Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, none of us know very much about anything that transpired in his family. We have no idea what the family dynamics were. We are completely clueless except for the carefully worded responses from the family mouthpiece. AND, we have no idea how he died as there is no COD. Did he commit suicide and how would you know? We are all guessing at this point in time.

YES!!!!

I see so many posts about how SB and the parents are responsible for BL's death. But we don't know that. All we do know is what SB told us - that he told them not to talk. We don't know what BL told his parents, or SB. We do not know if there was any other advice given. ChL said that BL was upset the day that he left, maybe SB did tell him he could help him, or maybe he told him to tell LE, but BL couldn't live without Gabby. It's a bunch of We Don't Know - and we may never know.

We know that NS received a text from G on the 27th. ( I have no idea if she could have received two different texts on the 27th, though, I doubt it). She has said that she also received a text on the 30th, which she is sure, was not Gabby. We have heard her or read her saying that the "Stan" reference was not Gabby and she also has said that "Yosemite" made no sense for Gabby to say since she knew that Gabby was going soon to Yellowstone. So, she doesn't think at all that that was Gabby making that mistake. But the text of the 27th, she is sure, was Gabby. The search warrant (out of Sarasota County) was based on an affidavit which I suspect was not correct....I am NOT saying that an inaccuracy was deliberate at all, but I think it was inaccurate as to the date of the questionable text. JMO
Thanks for your reply. Let me see if I understand correctly…

are you speculating that: 1-there were inaccuracies in the warrant? 2-That there was a Stan text, but not on the 27th? 3-That there was a text from GP to NS on the 27th that was not the Stan text? 4-That said text was both from GP’s phone and GP herself, for sure? Per NS?(if, yes, is there a reference which leads you to believe this?)

Again, thank you for engaging me. sorry if this is exhausting. I really want to understand your perspective.

all moo

Looking at that jam packed garage, how could LE have had the time to go through all that stuff. Also, I wonder how much is juicer stuff from home business.
It is a disheveled mess. I think it's all BL's junk, with the possibility that G's things are dispersed in the pile. There are two bikes there, but no one has said one is Gabby's. The parents look to have a neat home from what we can see. I don't think that their juicer business stuff would be in the same pile as BL's stuff...but that's just how I see it. jmo

I think that they spent far more time in hotels, and restaurants than she wanted her fans to think. She always looked clean and crisp and well-dressed for a van lifer. jmo

I have always thought this as well.... too much time in motels. Was this part of the original plan?? And these are not old fashioned cheaper park the car at your door motels. I just can't imagine they budgeted for this.

I just don't think Gabby was really cut out for all this at all...

We know that Brian did a lot of solo hiking previously.
Do we know much about Gabby's hiking activities/skills/etc before the trip?

A book would be nice, but I'm not really curious about GP's and BL's home life. I would like the author to have access to the police reports and forensics and focus on the days leading up to the murder and then the murder itself.

IMO she may have just changed her address at the post office because on August 12th she still had Florida plates and a Florida drivers license. To make it official Gabby would have had to change all these state documents. JMO

It is actually very time consuming and expensive to get all these legal necessities done in NY. There was no need for them to do any of that before their trip. Much more cost effective to wait until you arrive.

I'm not sure if this information is out there since it was before they had the Youtube channel, etc. Her Instagram has older pictures, but it's hard to tell if any are from a previous road trip specifically. I don't know if anything more about it has been mentioned in any media stories beyond just the general information that they had gone on a trip before. It would be interesting to know. MOO
. Hi from Gabbie’s instagram post Login • Instagram She states “After going on our first road trip across the country in my tiny car, we felt like there was just so much we missed. Turning this Ford transit essentially into a camper was such an adventure in itself, but I couldn’t love the way it turned out more!” Hope this helps to clarify… JMO

Attachments

• D100A7FF-97F7-4C60-9CE5-542DCB2F386C.jpeg
    D100A7FF-97F7-4C60-9CE5-542DCB2F386C.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 33
Joe Petito never went to the Laundrie home.

Cady corrected this several messages back, but thank you for your restatement of the mistake. It reminded me to trace the misinformation. Not that one totally trusts FoxNews or the NYPost, but they reiterated that JP did not physically visit the home. Rather he is linked to a “public service” call the day before the P’s missing person report (Sept. 11).

Reading the reports of the anguish of the P family as they sought help to locate their daughter is haunting. My opinion, it was evidence of restraint that JP only made a public service call. Even if the FBI fails to publicly pronounce the case solved, the path forward GP’s parents have chosen is that their foundation will help to prevent other such tragedies. A light of potential “good” out of the monstrous death of their daughter.

I don’t see how he could logistically hang himself. He’d have to find just the right branch….. in a swamp. Not conducive to the perfect tree so to speak. Even the 50 year old oak in my yard doesn’t have a branch like what you’d need. Then he’d have to hoist himself up the trunk, attach a rope and get his head in the noose. I just don’t see that happening.

I suspect that Gabby was slowly realizing that Brian was Mr. Right Now.

Brian was definitely not Mr. Right. A true Mr. Right doesn’t use his partner as their meal ticket, nor do they ride their partners coat tails. Mr. Right stands confidently on his own. Brian wasn’t even close.

I feel rather certain myself, that there were underlying signals and clues that could appear harmful in a relationship. But that is the case with soooooo many relationships, including blood relationships!

I honestly believe her parents when they said they trusted him with her.

And I think they were truly enjoying each other and their planning for this big trip. And I actually assume they both saved money and spent money for this effort. I really don't believe Brian was riding on any coattails.

Whose idea was it to spend a lot of nights in motels?? IF Gabby flew back to Florida to help with storage, I don't think Brian would have stayed in motels.

The close quarters and suspected radically different expectations probably brought about the worst of the worst in both of them.

Please don't think I am making excuses for Brian...... but without more "facts" I just don't think we have to keep trying to make him so much worse than he was!!!
Will we ever get a book?????

It also doesn't make sense that NS tried to file the initial missing person report in North Port, FL if the couple had moved to NY. If they had "moved" to NY, why call North Port at all? One would think if Gabby had moved back to NY her mother would have known it. jmo
Gabby and Brian had left and spent some time in NY before heading out, had gone to Gabby's brother's graduation, but there is no indication they had moved to NY. Had that happened, Mom would have called NY first.
To tell her family that because Gabby didn't go missing in FL, they couldn't take the missing person report is silly. For all Gabby's parents knew, she had gone missing from FL. The point is, they had no idea where she was, but since FL was her legal address, that's where they called.

My guess is she didn't want her parents to know BL had left her there, or that they might be having problems.

I just want to jump in here - the person you were responding to was originally responding to me...I had posted about a very early podcast I listened to, where the hosts were giving a rundown of this story. It was from before GP had even been found. The hosts were not directly quoting anything, just summarizing what was known of the case up to that point. I would not take it very seriously that GP ever directly said to her father that "we" needed pizza, at least not just from that podcast I had mentioned! MOO

Gabby and Brian had left and spent some time in NY before heading out, had gone to Gabby's brother's graduation, but there is no indication they had moved to NY. Had that happened, Mom would have called NY first.
To tell her family that because Gabby didn't go missing in FL, they couldn't take the missing person report is silly. For all Gabby's parents knew, she had gone missing from FL. The point is, they had no idea where she was, but since FL was her legal address, that's where they called.
They left.for their trip.from.moms.house not.Florida!

Not to mention her white shorts in the police stop.

The white shorts while "roughing it" always puzzled me. Gabby frequently mentioned dirty feet and keeping the van clean. How did she manage to always look so clean and neat, wearing white shorts in a rugged environment? I didn't get the impression that they were always near comfort facilities when they were camping.

Welcome to Websleuths!

IMHO, all siblings have stories to tell. With the age difference, I think Cassie was like a second mom to him. Also, he said that he took medication. For what? How did his meds affect the family? Just a lot that could b3 u loaded IMO.

He said a doctor wanted him to take meds but that he refused. Cassie has said they were not that close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member