Amateur speculation - given the fact that the remains were found near what are definitively BLs belongings, in an area he was thought to have gone to when he disappeared, it is his body and everyone knows it. They just cannot officially say that because it is a skeleton. MOO

Yeah, I'm not saying it's impossible, considering they against all odds found a different fugitive man in the preserve earlier this week (!!) and, I think, maybe even extra sets of remains (don't quote me on that though); but, "bones plus belongings" is a pretty dire combination to ignore.

Does anyone know if it's likely that if someone or something died within weeks or even a couple months that the decomposition would lead to just 'bones' at this point in time? Seems too quickly to me. I used to hike a lot and came across many many animal remains and the only ones I found that were 'bones' only had clearly been there for a very long time because they were sun-bleached and it was just visually obvious around them that they had been there for quite some time. MOST of the animal remains I have found still had fur, dried blood, flies, etc on them even though it was obvious they still weren't there anytime extremely recently.
it always depends on the conditions, but a human body can be at least partially skeletonized within a matter of weeks. If BL was in water it could have been expedited by fish scavenging. I recommend watching Joseph Scott Morgan talking about the case, he really breaks it down.

Last edited:
I don't understand the preoccupation with the Laundries and the white bag. Clearly law enforcement did not tell them that they had to leave anything they find for processing or else they would have. LE handled the bag without gloves. I think they knew even before yesterday morning that they were looking for a dead body to close to the case, not a fugitive to prosecute.

In my opinion, I am so glad that the Laundries stuck to their story and went back to where the Mustang was parked, just as they told LE to do. With their help and insistence on going, this case may finally be closed. Good for them for being brave enough to do that.

I agree that it is strange but we have to remember the FBI executed the federal search warrant at LAundrie's house on the 20th. Which means the FBI were on the case before the 20th. Also if you check the indictment for the unauthorized access federal charges on Gabby's debit card, they were written up on the 20th, which means they were involved days before.
Yeah but he'd already annoyed the Chief so much Chief had tweeted for him to get in touch!
There was a lot of messing around and we don't know the half of it.
JMO

@mikerreports from Fox was following them and said after the Ls found the bag, they had it for 20-30 minutes before they met LE and handed the bag over…so I guess not really close enough to view.
I have a hard time accepting that time amount. The L's were only there a very short time and I cannot imagine them standing around for thirty minutes waiting for an agent. But, I wasn't there so I don't know factually the time span.

I wonder if there were weights on/near the remains (if they were skeletal). Part of me thinks he used weights to weigh himself down and drowned himself. JMO.
Someone before said that perhaps the backpack was on the remains. could be like a weight, to support your theory. but of course, the conditions of the remains would make it pretty much impossible to know if it was a drowning.

Upthread/past thread, there is a quote from someone (I forget source, unfortunately), saying that a body can fully skeletonize in as little as 3 (IIRC) weeks.
As they are reporting that the area was underwater for weeks, I did a google search for "bodies discovered in water."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

*WARNING* Pictures of bodies recovered from water. Scrolling down to the very bottom there is a picture of a completely skeletonized body that had been in warm water just a few days.

Okay questions ...

I just heard the remains are skeletal, does that make it harder to verify if it is Brian? If they have dental it might be easier. But more importantly, if it's him can they target his time of death.

Not to mention if his remains are skeletal doesn't that mean he highly likely he has been here a while, ergo perhaps all those sightings were bogus and the Laundries were being more honest than we thought as well

@WestGL said:
The people who say Brian had no guilt or remorse or was a raging sociopath or serial killer or was evil personified, I just don’t see it. I see an insecure dweeb who is probably very sensitive and easily offended. and In my mind everything he did since the murder screamed that he knew he made the ultimate mistake and there was no way out.

MOO

I see it differently. I think those possibilities do exist. (That is, if he indeed murdered her.)

IMO, the signs of his abuse towards her and manipulation of LE seems to indicate he's experienced and skilled at it and that it's not new or rare.

Also, I don't think strangulation is like a one-time heat-of-the-moment slap. I think it's purposeful, personal, abusive control that terrorizes the victim. The abuser is telling the victim that their life is in the abuser's hands. IMO. Victims who survive can have long-term, debilitating damage.

To me, that's something more than just a sensitive dweeb who got in over his head IMO.

Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online

“Former FBI agent Stuart Kaplan told DailyMail.com: 'I do believe that there was some sort of agreement where they accepted immunity in exchange for their full cooperation”. The article goes on to explain a bit more and rehash the past info on the case.

I did not bold the above, it was bolded by news. Article is interesting. May have some merit. Yes, I know it’s from DM. Still I can see the Laundries reaching a deal if they had held back info or gave false info. Everything is strange about this case. That’s why the media and public are so interested in it. All the strange happenings. Moo

Their silence saids a lot even if their attorney is trying to take the blame for them not making any statements. To not even give their sympathies way in the beginning when Gabby was missing…..saids a lot to me. JMOO

and we wait….for DNA results, is it or is it not BL?

Hmmm, this is interesting and definitely not a consideration I made until reading this. Wonder if when the Laundries told the attorney they were going to search the reserve it was something like "Yeah we will take the deal, and take them to evidence/BL..." Speculative only.

Why did he choose a violent suicide if he did? There are easier ways to die, surely?
Why did he choose the swamp as his last resting place?
I can't make head nor tail of it.
Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....

I also wonder why, if there was an area that the parents said they were sure would yield clues from the beginning, and they were unable to do any search of that area within 3 days of BL disappearance, why wouldnt the receding of the water be viewed as an opportunity to do that search by LE? Why would they end the search and open the park to visitors when the water had finally receded enough to make a thorough search that, it appears, would have yielded clues for the first time? JMO

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members