Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the missing person report on BL?

Has anyone seen the missing person report on BL?

I came across it on one of the reporter’s tweets. It was heavily redacted (showed Brian’s name pretty much). I look for it again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1451610768219201539
https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh/status/1452711139687731203?s=20

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
Oct 25

Not much to see in the #BrianLaundrie missing person report from
@NorthPortPolice
. Heavily redacted. (H/T
@WFLAWalt
)

MOO

I feel like I hallucinated seeing (what could have been) an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang on the night that the Laundries reported BL missing to Northport Police. I remember only being able to see the inside of the lid, because the rest of the case was in the trunk. I've attached a photo of what I remember it looking like (with only the lid/egg crate foam visible, but around that size).

I can't find the footage of LE activity that night. Does anyone else remember them looking in the trunk, opening a case, closing it again, and then walking into the house? Does anyone know of a link for the footage of that night?

The reason I'm asking is that it would certainly make me lean toward gunshot wound as cause of death, and that would be consistent with a skull that wasn't intact. It would also suggest a reason for BL's parents to have been worried about and/or resigned to suicide, and their seeming level of certainty that he was in the preserve.

MOO

After thinking about it, I could certainly see if BL wanted to take a firearm with him -- and I could see BL's dad suggesting it and allowing it (if the weapon belonged to dad). Even if the hike were truly just get-away time and nothing else (in dad's mind), a firearm would be useful -- mainly for protection against alligators, snakes and wild cats, and perhaps bears -- whatever is dangerous out there. Makes sense. Now if BL was carrying on -- boo-hooing and having a pity-party about Gabby "leaving him to travel with another man," etc., I, as a parent might be reluctant to see him leave with a gun. Of course, BL could have just taken it -- he was a Grown Man, ya know -- if indeed such a weapon did actually exist in the home.

You could be right but I don't think we have any documentation GP "changed her address" other than the NPPD Chief claiming that for both GP and BL. But assuming she did and she was a NY resident, and we know she left for the trip from NY, why didn't NS file the missing person report in NY to begin with? And why would FL not claiming her as a resident be "washing their hands of her" if she'd moved to NY? I'm not following.
JMO
They washed their hands of her residency, NS (or JP?) tried to get North Port to file her as missing and they gave the (lame) excuse, that she no longer lives in FL and had changed her address to NY, so NS filed in NY and BINGO! she was declared missing. I kept my mom's MI address as permanent for many years, but I lived on Summerland Key FL, with a P.O. address for 5 months off and on, for several years. If I had been traveling and mom thought I was missing I imagine the missing would have been from MI. Not quite the same, but I was not a permanent res of FL. I voted in MI. Difference is My car had MI plates/registration. (UGH I hate remembering those years!) jmo

Has anyone seen if either G or B were FL voters? jmo

Exactly. It gives us more context of her time without Brian.

Excellent point, @esayer... Gabby having time to think without BL wanting something. Having a few days without him may have appealed to her. Maybe she liked the lack of doing all the work except his driving the van -- cleanliness, no yammer, no hearing him belittling her work online, no constant me-me-me from him, etc.
Maybe she could breathe a little -- perhaps she forgot what that was like when he was there, sucking up all the air in the room. Yeah, maybe she liked it, and wanted a little more of it.

The episode on the road, when he apparently slapped or grabbed her in the face and who knoze what he said or yelled to her. All she could do then, IMO, was endure it, cry, and want to be anywhere but there.

Maybe she did break up with him, or suggest going back home and having some away time. If this scenario happened -- breaking up -- did she think it might put her in danger? Probably not.

Last edited:

why does the missing persons report for BL say Offense 1: MIP?

I thought “MIP” meant “minor in possession” (at least where I live, it’s the ticket given when you’re under 21 and found with alcohol).
Just struck me as odd. I’m sitting here trying to make up phrases… “missing [something that starts with ‘I’ person”

Anyone know if this just means something else completely in FL?
edited: MOO

It is and always will be the L's constitutional rights to remain silent and I would like to think that this is a right of all citizens of the United States, and it doesn't mean they are guilty of anything either if they refuse to talk. Do I think it's disgusting that they never returned Petito texts and calls, absolutely, but it doesn't change the L's rights to say nothing to anyone. May none of us ever find ourselves in a similar situation where we need to exercise this right. JMO

I think what many people object to is the sole focus on THEIR rights when their sons fiancé is missing & her family is frantic. And now we know she was murdered. And their own son is dead.

<modsnip - off topic>

Of course I also think the lawyer handled this terribly. That’s generally true when the client immediately kills himself after the lawyer is hired. Maybe practically dealing with reality instead of “hear no evil, see no evil” would have even enabled BL to live in some kind of peace with himself if his parents & lawyer had pushed a different response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they are released, and show the Laundries ignored hundreds of calls, texts, and emails from Gabby's family... while it would certainly be a moral failing, it would be in no way illegal.
It occurred to me the other day that it's possible Brian got to CL and RL's phone as soon as he returned to FL and blocked the phone numbers of Gabby's family before they started calling and texting. He could have done something similar w/ their email addresses, if he had access.

why does the missing persons report for BL say Offense 1: MIP?

I thought “MIP” meant “minor in possession” (at least where I live, it’s the ticket given when you’re under 21 and found with alcohol).
Just struck me as odd. I’m sitting here trying to make up phrases… “missing [something that starts with ‘I’ person”

Anyone know if this just means something else completely in FL?
edited: MOO

I don't know specifically for Florida, but it seems to me it could just stand for MIssing Person. Maybe they need to use 3 letter codes or something? MOO

Interesting for sure. I never saw this search warrant, thanks.
Something else I've never noticed in the warrant until now, Page 7, Paragraph 5. This affidavit was signed 9/15, the same day BL was announced as a POI, and one of the reasons for needing forensics to review the hard drive was to establish a timeline. "An analysis of such files may provide evidence that the suspect was utilizing his computer in the appropriate time frame."

This may have been brought up previously, but I don't remember reading about this before tonight. Obviously not because it wasn't there, but I think I just glossed over those paragraphs because I was looking at everything else.

Thank you. Disappointing.

I was looking around for it and came across these photos I hadn’t seen before. I don’t know how LE said nothing of GPs was at the house.
Gabby Petito: North Port Police, FBI search home of Brian Laundrie

Good answers, @PayrollNerd -- the wimp's way out. Yep, I agree with either.
No way he'd hang himself, right?... Grrrrr
I don’t see how he could logistically hang himself. He’d have to find just the right branch….. in a swamp. Not conducive to the perfect tree so to speak. Even the 50 year old oak in my yard doesn’t have a branch like what you’d need. Then he’d have to hoist himself up the trunk, attach a rope and get his head in the noose. I just don’t see that happening.

I suspect that Gabby was slowly realizing that Brian was Mr. Right Now.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....So that just shed a boatload of information from official sources. Very nice, but surprised the cellphone number for GP wasn't marked out.

Has there been any report of them actually finding the WD external drive and if so what did the digital forensics discover?
It says in there they found the hard drive in the van! I wonder if Brian actually left everything in the van? Crazy it wasn't completely empty.

Agree. Is it sketchy to mix up the date you last saw your son a few days prior while filing a missing persons report? Yes. Can you prove it was sketchy (intentional)? No.
Which I still don't understand how parents can forget when they have last seen their child, who lives with them AND came home without his fiancé. Just a bit strange to me, but I guess it's plausible that not every parent remembers when they last see their children. Maybe just harder for me since my kids are so young.

@Kristin Esq. Keeping up with little ones is much easier than when they are adults. However, this adult had created a lot of mayhem like an ornery child, IMO.
@CarolynAB2 Mixing up dates for this family is questionable because they had an attorney. These were all grown adults with one being an attorney who should have been keeping dates, times and places as part of his job. Geez. MOO

Edit for wording. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member