CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dog thing kept me up last night. As in how did Seven land on the 28th floor. These two trains of thought stick with me.

1. Simplest explanation is that HP went to an apartment on the 28th floor. And do we know which building this was in? There are two separate buildings: Hope+Flower.

2. HP was kidnapped/dragged from/harmed in an elevator and her dog was left behind. Someone hit the button on the 28th floor and when the doors opened, the dog wandered out. Maybe the couple found him when he wandered out. I've read resident reviews stating there are a lot of dogs in the building and also dog urine in the hallways. Anyone else who saw him might have thought he was just loose in the building a belonged to a resident.

I know there are other possible scenarios. Thoughts?

MOO.

it definitely seems like something must have happened to her in that apartment building…possibly in an apartment, dog was either not grabbed or released, and then she was made to disappear somehow within the building?

Can LE do this with her RR. This is from their website.
View attachment 321311
JW has said he discovered from Land Rover that her Range Rover’s system was never set up. Or was never activated. Something like that.

From a
LAND ROVER INCONTROL® SETUP AND TROUBLESHOOTING FAQs page:
“How do I know that my InControl Services has been activated?

Once you have successfully completed the InControl setup process your InControl Services will be activated and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you submitted during the setup process.

Next time you start the engine of your vehicle the lights on the SOS Emergency call and Optimized Land Rover Assistance buttons located in the overhead console of your vehicle should both be illuminated.“
https://www.landroverusa.com/ownership/incontrol/faq/incontrol-troubleshooting.html
Land Rover InControl® - Setup and Troubleshooting FAQs | Land Rover USA

If we believe sources close to the investigation as stated in the CBSLOCAL clip (1:45 "a source close to the investigation has footage of Heidi and the dog walking the alley behind the apartment complex"), Heidi was seen with her dog at the alley by the apartment complex that day.
Going by that footage, we can exclude that she wasn't at the apartment building.

She was also seen previously at the building when a friend picked her up from there so it's not random and she was there before otherwise she wouldn't randomly drive downtown to take her dog for a walk in a random alley. She either had direct access to the building or knows someone in the building. For all we know she could have rented a place there. Walking the dog in the alley makes it seems like a doggy break, she was doing something previously around the area for her to be at that alley, otherwise the dog could have gone somewhere before she got there.

The question is, seeing as most apartment building have an indoor/outdoor dog park (can anyone confirm?), why didn't she take him there if she indeed rents there? Thus it makes me think she was waiting for someone or she smokes/was on the phone and didn't want to be in the dog park
There is a dog run. It’s noted in the Amenities page and there’s a photo.
Who knows what the requirements are for access, but I would imagine it would take some kind of pet registration.

This dog thing kept me up last night. As in how did Seven land on the 28th floor. These two trains of thought stick with me.

1. Simplest explanation is that HP went to an apartment on the 28th floor. And do we know which building this was in? There are two separate buildings: Hope+Flower.

2. HP was kidnapped/dragged from/harmed in an elevator and her dog was left behind. Someone hit the button on the 28th floor and when the doors opened, the dog wandered out. Maybe the couple found him when he wandered out. I've read resident reviews stating there are a lot of dogs in the building and also dog urine in the hallways. Anyone else who saw him might have thought he was just loose in the building a belonged to a resident.

MOO.

Both those scenarios fit without stretching the imagination, IMO. Equally, say she was attacked in an apartment or a hallway. The dog may have run off while the bad guy/s were busy, or the bad guys may have booted the dog out into the elevator or stairwell. Seven then landed up on the 28/29th floor with the nice couple when, as you say, someone called the elevator from that floor.

JW has said he discovered from Land Rover that her Range Rover’s system was never set up. Or was never activated. Something like that.

From a

Once you have successfully completed the InControl setup process your InControl Services will be activated and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you submitted during the setup process.

Next time you start the engine of your vehicle the lights on the SOS Emergency call and Optimized Land Rover Assistance buttons located in the overhead console of your vehicle should both be illuminated.“
Land Rover InControl® - Setup and Troubleshooting FAQs | Land Rover USA[/
Not sure I can ask this but is there a connection between JS and the landlord or the landlords LLC? MOO
Yes.

From a

Land Rover InControl® - Setup and Troubleshooting FAQs | Land Rover USA
Slopoke- I am not clear about an important detail.
Signing up, easy breezy the In Control feature
activates the navigation and a bunch of bells and whistles and activates the SOS button.
However, it is my understanding that there is a built in locator in those vehicles that Range Rover can use to search for stolen cars, no special activation required. It has to be De activated, in reading it is not an easy task, or a for sale online for RR thieves Signal Jammer can be placed under the car to block it.
Can you clarify? You are so good with details.
Thank you!

There is a dog run. It’s noted in the Amenities page and there’s a photo.
Who knows what the requirements are for access, but I would imagine it would take some kind of pet registration.

Yes, onsite dog run. Here's a photo of it posted by management on the H+F Facebook page.

"Hope + Flower - Paradise found! Our four-legged residents will have a ball on our onsite dog run. Learn about this and our other unparalleled amenities here: hopeflowerdtla.com | Facebook" Log into Facebook | Facebook

MOO.[/QUOTE

I agree on the interest of how the dog is involved in all of this.

First, I wonder how typical it was that HP regularly brought her dog with her to work, on errands, etc. The timeline of the day HP went missing appears as if she brought the dog with her to the football game (don’t know if she left him in the car or had him with her in the stands).
Just my opinion, but I have to wonder if the dog was used either to place her at the H&P apartments or as a bread crumb to help find her (in the case that something went wrong with whomever). I am also assuming that to get entry into the building that one would need to either be let in by a resident or that the front desk would have to allow access. Same as if one entered via valet parking. HP could be going to any floor but let the dog out on another floor before she got there.

Slopoke- I am not clear about an important detail.
Signing up, easy breezy the In Control feature
activates the navigation and a bunch of bells and whistles and activates the SOS button.
However, it is my understanding that there is a built in locator in those vehicles that Range Rover can use to search for stolen cars, no special activation required. It has to be De activated, in reading it is not an easy task, or a for sale online for RR thieves Signal Jammer can be placed under the car to block it.
Can you clarify? You are so good with details.
Thank you!
I’m pretty ignorant about such modern devices, as all the cars we personally own are old. (My “newest” car is a 2007! Lol) But, I found this, which, when I read it, sounds like you still need the InControl thing activated. Not sure.

(Not bolded by me)
STOLEN VEHICLE LOCATOR
“In the event that the vehicle is stolen:

1. First, contact the police and file a police report.

2. Contact the Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center via the Land Rover InControl Remote Smartphone App. Alternatively, use the phone number on the InControl website.

3. Provide the Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center with the police report number.
The Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center then liaise with the police to pinpoint the exact location of the stolen vehicle. While tracking the vehicle, access to the Land Rover InControl Remote Smartphone App and the owner's InControl Customer Account, is unavailable until the vehicle has been recovered.”

Land Rover Owner Information

Another thing that would be nice to know is who leaked the fact that HP was seen in the alley of H + F with her dog? Was is LE, someone that works security at the building, JW telling a reporter that etc.? What is interesting though is whoever did, why was that the only thing mentioned or reported? Surely they would have mentioned if that footage also showed her enter or exit the actual building but the fact that the only thing being reported is that she was seen in the back alley leads me to assume that might be the only footage they have?

I’m pretty ignorant about such modern devices, as all the cars we personally own are old. (My “newest” car is a 2007! Lol) But, I found this, which, when I read it, sounds like you still need the InControl thing activated. Not sure.

(Not bolded by me)
“In the event that the vehicle is stolen:

1. First, contact the police and file a police report.

2. Contact the Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center via the Land Rover InControl Remote Smartphone App. Alternatively, use the phone number on the InControl website.

3. Provide the Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center with the police report number.
The Stolen Vehicle Monitoring Center then liaise with the police to pinpoint the exact location of the stolen vehicle. While tracking the vehicle, access to the Land Rover InControl Remote Smartphone App and the owner's InControl Customer Account, is unavailable until the vehicle has been recovered.”

Land Rover Owner Information
Thanks!
I had seen that, too, as well as a whole ‘nuther read about what sounded like the built in tracker but like you, cars are s not my realm. Someone here has a RR, maybe they can clarify.
Her car is a 2017 Land Rover/Range Rover/ Velar

What made you consider that, is it the number of days HP has been missing or some other new information?

The dog piece clicked into place for me. I think he was let loose from an apartment on the floor he was found because a killer didn’t want the dog to bark and alert anyone to a crime scene inside the apartment.

If in fact HP left her two phones at home, then she did it because she didn't want to be tracked. Someone like her with a child, job, side hustles, etc, would not go anywhere without a phone. Besides, I'd think that if she was at a game she would be taking advantage to catch up on her calls, emails, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member