CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much agree with this. There's no way she was in the alley with the dog, then the dog was in the building w/o them both being on camera at least part of the time. The only way this could be wrong, imo, is if practically all of the cctv in the bldg was out of order. Which is possible, but kind of unlikely given the current environment in that area and the obscene amount of money people pay to live in a building like that. jmo
I have known facilities that are mandated to have cameras at all times (think prison) and when the CCTV would break down, it would take weeks to get it fixed. However, this is a very busy area, it's unlikely that all of the technology available for surveillance did not capture HP or the dog. The police is not asking for tips because they don't need tips. The police is just getting their ducks in a row.

It’s from The Sun:

“They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones
That comment by the good samaritans makes sense to me, They apparently said it to JW after he told them about the situation---and of course they would feel that way, hearing the pup belonged to a 7 yr old boy.

Before hearing that they may have been thinking someone abandoned the doggie , or was neglectful, and they would want to keep him. But hearing about a boy with a missing mom---they'd say they'd never want to keep him from the boy.

I have known facilities that are mandated to have cameras at all times (think prison) and when the CCTV would break down, it would take weeks to get it fixed. However, this is a very busy area, it's unlikely that all of the technology available for surveillance did not capture HP or the dog. The police is not asking for tips because they don't need tips. The police is just getting their ducks in a row.

Tbh, I think a bunch of biotching tenants in a pricey apt complex are far more likely to have their cctv fixed in a timely manner. Too much potential liability otherwise.

I would bring a dog when showing an apartment and have done so in the past, and after accomplishing what needed to be done, I would take my dog for a walk in the area.

Yup. We have some apartments and now use a realtor to handle showings but before that, I always brought my biggest dog with me to show prospective tenants. Mostly urban high-end units, too. (And we have a rule of meeting potential canine tenants as well - what the person calls a “Lab mix” can actually be a breed not covered by insurance).

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I've lived in both places and downtown LA is NOTHING like NYC. Most significantly hardly anyone (relatively speaking) actually lives in downtown LA. At night, it is nothing compared to NYC. There are not lights and thousands of people everywhere you go at all hours. Just the homeless, drugs and crime after dark in most of downtown LA. jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. We have some apartments and now use a realtor to handle showings but before that, I always brought my biggest dog with me to show prospective tenants. Mostly urban high-end units, too. (And we have a rule of meeting potential canine tenants as well - what the person calls a “Lab mix” can actually be a breed not covered by insurance).

Curious, you both referenced showing an apartment. That means you are the “landlord” or otherwise? That, having your dog with you I can completely understand that perspective, I would do that myself.

I would not bring my dog with me on my very first visit to meet and see a landlord showing me an apartment I am interested in renting. Even if dog friendly building, how could I know the landlord is. Not until I at least had the opportunity to see if it was anything I was interested in, and had the chance to bring the dog up in the conversation about the rental.

I can however understand others feeling different. I love dogs but I’ve always been a cat girl - simply because my jobs haven’t allowed for it, rotating shift work 7 days in a row with a 1/2 day break and more often then not forced on a 16, thank goodness my kids are grown and I don’t have dogs, I don’t know what I’d do.

moo

I've lived in both places and downtown LA is NOTHING like NYC. Most significantly hardly anyone (relatively speaking) actually lives in downtown LA. At night, it is nothing compared to NYC. There are not lights and thousands of people everywhere you go at all hours. Just the homeless, drugs and crime after dark in most of downtown LA. jmo
I’ll be honest, I truly never knew this AT ALL. I always thought of LA as a whole and I thought everything was not as “lit up” as NYC, but always thought it was similar to the places I’ve been in Santa Monica. Fancy buildings, well profiled people (nice houses, jobs, cars).

I do realize now I should have clarified something better. I wasn’t necessarily saying HP wouldn’t know how bad the area was, so much as I was saying she might not have known how bad that apartment building was, management and all. Sure she could have even simply read the reviews but I just don’t want to assume even that.
Moo

Curious, you both referenced showing an apartment. That means you are the “landlord” or otherwise? That, having your dog with you I can completely understand that perspective, I would do that myself.

I would not bring my dog with me on my very first visit to meet and see a landlord showing me an apartment I am interested in renting. Even if dog friendly building, how could I know the landlord is. Not until I at least had the opportunity to see if it was anything I was interested in, and had the chance to bring the dog up in the conversation about the rental.

I can however understand others feeling different. I love dogs but I’ve always been a cat girl - simply because my jobs haven’t allowed for it, rotating shift work 7 days in a row with a 1/2 day break and more often then not forced on a 16, thank goodness my kids are grown and I don’t have dogs, I don’t know what I’d do.

moo

I think it’s changed dramatically in the past 5-8yrs, particularly with the under-40s and those in a mid- to high-end market. Bluntly - potential tenants are very, very demanding these days. And they love their dogs. Granite, new stainless, and hardwood are the most minimum of expectations. I’m not in LA, though. JMO.

Or she wanted her independence instead of being "kept" by one of the companies in that $ 1.6m house she did not own. Maybe she had enough of being a yes woman to her bosses. But her boss wasn't too keen on the idea given that such independence might lead to her talking about iffy shenanigans going on. Maybe her boss JS found out recently she was about to resign, found another job, who knows, and things escalated from there.

Something along these lines is high on my list too.

I think it’s changed dramatically in the past 5-8yrs, particularly with the under-40s and those in a mid- to high-end market. Bluntly - potential tenants are very, very demanding these days. And they love their dogs. Granite, new stainless, and hardwood are the most minimum of expectations. I’m not in LA, though. JMO.

Great point and very true.

moo
Correct, I brought my dog because I was the landlord, and because I was so busy I had to multi-task, i.e. show the property and take the dog for a long walk.

The following article snippet keeps repeating in my mind.

Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

It makes me wonder…
1) How did the company supposedly get HP’s personal bank statements?
2) If the company did have HP’s personal bank statements as support of an alleged embezzlement scheme, why would they turn them over to JW (as her ex-husband, no less)?
3) Why didn’t JW look over the provided bank statements in detail after hearing the company’s allegations? I certainly would be curious, especially if it involved an ex!
4) If the bank statements were so evidentiary in the eyes of the company, why would law enforcement supposedly claim that HP’s bank accounts did not have an exceptional amount of cash after their review? (Though I suppose low cash at the end of a statement period is not equivalent to low account activity.)
5) Why would law enforcement disclose to the ex-husband their conclusions after an analysis of the bank statements?

This all smells fishy to me. JW is her ex-husband, and you would think that both the company and law enforcement would refrain from disclosing any “confidential” information to him.

I hope law enforcement compares whatever bank statements JW provided to the actual bank statements directly from the bank itself.

Perhaps JS was showing JW business or joint banks records in an effort to prove money was missing…that would be more consistent with his accusations. I don’t know if police would share bank info with JW (maybe) but possible they reviewed her personal accounts and conveyed that missing money wasn’t there (ie, stating “she didn’t have much money in her account”).

Perhaps JS was showing JW business or joint banks records in an effort to prove money was missing…that would be more consistent with his accusations. I don’t know if police would share bank info with JW (maybe) but possible they reviewed her personal accounts and conveyed that missing money wasn’t there (ie, stating “she didn’t have much money in her account”).
The referenced article called them “HP’s personal bank statements,” so it doesn’t seem like they were business or joint bank statements. JW even claims in the article that he “has no idea how her employer had obtained her banking information.”

Absolutely nothing today in the way of news. In the space of about 48 hours, this story has gone stone cold. I don't get it.

Just when you think this case can't get any more stranger, we now have to wonder why there is this cloak of silence surrounding this case. No news updates, no L.E. updates...nothing. Who or what is being protected?

The referenced article called them “HP’s personal bank statements,” so it doesn’t seem like they were business or joint bank statements. JW even claims in the article that he “has no idea how her employer had obtained her banking information.”
I wouldn't be surprised if he had access to everything. MOO

I've lived in both places and downtown LA is NOTHING like NYC. Most significantly hardly anyone (relatively speaking) actually lives in downtown LA. At night, it is nothing compared to NYC. There are not lights and thousands of people everywhere you go at all hours. Just the homeless, drugs and crime after dark in most of downtown LA. jmo
I've lived in downtown LA and it is dismal, especially at night. Perhaps it's better now than it used to be. When we lived there we had to drive several miles to a grocery store. I think there's a Ralph's downtown now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa