Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have had access to some of the best medical and psychiatric practitioners around, .... all these things you speak of there, he had those opportunities...

I think he had had enough of himself. A life of rolling failure, even Brian must have seen the endgame, .. I have no doubts he was chin up and resolute , man of the woods thing, right to the last., He would not have wanted to give up the persona he had clothed himself in. I went back and looked at that Moab incident again, and Brian is actually persuading himself most of all that he holds all the strings, runs this circus, man in charge.

I don't hold any hope that he wrote a sorry note. Not Brian. He would maintain that Gabby provoked him, he being such a calm rational guy and her being OCD and all that.

He would probably maintain he was misunderstood, misapprehended, misadvised, but most of all he was misanthropic. People infested places, and he suddenly realised he was part of the infestation and not part of the pest control.

Audio clip of SB saying he spoke with BL on 9/12 and on 9/13.

https://twitter.com/mahsawho/sstatus/1451327792184975366?s=21

Did #BrianLaundrie ever speak to his family's attorney? I spoke with the Laundrie family's attorney Steve Bertolino today to get a better idea of what happened in the days surrounding the disappearance of #GabbyPetito's fiancé. Full story on @WFLA: bit.ly/3CjbZzT

So when will we know Brian's cause of death? I know suicide is likely, but animal attack is possible, I suppose.

I believe it will be determined to be suicide by gunshot wound to the head. <modsnip - no link> Remains were bones which included a partial skull. The skull would have remained intact unless it was shattered by some major head trauma like a gunshot wound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Criminal law is listed in his specialties on his website if you look closely. And for those who are adamant and think its so suspicious they lawyered up and believe he's not a criminal attorney even though its listed on his website, then it supports the idea even more that the Laundrie parents didn't think anything sinister was going on

IMO the L's attorney is someone they have used in previous real estate dealings and may have been the only attorney they are familiar with. It was mentioned in some of the first threads about this case that they had used this particular attorney before. IMO that doesn't have anything to do with anyone's guilt or innocence. It was pure and simple convenience.

He could have had access to some of the best medical and psychiatric practitioners around, .... all these things you speak of there, he had those opportunities...

I think he had had enough of himself. A life of rolling failure, even Brian must have seen the endgame, .. I have no doubts he was chin up and resolute , man of the woods thing, right to the last., He would not have wanted to give up the persona he had clothed himself in. I went back and looked at that Moab incident again, and Brian is actually persuading himself most of all that he holds all the strings, runs this circus, man in charge.

I don't hold any hope that he wrote a sorry note. Not Brian. He would maintain that Gabby provoked him, he being such a calm rational guy and her being OCD and all that.

He would probably maintain he was misunderstood, misapprehended, misadvised, but most of all he was misanthropic. People infested places, and he suddenly realised he was part of the infestation and not part of the pest control.

And now, he is indeed, part of the pest control.

Would there even be an estate? I'm not sure how that works when you don't really have anything.
Good question. What if the Laundries do not fight any possible civil lawsuit and simply hand over the entire estate to the plaintiff?

no 5th Amendment in a civil case.

That doesn't seem right. If that's true then all LE/courts would need to do to break 5th amendment protections is drum up a civil suit against a suspect and force them to speak.

It's completely speculation - here, but also elsewhere. I suppose Gabby's family could sue for the notebook, on the grounds that it has monetary and other value to them.

The notebook is very likely still in the hands of LE and will be for some time yet. If there is anything case relevant, I'm sure Gabby's family will be advised immediately.

I watched her interview but you need to check the facts.
Fact: Cassie said she wasn't able to talk to Brian about gabby
*ABC misinterprets and says Cassie did not see Brian since he got back*

Fact: SB stated Brian saw cassie on the 1st
Public: Everyone goes crazy calling cassie a liar when ABC misreported
*Another news outlet posts that Brian stopped by cassie's house on the 1st OTW home from wyoming with the van*
Fact: SB never said he stopped by on the way home with the van all he said was Brian saw cassie on the 1st.
Cassie thinks SB was throwing her under the bus but he was not.

To your second remark:
He did not "release a statement" during Dr Blue's call. He was just replying to a text from one of the reporters and it was bad timing. If you watched WFLA live the person clarifies that he was responding to a text from her earlier that day. People just want to vilify the attorney for some reason. JMO

And some want to defend him for some reason.

IMO the L's attorney is someone they have used in previous real estate dealings and may have been the only attorney they are familiar with. It was mentioned in some of the first threads about this case that they had used this particular attorney before. IMO that doesn't have anything to do with anyone's guilt or innocence. It was pure and simple convenience.
SB in an interview last night said he had been friends with the Laundries for over 20 years

I just read that the partial skull is BL's. How very sad for GP's family. I hope they can find some peace in all of this someday. Maybe Bl's family could not have made a difference in her death; however they could have helped to solve the case and told her family what actually happened. But they did not and now I don't care if Bl's family ever finds peace as he and they are the reason things turned out this way. I do however have some empathy for CL as I am still not sure how much she knew. His parents can rot in He** in their grief. Gabby's family has no choice in their grief they will find a way to get thru this and make a difference regardless. My heart breaks for them from now on. I will always pray for her family.RIP GP you did not deserve this!
moo

Last edited:
I suppose the most perplexing thing for me may always be this:

Brian takes the Mustang out to the Wildlife Preserve allegedly to hike. His parents go a couple of days later to get the parked Mustang and drive it to their home; thereby, leaving Brian without a way to travel when or if he decided to leave the Wildlife Preserve. How does one actively abandon one's own child?

I cannot make sense of that movement. I do believe had it been my child, I would have stood beside the Mustang until the FBI dragged me away with wild horses.

This has indeed been one of the most traumatic months spent in true crime. As a proud grandmother, it's difficult to realize that Gabby will never present her precious newborn babies to her parents for mine are truly mighty fine gifts.

May Gabby's sweet soul rest in peace.
If he had come out from his hike and found the car gone, he might have freaked thinking someone stole it. But my understanding (though I could be wrong) is that it would not have been much of a walk for him to get home. JMO

There's hardly a point in suing BL's "estate" anyway, which probably consists of a skateboard and some clothes. I'd just let such a suit default into judgment for the plaintiff and be done with it. Legally, you do not have to respond to a civil lawsuit at all. The plaintiff then just gets a skateboard and some clothes. It's not even worth the cost of an attorney. jmo

This was my understanding.
His family could/should have turned him over to police on Sept 1. He'd still be alive had they done that! MOO

Gabby wasn't reported missing until September 11th (official report. Her mother's first attempt was Sept. 10). The Laundrie family may not have known that she was missing before that time. We have no idea what BL told them.

MOO.

I don't know how to pull a post over from another thread, but to the one who replied to me about the burner phone. They didn't do anything, we just purchased the phone. ATT didn't do anything for it other than ring it up. WE took it home and activated it.

But ATT still knows which branch you bought it at - and they tend (for legal reasons) to keep those records longer than, say, 7.11. You are definitely on camera buying that particular phone - how long they'll keep it? Dunno.

If you used your home wifi to activate it, then they know that address as well. To keep a phone a true "burner" phone, a person needs to activate it someplace where there is public wifi and no cameras (I can't think of a single place near me, but I live in SoCal). Or go to a friend's house. To get onto the public wifi where I work, you have to register (as a student) and they take all kinds of info. I was prompted to use the wifi at the doctor's office today - but to do so, I had to give a valid email address, etc., etc

If there was another way of activating not involving wifi (all my devices need wifi to activate), your first ping on that new phone was still off a tower near your house...best thing to buy is a phone with no GPS, but a phone with no cellular service is a dead box. And many/most phones have GPS enabled on them these days, whether the phone is very smart or not. I'm not sure ATT employees are experts on finding just the right phone to use for clandestine purposes.

It can be done, is done all the time, but often crooks are not as smart as they think. When I put a new SIM into my. iPad while traveling, I have to provide the new provider with a valid email address as well (and I do have an offshore email address) but I use my phones on wifi in hotels, so the hotel would have a record of that device being at the hotel. Cell pings record the ID of the phone...and some bad guys have been caught by LE simply tracking down all the phones that pinged within a certain window (especially when it comes to wilderness crimes).

Traveling some distance to a non-local ATT store is obviously done as well, and then if the phone is only used far from home, that could help keep it secret. But as I said, cameras are everywhere. Mall parking lots, schools, etc

In the present case, we know that BL went to the preserve. So, FBI would certainly look at all pings from towers out of that preserve and get a list of IMEI numbers. Most of those numbers would connect for just one sunny afternoon, others would connect over several days. (hmmm, someone is staying in the park). Then go to the ATT store where it was purchased, get all the records they could...so would be best not to use said burner phone in one's criminal lair for at least six months.

Why not? If it helps, they are also hip, if that's what you're getting at.
No I didn't know they are hip. The ones we had came in yellow covers stiff with blue lined paper, very utilitarian, scientific looking. I wasn't meaning a dig, just that the ones I had were not like dream journaling notebooks I see around now, with arty covers, etc.

My own random thoughts of a civil suit weren't along the lines of wrongful death, as I agree the Laundries can't plausibly be found liable for Gabby's death, but I was idly considering other civil matters like intentional infliction of emotional distress (linked in prev thread) or I don't know, something related to the idea that they shielded him, helped him flee, and as a result he ended up dead instead of standing trial for killing Gabby. But as I mentioned also in the last thread, that would probably be a criminal rather than civil matter, and IMO they're unlikely to be charged even with evidence, because their son is dead.

The whole thing is so frustrating, in addition to be being tragic. I think it's normal for people to wish there was a way for someone to pay for their part in all this, however secondary their part may have been.

But doesn't intentional infliction of emotional distress have to involve actions that were outrageous or extreme? As measured by ordinary society. Not necessarily here on WS :) And exercising a Constitutional right to remain silent or engaging an attorney isn't an outrageous action. Neither is refusing to answer one's phone on a given day.

So far as helping Brian escape, escape to the park to die? I guess. But even if they did, intentional infliction of emotional distress has to mean the party caused the emotional distress the party suffered. I'm not buying GP's family is primarily suffering because there won't be a prosecution of Brian. Think they are distressed for other reasons like GP's death and the Laundries didn't cause that.

Sometimes there's just no grounds to win the big money in court. Not saying the family would want money but that's the reason people sue. That's the remedy offered.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member