AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I wonder on this case:
-What was the podcast?
-Were dogs used at the vehicle found location? If so, what were results?
-Have other places been searched? Like, if he crashed & someone picked him up disoriented.. have hospitals & facilities been searched, have the closest businesses & homes been asked?
-Have the monasteries been asked?...... just in case. There is one very close by to
his last location.
-Why so little said on/by DRs mom? I know everyone processes differently but been striking me odd. Just as the friends & coworkers not being as public with their info. Usually in cases multiple people come out & talk to press or online.

Speculation... people suspected something was not right with DR already or job already knew something bad happened that day.

Why would job call emergency contact same day to report DR walked off the job? Do employers usually do that? Did boss know the sister personally? Did boss give sister details that haven't been shared? I've walked off a job and never came back. Quit without a word to employer. Not my best moment. But, no one ever called my contacts.

Why would sister call dad... in South Carolina... so quickly?

Why would job call emergency contact same day to report DR walked off the job? Do employers usually do that? Did boss know the sister personally? Did boss give sister details that haven't been shared? I've walked off a job and never came back. Quit without a word to employer. Not my best moment. But, no one ever called my contacts. Why would sister call dad... in South Carolina... so quickly?

@PromPeace12 The police report includes odd comments and behavior from him and mention of depression in the weeks prior to his disappearance which may have led to the early concern by people that know him. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

In particular, see the comments from Roger, his co-worker, on pages 38-40. He found out he was missing after KE, who D met at site, called the office about how D had abruptly left and shared comments he made. R heard about this and was alarmed. He stopped by Daniel's sister's place that day after he couldn't reach him to see if he was there. Her boyfriend was there and told him they'd had odd conversations with D recently also. Roger told his boss to reach out to his emergency contact as D's sister couldn't get in touch with him either.

Last edited:
Father, search team continue looking for Daniel Robinson who went missing four months ago

Father, search team continue looking for Daniel Robinson who went missing four months ago
David Robinson has been searching for his son for 14 weeks outside of Buckeye. On Nov. 6, the early morning search started near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road. Three other locations were also searched, including the Hassayampa River and the area west of where his car was found a month ago.

(Video at link above)

Jeep yields new details in Daniel Robinson case

According to this article it appears the PI hired by Daniel’s father is still disputing some of the latest findings.

Recently, the Buckeye Police Department hired an investigative company that now says the Jeep was involved in a rollover crash and sped up right before impact. They also said the driver may have tried to jump a ravine. New details also show the ignition was turned on more than 40 times after the crash.

However, Jeff McGrath, a private investigator hired by the Robinson family, disputes some of those findings.

“The car did not speed up right before the crash,” said McGrath. “I don’t know where this investigator got this information. I’m looking at the crash data recorder. There’s no indication, as a matter of fact, of the car’s speed.”

McGrath said not only does he believe the vehicle didn’t speed up, his investigation has led him to believe Robinson’s vehicle slowed down before the crash.

McGrath doesn’t know how his findings have differed so much from the company hired by the Buckeye Police Department.

NOV 7, 2021
Human remains found while search party looks for missing geologist in Buckeye | Arizona News | azfamily.com
The human remains were found on Saturday morning near Sun Valley Parkway and Milepost 113. In a video posted to the Twitter page "Please Help Find Daniel," Daniel's father and a private investigator said they went out to search an area a couple miles south off Cactus Road. The video went on to say they found human remains, but do not know who the remains belong to. They are waiting for official confirmation from medical examiners, but Daniel's father reportedly says the remains are not Daniel's.

NOV 7, 2021
Human remains found while search party looks for missing geologist in Buckeye | Arizona News | azfamily.com
The human remains were found on Saturday morning near Sun Valley Parkway and Milepost 113. In a video posted to the Twitter page "Please Help Find Daniel," Daniel's father and a private investigator said they went out to search an area a couple miles south off Cactus Road. The video went on to say they found human remains, but do not know who the remains belong to. They are waiting for official confirmation from medical examiners, but Daniel's father reportedly says the remains are not Daniel's.
Human remains found by volunteer while searching for Daniel Robinson in Buckeye

To add:

On Nov. 6, the early morning search started near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road. Three other locations were also searched, including the Hassayampa River and the area west of where his car was found a month ago.

Robinson's father, along with volunteer search crews, were scouring the area where his Jeep was found, and that's when a volunteer found the remains.

Evidence found near the remains is leading investigators to believe the remains may not belong to Robinson.

Investigators are waiting on DNA testing for official identification.

The search was near Sun Valley Parkway and milepost 113.

Human remains found in search for missing geologist who vanished in Arizona | Daily Mail Online

Volunteers searching for a geologist who disappeared in Arizona in June found human remains over the weekend, but the missing man's father says the recovered bones are not his son.

The Buckeye Police Department has confirmed that the skeletal remains found on Saturday by a group of searchers looking for Daniel Robinson were human.

DNA tests will be used to try to determine the identity of the deceased.

Police said evidence found near the skeletal remains suggested the remains may not belong to Robinson, but a spokesperson for the agency on Monday declined to says what that evidence was, citing the ongoing investigation.

Robinson's father, David Robinson, shared a video from the search site to a Twitter account called 'Please Help Find Daniel' and wrote in a post: 'Saturday, November 6, my weekly searches for my son Geologist Daniel Robinson has again uncovered human remains out in the desert of Buckeye, AZ, hopefully bringing some closure to another grieving family. The human remains is not Daniel. I will continue my searches for my son.'

Robinson's father, David Robinson, shared a video from the search site to a Twitter account called 'Please Help Find Daniel' and wrote in a post: 'Saturday, November 6, my weekly searches for my son Geologist Daniel Robinson has again uncovered human remains out in the desert of Buckeye, AZ, hopefully bringing some closure to another grieving family. The human remains is not Daniel. I will continue my searches for my son.'
^^rsbm

Are there other known missing persons in the desert of Buckeye, AZ at this time? Prior searches in this area? I didn't find any AZ missing thread for a possible victim.

Hoping for the best for DR's family and friends but it seems possible this recovery could be DR. :(

Speculation... people suspected something was not right with DR already or job already knew something bad happened that day.

Why would job call emergency contact same day to report DR walked off the job? Do employers usually do that? Did boss know the sister personally? Did boss give sister details that haven't been shared? I've walked off a job and never came back. Quit without a word to employer. Not my best moment. But, no one ever called my contacts.

Why would sister call dad... in South Carolina... so quickly?
IMHO, withholding all of these 'factoids' from the national/PR interviews reduces the likelihood of finding Daniel, dead or alive. Why? because it makes others believe he is still in the desert; not THEIR area. And the truth is that, combined with sightings in AZ and CA, he may well be, or have been, outside of the desert. Opening up those possibilities would expand the community of people who could believe they might help by actually looking for him near their locations... My faith is strong he will be found.... but maybe not in the desert area.. and hopefully alive... Prayers continue!

^^rsbm

Are there other known missing persons in the desert of Buckeye, AZ at this time? Prior searches in this area? I didn't find any AZ missing thread for a possible victim.

Hoping for the best for DR's family and friends but it seems possible this recovery could be DR. :(

I speculate they either found items indicating she's female or found identification (fake?) and maybe other personal items leading them to believe the remains are from a migrant.
There are many migrant UIDs in Arizona (also Texas). If you go to NamUs and look at the Dashboard and click on the link for "Unidentified," you will always see these migrant cases, near the top. (Warning - Often post-mortem photos too). It's awful how many there are to be honest.

IMHO, withholding all of these 'factoids' from the national/PR interviews reduces the likelihood of finding Daniel, dead or alive. Why? because it makes others believe he is still in the desert; not THEIR area. And the truth is that, combined with sightings in AZ and CA, he may well be, or have been, outside of the desert. Opening up those possibilities would expand the community of people who could believe they might help by actually looking for him near their locations... My faith is strong he will be found.... but maybe not in the desert area.. and hopefully alive... Prayers continue!

Spot on. Where was the CA sighting?

I found this article from 2014 which describes how a man had a motorcycle accident, stripped off all his clothes including underwear and wandered a quarter of a mile until he fell 40' off a cliff. Police said the crash scene showed no sign of blood or trauma. He was rescued with significant injuries. At the time of the article they didn't know if his actions were related to a head injury or intoxication. While Daniel's clothes weren't folded...the undressing does perplex me. Along with the 12:54PM crash time, as he still had his work vest on...so where was he and what was he doing for 3+ hours? I can't get on board with the theory he was out in a hot desert to nap all that time.

Naked man rescued after Hwy. 1 crash, cliff fall

Found a follow-up article. The man claimed to have crashed to avoid a turkey. Left behind wallet and wandered 1/4 mile through thick brush with trail of folded clothing.

Motorcyclist who jumped naked from Hwy. 1 cliff says he swerved to avoid turkey
This was a Canadian riding his motorcycle to South America for a job. He had a bad head injury and said he did not remember anything between the crash and the beach.
I do wonder if DR also suffered a head injury.

Does anyone know if the driver's side window had been found down or smashed out/in? It looks down in the photo. I'm thinking perhaps D tried to restart the car multiple times to get electrical systems on to lower the window if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow