Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm in the minority thinking this will turn out to be such an easier route for Gabby's family, than if he had been brought back to stand trial. There's now no trial, no standing by while a faction insists on his innocence, no having cameras shoved in their faces while they come and go from the courthouse, no attending parole hearings every few years, no putting up with "where is he now" updates in the media on how he's doing, etc.

It's done. Now they can focus on her foundation, and raising their other children and making life as bearable as possible for them.

Please move over just a bit, @LauraAnne, and let me stand beside you. I totally agree with your comments, and I have felt this way throughout.

No trial means no agonizing Medical Examiner report, testimony, and pictures of Gabby -- pics of her body where it was found; pics of her neck and possibly other injuries re her COD; pics of her after her body was cleaned up and readied for the autopsy itself; and who knoze what other pics of her and possible other sad or maddening testimony.

Also, no defense attorney trying, at least a little bit, to show perhaps how Gabby may have "provoked" BL's anger (grrrrr), and a possible excuse or defense for his anger when her hurt her until she died. The pity party.
And whatever else that her parents might have to see and hear, and never be able to forget.
And Brian's death -- suicide or gator attack or whatever led to his death would possibly enter the testimony; would his parents or his sister be put on the stand?
A prosecutor trying his/her best to show how and why BL chose to kill Gabby, and the words, words, words of all of it.
Let it all rest. It's done. BL has testified enuff by his own actions. No one needs to hear more of it - In my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how you (also general you) can think that this is the end of this case. I firmly believe that LE will put the final puzzle pieces together and let the general public know that they believe BL killed Gabby (and hopefully there will be a civil suit too).

You said yourself that they need to rule out the minuscule possibility that someone besides Brian killed her, so for that reason alone they should alert the public to the truth in this case. Especially since it got such a huge following. MOO

Yes. I'm sure they'll continue the "investigation" and probably announce the conclusion that brian killed gabby. But there is nothing about the bag and the notebook that will change the outcome of that. Which is what started this convo -- why didn't they care that the parents touched those items before LE did. jmo

Sheriff Judd Grady of Polk County said that he would have taken him inright away for stealing the van.

So Judd Grady would have been standing near their van in Wyoming when Brian drove off?

Or, he would have somehow known to be at the Laundrie home on Sept 1?

Wouldn't he at least have had to have a heads up - from North Port - that a woman was missing? Then he could investigate the plates on the boyfriend's van - but wait.

That's exactly. what NPPD did. How would Grady have arrested Brian in Wyoming? How would he know to look for the van as it entered Florida?

Every state has some sort of emergency psych hold. Who can initiate, who is eligible, the criteria for commitment, length of time, etc. varies from state to state.
Ironically, I just watched a TrueCrime show last night that was set in Florida- Fear Thy Neighbor- where a woman falsely convinced a judge because she was a psychologist to commit her neighbor for examination. In Florida, they call it the Baker Act. In CA it's called being 5150'ed.

Well I was wrong. I didn't think there was any way he was in the reserve.

I'm in the "wrong camp" as well.

I was convinced POI BL wouldn't step foot in that reserve, I firmly believed he would make a run for it.

I've been busy today, have they stated the cause yet?

IIRC on 9/25 there was commotion around the Laundrie's house due to folks hearing a gunshot.

I used to think about BL using hanging but assumed he would be far more visible that way (assuming people hang themselves up in trees). What aspects do you feel it would explain?
i believe they will find out that he either cut his wrist or took drug overdose, to me that is a way Brian would choose, i doubt he would have worried about bringing rope, climbing up tree to hang it and all that plus im sure the rope would still be hanging there.

My thoughts on the SB interview.
1) He was pretty freaking disrespectful to Marni. The folks at NewsNation have covered this case so we’ll & IMO fairly. Trying to get answers to what their viewers are asking while trying to be rooted in reality & respectful to both families. It made me so mad how he was talking to her. I know he apologized at the end but my goodness!!
2) SB acts like the “people on the internet; Twitter, Facebook, all things internet…” are crazed idiots with the questions that are being asked. Granted some stuff is out there, but if enough of their viewership has the same questions, they are obligated to ask that. He forgets how huge of a social media case this is & how a lot of the cable news viewership for this is the ppl on the internet. Not to mention that a lot of ppl have those questions…not just social media users. He was very dismissive of that IMO.
3) He seems to act like the parents’ behavior being questioned is out right preposterous & unwarranted & how their behavior was “simple.” He used the word “simple” so many times.
There were other tidbits like the Cassie thing, but the way SB conducted himself in that interview flew all over me. Props to Marni for keeping it cool & respectful.

All JMO :)

My thoughts on the SB interview.
1) He was pretty freaking disrespectful to Marni. The folks at NewsNation have covered this case so we’ll & IMO fairly. Trying to get answers to what their viewers are asking while trying to be rooted in reality & respectful to both families. It made me so mad how he was talking to her. I know he apologized at the end but my goodness!!
2) SB acts like the “people on the internet; Twitter, Facebook, all things internet…” are crazed idiots with the questions that are being asked. Granted some stuff is out there, but if enough of their viewership has the same questions, they are obligated to ask that. He forgets how huge of a social media case this is & how a lot of the cable news viewership for this is the ppl on the internet. Not to mention that a lot of ppl have those questions…not just social media users. He was very dismissive of that IMO.
3) He seems to act like the parents’ behavior being questioned is out right preposterous & unwarranted & how their behavior was “simple.” He used the word “simple” so many times.
There were other tidbits like the Cassie thing, but the way SB conducted himself in that interview flew all over me. Props to Marni for keeping it cool & respectful.

All JMO :)
Agree completely with everything you said!

Brian Laundrie's remains found in Florida, attorney says

To Note:
The North Port police Thursday told NewsNation in a statement that they were 100% confident the Laundries did not bring anything with them to the reserve while searching for their son.

Statement:
What I can say is that NPPD met the family at the park yesterday. We did not want them out there without our view. So we followed them around. Together at some times and within a few hundred feet at others. We are 100% confident the family did not bring any items, which were found yesterday, with them. We’ve been saying “odd” from the beginning, so nothing new there. The family did not locate or see the remains. The remains and items had clearly been there for some time.

North port police

BBM

The guy is a hot head.
Yelled, blamed, cussed, talked over the host
Then apologizes .
Passive aggressive .
He ,when questioned on it , admitted he never “knew “ Brian...but imagined he was a good kid yadda yaya…
Circular talker, blame shifter.
Nope , not buying any of what he’s selling .

MOO

That's all fair, and I can see that.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Not enough answers. Brian took those to his grave. Flight/suicide are Consciousness of Guilt legally, but it hasn't yet been determined conclusively that he murdered her, when, or why. All of those questions plus his own death remain unanswered at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be interested for sure to hear your thoughts! I was kind of feeling vicarious cringe on his behalf. He was slightly unhinged IMO.
I'm getting off in a minute I have a few things recorded to catch up on. Last interview i saw with Cuomo, he was still trying the case in public. MOO And, IMOO, he's doing it bc he knows it's not over yet and he is still concerned. MOO

Edit: He slipped up in the Cuomo interview too IMO. I didn't post it tonight bc I didn't feel like digging out the clip. Probably tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member