CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have police stated that her last known location was the building where the dog was found?

While it would make sense that she left on her own volition and his hidding, I also think the way she disappeared doesn't make sense in that scenario.

Leaving her child's football game abruptly and abandoning her dog to be found by strangers doesn't jive with voluntarily leaving. She was also supposed to pick up her son from school later in the week.

Why didn't she make arrangments with her ex to keep the boy for longer than he was supposed to and ask someone to look after the dog? I can understand that she probably wouldn't want her ex to know to much about what she was doing if the FBI came looking for her. Maybe she thought he wouldn't keep her secret, who knows.

Such a weird case though.

Two things strike me about the video…First, she is walking without her purse. IMO this means she has already been inside the building and went down to walk her dog. She’s not going to leave her purse inside her car in DTLA, not even in valet. Surely she has more street smarts than that. Second, she is walking and looks up at something as she’s walking. What could she be looking up at? It seems like a worried glance to me. Did she leave her phone behind also? Did whoever she met at H+F go through her phone when she was walking the dog and find something they didn’t like? Maybe went into a jealous rage when she got back to the apartment?

I have two scenarios. One she went into witness protection, and she was pulled out of the general public quicker than she anticipated. The other was she was eliminated as a potential witness to a crime.

Apologies if I'm restating others' thoughts. Just seeing the video.

No purse seems to indicate:
A) she's already been in H+F to put her stuff down;
B) She met up with someone she trusted enough to hold onto it at a restaurant or shop while she took Seven out; or,
C) She was there to drop Seven off and someone was waiting for her in the car.

I don't get the impression DTLA is a place you'd leave your purse in your car unattended and she appears to be walking quickly, Seven isn't keeping up with her. I know dogs get distracted, but she seems distracted too. She's not particularly paying attention to him and, IDK, I'm not getting the, "I'm just walking my dog" vibe.

That was my question as well. I think it might just be the lighting but my initial thought was that her hair was noticeably darker...
It also looks longer and fuller to me in the newest video, but I can't tell all that well. The earlier video looked to be right above her shoulders with a little side bang area that doesn't look to be present in the newest video, but it could be angles.

HP is not walking her dog in the sense that she is allowing Seven to relieve itself; she is practically pulling the dog along. She seems to be looking for something or someone; perhaps she was there to meet the person who would keep the dog for a while and the person did not show up. But then, where is her purse? Maybe she parked her car in one location, was picked up by someone in another car, and had to make a stop to drop Seven off before she disappeared. Perhaps, when the dog sitter/friend did not show up she was running out of time and decided to leave the dog on the floor of the dog sitter/friend and left.

Good catch!!
She has a sweater on.
Is it the lighting or is her hair darker?
Did we ever find out what time the leaving home video was taken?
She had the sweater tied around her hips when she was getting in her car to go to the football game. As for her hair, I just think it's a lighting issue. And she was in the shade between two buildings late in the afternoon by that point.

CBS article references less than hour after last seen, but has anyone seen any article confirming the time she was last seen? There never any timestamps, which frustrates me to no end.

There appears to be a date/time stamp on the CBS video of Heidi outside in the alley with her dog. It pretty clearly says 10/17/2021, but the time stamp is less clear to me. It appears to say 10:22:43 but that wouldn't make sense timeline wise.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 05-58-34 New Video Of Heidi Planck, Missing Since October, Emerges.png

B) She met up with someone she trusted enough to hold onto it at a restaurant or shop while she took Seven out; or,

I don't get the impression DTLA is a place you'd leave your purse in your car unattended and she appears to be walking quickly, Seven isn't keeping up with her. I know dogs get distracted, but she seems distracted too. She's not particularly paying attention to him and, IDK, I'm not getting the, "I'm just walking my dog" vibe.
Great points!

She could have been on the return end of her walk so was walking faster. It seems to me she's paying attention to her surroundings, which is what I would do, distracting her from the dog.

And the idea that she might have planned to leave the dog there is an interesting one.

ITA. She was not walking the dog, she was walking WITH the dog. Anyone who has ever walked a dog knows they stop to sniff everything, and a walk with a dog is a stroll. She was definitely not strolling. She had a sense of urgency, and I agree, she may have been dropping the dog off with someone, or else may have been intending to. JMO

I think she left her purse tucked away in her car so it wouldn’t be a target. I do this. If I have to walk somewhere that freaks me out, I tuck my cash into my pocket and stash my purse in my center console or under the blanket on my back seat. That way when I walk, someone won’t attack me so they can grab my purse.

At one point HP looks up, perhaps trying to identify a camera system. Maybe the reason she was meeting someone in the alley was to drop Seven off without being captured by the cameras in the lobby, or maybe she had double-parked and was in a rush to meet the person. Was she dropping the dog off or was she picking something up?

ITA. She was not walking the dog, she was walking WITH the dog. Anyone who has ever walked a dog knows they stop to sniff everything, and a walk with a dog is a stroll. She was definitely not strolling. She had a sense of urgency, and I agree, she may have been dropping the dog off with someone, or else may have been intending to. JMO

I don't live in an urban area. And the only time I walked a dog in an urban area was at a hotel that provided a grassy dog area. Obviously I don't know what Heidi is doing but if she thought the dog needed to go potty, I'd expect to see her walking fast to quickly get him to the potty area. Obviously letting him sniff (or even try to eat) who knows what on the concrete might not be ideal. (Think the alley is where food trucks park.) And she'd probably prefer he not relieve himself on the concrete in the middle of the alley.

I do wonder if that's a mask in her hand as reports said. If so, where's her poop bag?
JMO

Okay after watching this video I noticed something. In the first part of the video, where she is walking away from the camera, she has something in her right hand. In the 2nd part, where she is walking towards the camera there is nothing in her right hand. The reporter mentioned her carrying a mask in the video. Could have also been a dog bag. So which video was first? Did she walk into the alley with something and walk out with nothing or the other way around. Just noticed, probably nothing, but worth a mention.

That’s a very good and logical thought—a doggie poop bag. You never know when a dog will decide it’s gotta go, and I learned the hard way never to be without a spare bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member