Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can certainly see why SB is disliked, but I fail to see how he has been a bad lawyer for his clients. His job is to protect his clients from legal action, not protect them from public scorn. Given that his clients have as of yet not been charged with anything, I think he has done his legal job well. MOO
Brian Laundrie was alive when he entered the picture, and now Brian Laundrie is dead.

Since we still don't know the exact nature of what was said between SB and the Laundries, and may never will, we can't say for sure that his legal advice was bad, but I'm more than willing to believe that the guy from out of state who specializes in real estate law giving advice over the phone in a missing persons/homicide case may have not given good advice, what with BL ending up dead, seemingly by his own hand, instead of safe in custody. IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.

I’ve never seen this press conference, thank you. This is great evidence for all the folks who were debating the dates of the calls from the Schmidt’s and petito’s to the laundrie’s. And some other good tidbits as well

You're welcome, it's from my local station.

Saving.
Thanks for linking.
Msm saying he was there.
I do wonder what the L.'s told him ?

Speculating -- whatever the interaction was, it did not go well. :(
J.P. must have been frantic.
His child was missing, and what was he being told :
She left and not to worry ?
None of his business ?
We have nothing to say ?

Obviously the police were called !

Pretty certain even if Brian confessed, the L.'s did not say she was dead.
What a horrifying time for the Schmidt's and Petito's.
Imo.
The dad.said he was.not there!
Could it be a.phone.call.received.thst.was threatening and the L's called.LE?

What are you all thinking the COD will be for BL (assuming they're able to determine it)?
#1 Gunshot
#2 Overdose

Gunshot because in my opinion, <modsnip>. It would also explain the skull damage.

Overdose because I suspect he had a bottle of unused meds that he referred to on that police stop video. If that med was Prozac or similar type drug for anxiety, OD would be easy. Just sit under the bridge in the shade, drowsy & done. The water carries him away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which I still don't understand how parents can forget when they have last seen their child, who lives with them AND came home without his fiancé. Just a bit strange to me, but I guess it's plausible that not every parent remembers when they last see their children. Maybe just harder for me since my kids are so young.[/QUO
Brian Laundrie was alive when he entered the picture, and now Brian Laundrie is dead.

Since we still don't know the exact nature of what was said between SB and the Laundries, and may never will, we can't say for sure that his legal advice was bad, but I'm more than willing to believe that the guy from out of state who specializes in real estate law giving advice over the phone in a missing persons/homicide case may have not given good advice, what with BL ending up dead, seemingly by his own hand, instead of safe in custody. IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.
I.don t believe anything would.change .the outcome!
I don t think he could live with himself!

#1 Gunshot
#2 Overdose

Gunshot because in my opinion, <modsnip>. It would also explain the skull damage.

Overdose because I suspect he had a bottle of unused meds that he referred to on that police stop video. If that med was Prozac or similar type drug for anxiety, OD would be easy. Just sit under the bridge in the shade, drowsy & done. The water carries him away.
I was also thinking OD for the same reason you did.

Which I still don't understand how parents can forget when they have last seen their child, who lives with them AND came home without his fiancé. Just a bit strange to me, but I guess it's plausible that not every parent remembers when they last see their children. Maybe just harder for me since my kids are so young.

Agree. Is it sketchy to mix up the date you last saw your son a few days prior while filing a missing persons report? Yes. Can you prove it was sketchy (intentional)? No.

MOO

I feel like I hallucinated seeing (what could have been) an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang on the night that the Laundries reported BL missing to Northport Police. I remember only being able to see the inside of the lid, because the rest of the case was in the trunk. I've attached a photo of what I remember it looking like (with only the lid/egg crate foam visible, but around that size).

I can't find the footage of LE activity that night. Does anyone else remember them looking in the trunk, opening a case, closing it again, and then walking into the house? Does anyone know of a link for the footage of that night?

The reason I'm asking is that it would certainly make me lean toward gunshot wound as cause of death, and that would be consistent with a skull that wasn't intact. It would also suggest a reason for BL's parents to have been worried about and/or resigned to suicide, and their seeming level of certainty that he was in the preserve.

MOO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.05.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.05.39 PM.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 15
I was able to read this article from my subscription to Patch (local news) but it originated with the Herald Tribune. At the newspaper link, it is behind a paywall. I snipped a few interesting paragraphs, bolded a few words and included both links to the article. ETA: North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison

Published: Mon, Nov 1, 2021

Snip:

Garrison fielded questions about the case — and errors his agency made in keeping an eye on Laundrie — as part of a panel of local law enforcement leaders speaking on a range of topics at Friday's South County Tiger Bay Club meeting in Venice, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported.

Snip:

When North Port police officers joined the FBI to meet with Laundrie's parents Sept. 17, "I sat with the deputy chief in my office, hoping that they would find Brian hiding in a back bedroom," Garrison added. "I was hoping, maybe it was a ploy. It wasn't."

He also reportedly told the event's attendees that Laundrie and Petito, who lived in Florida for the past two years, were no longer state residents when they left for their road trip.

"What a lot of people don't know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure," Garrison said.

Laundrie Investigation, Officers Defended By Police Chief: Report | Sarasota, FL Patch

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake (heraldtribune.com)

#1 Gunshot
#2 Overdose

It's actually very hard to take your life using prescription meds. People often survive drug overdoses. I know someone who took all of their psych meds like the ones you mentioned and still made it. I've had several medical friends tell me that Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is what people often OD on. It damages the liver and can cause death fairly quickly. That was quite a surprise to me.

I have always thought he used a gun. I don't see it as wimpy; I see it as a fail safe to insure it worked.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members