Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's interesting. According to this article BL went missing on the 12th rather than the 13th. Still doesn't explain why his family didn't report him missing to NPPD to begin with.

People don't think of you as missing when you leave, only when you don't come back after a certain amount of time. Why do you think they should have reported him missing on the 13th? He wasn't missing then. He was out hiking or camping or meditating or getting his head right.

Maybe. But he was nearly 24. If he was so rage-filled, why did that not show up in arrests or encounters with LE? I realize his juvie record may be sealed but he turned 18 a long time ago. Or why wasn't his rage spoken about by somebody now that he's in the news? The entire world wasn't tiptoeing around him. At most there seems to be one co-worker saying he got mad easily but that guy also thought he was a "weirdo" for doing yoga.
JMO

Because that's not how domestic violence works. What a lot of assumptions you've made - I wouldn't make them.

Some people are not known well t0 anyone outside their immediate families. That's a fact.

Rage is not proven to be a chronic problem in this case. Many other explanations (disassociation...many other mental states besides rage, which to me as a biological scientist, has a specific meaning - which corresponds closely to what ordinary people observe).

The entire world may very well have been tiptoeing around this young man (if I were betting, I'd say so - you have no evidence, but the world has evidence that PERHAPS some people were tiptoeing around him).

What do coworkers have to do with this? Publix? His parents' employees? <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you think his family would like all his remains found? And the general public doesn't want to be stumbling over human bones in a public park. Jeeeeez.
If the cops don't have all his remains, it's not on the public to find them either. That police department is inept, IMHO.

JMO
It's very possible that more of BL could never be found, especially if a gator/boar/bird etc took stuff away to another location

Police say Brian Laundrie likely died two days after Gabby Petito went missing

A spokesman for the North Port police said that there was a “very good possibility” that Brian Laundrie was dead two days after Gabby Petito was reported missing.

Anthropologist examining Brian Laundrie’s remains may have results by end of November

Steven Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, said that the results of a forensic anthropologist's examination of Brian Laundrie's remains are expected by the end of November.

As indicated in the article, LE are saying that he was most likely deceased two days after GP's body was found in reference to them mistaking RL for BL.

IMO they do not know for sure when BL died (nor does anyone else at this point). That is simply an attempt to dismiss the fact that they messed up surveillance of BL. IMO.

People don't think of you as missing when you leave, only when you don't come back after a certain amount of time. Why do you think they should have reported him missing on the 13th? He wasn't missing then. He was out hiking or camping or meditating or getting his head right.
I must have been mistaken. I thought, according to SB, that he was very upset when he left for his hike. Since he was so agitated that his father tried to stop him, I'd have thought his parents would have been concerned enough to report him missing when he didn't return that night. Oh well.

I must have been mistaken. I thought, according to SB, that he was very upset when he left for his hike. Since he was so agitated that his father tried to stop him, I'd have thought his parents would have been concerned enough to report him missing when he didn't return that night. Oh well.

Absolutely. If they later said they were concerned that BL might hurt himself, why didn't they immediately report him missing. Their actions didn't match their claims of concern. IMO.

I don't want to minimize the potential of some hidden meaning behind his posts. However, if my "interests" and social media/browser history came under scrutiny....OMG. I'd be in major trouble. :eek:

My own mother would say I have far more than a passing interest in things that are dark to most people. Doesn't make me anything but curious. JMO

I could say exactly the same. If anyone looked at what I have on my PC they'd think I was not only planning how to murder someone but how to get rid of as much evidence as possible. We've seen his PI posts before but the point of my post was simply to show how many of those things have come to pass, not that it was his intention to do them.

Being upset and/or agitated is still not being missing. If you think someone is in the reserve and agitated, you don't think he is missing. But days later when they don't return, you may start thinking along the lines of missing.

As indicated in the article, LE are saying that he was most likely deceased two days after GP's body was found in reference to them mistaking RL for BL.

IMO they do not know for sure when BL died (nor does anyone else at this point). That is simply an attempt to dismiss the fact that they messed up surveillance of BL. IMO.
I wonder how much the NPPD went into the decision to remove Gabby's memorial at the L house.

Trying to distance themselves from Gabby's case perhaps? MOO

Absolutely. If they later said they were concerned that BL might hurt himself, why didn't they immediately report him missing. Their actions didn't match their claims of concern. IMO.

Spending multiple nights in the reserve and other areas is something that BL has done before. When it extends beyond the normal is when you grow really concerned. They were probably more concerned for him if he came home to the circus of media out front than him meditating in the natural spaces he loved.

I wonder how much the NPPD went into the decision to remove Gabby's memorial at the L house.

Trying to distance themselves from Gabby's case perhaps? MOO

I would guess that because it was on private property owned by the L's they could have complained and asked to have it removed so they didn't have to remove it and face any protesters still on the scene. IMO.

I could say exactly the same. If anyone looked at what I have on my PC they'd think I was not only planning how to murder someone but how to get rid of as much evidence as possible. We've seen his PI posts before but the point of my post was simply to show how many of those things have come to pass, not that it was his intention to do them.

A couple days ago I looked up what insects are best for rapidly stripping a body down to bone. Fortunately the days of my buying/building ant farms for the kids are way past or someone might really start taking a closer look at me.

I would guess that because it was on private property owned by the L's they could have complained and asked to have it removed so they didn't have to remove it and face any protesters still on the scene. IMO.
its not private property next to the road. There is a strip of land that belongs to whatever agency owns the road.

Because that's not how domestic violence works. What a lot of assumptions you've made - I wouldn't make them.

Some people are not known well t0 anyone outside their immediate families. That's a fact.

Rage is not proven to be a chronic problem in this case. Many other explanations (disassociation...many other mental states besides rage, which to me as a biological scientist, has a specific meaning - which corresponds closely to what ordinary people observe).

The entire world may very well have been tiptoeing around this young man (if I were betting, I'd say so - you have no evidence, but the world has evidence that PERHAPS some people were tiptoeing around him).

What do coworkers have to do with this? Publix? His parents' employees? It's really strange to me that you think murderous first crimes are preceded by prior arrests.

I have been wondering the same things as far as psychosocial history. Prior arrests, defiant behaviors, fighting, etc.

That piece of grass is city property though according to city records. The first 2 or so feet of property in that subdivision is city property (can't remember exact footage) Would have to find link again but I have seen it in the past week or so.

Being upset and/or agitated is still not being missing. If you think someone is in the reserve and agitated, you don't think he is missing. But days later when they don't return, you may start thinking along the lines of missing.
If they weren't concerned why did they go out looking for him on the 13th and 14th, again according to SB?

I agree. Last night after reading posts about cost of the van, I wondered if the FBI will have the van crushed / destroy it or return it to GP parents. I would not want to think of anyone using it nor would I want to see it again. Unfortunately, the Murderabilia industry is alive and well. For that reason, I hope GP parents do sue BL estate for wrongful death so any future profits from his artwork would go to Gabby's Foundation. MOO.

FBI did hold an auction for Unabomber items and gave proceeds to victim fund. Maybe they do this with old evidence. MOO
Unabomber auction nets $190,000
I would be surprised if Gabby's van does not get crushed TBH. I just can't see her parents keeping it to use it for anything nor can I see them selling it for it to become some "prop" in a museum or something like that.
I also can't imagine them auctioning it off for the foundation.

MOO
Speculation

That piece of grass is city property though according to city records. The first 2 or so feet of property in that subdivision is city property (can't remember exact footage) Would have to find link again but I have seen it in the past week or so.

Hmmm. If it wasn't because the L's own the property, perhaps it was at the request of people who live near it. Maybe they didn't want a place for protesters to gather and continue the circus they have had tolerate for over a month. IMO.

If they really wanted their channel to take off, they had to do both. IIRC, they had reservations for more than one night at Arches (or at least Gabby discussed that on Dyrt, IIRC). They had been to three NP's and one national monument, had a bunch of footage, she wanted to get something on the channel.

They didn't spend hours and hours taking photos at each park, at least in terms of what she posted (a lot of it is on her Insta). Editing and compiling and adding sound takes time. 6 hours is nothing. And she had to do it where there was wifi - no wifi in Arches...and I don't think the original plan was for her to stay in a hotel in SLC.

By my estimate, they had a lot of footage that was just sitting there - she had enough for 2 more Van Life videos, at least (going by what's on Insta).

Any thoughts on why there isn't much about the trip prior to Gabby and BL getting to the Colorado area?
I know there are some pictures video clips on Gabby's IG stories but not much else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member